Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev has actually instilled a sense of optimisim in the team. He has the confidence of Dave and Ikin.

Madge has taken a premiership team and wittled them down to 12th, and then done nothing with this Tigers team. They have no where near the optimisim we have for our future.

Madge has no idea how to maintain success or get back to where he was. He is 100% not worth getting rid of Kevie for.

Madge is just another Green/Sheens. Got a premiership on their resume, but no idea how to win one again.
Huh? I said to make him assistant coach next to Kev..

Huh? I said to make him assistant coach next to Kev..
Eh, that's one step too close to the head coach job for my liking.

From everything I've heard he might be a bit of a downer on the place.

I wouldnt. Bellamy wouldnt touch Napa with a 10 foot pole anyway.

While we are on this Napa thing, how did we get Big Papi put into a conversation with Tallis. One is one of the greatest forwards ever to play the game, and the other is Dylan Napa.
Exactly.. there is a reason why Melbourne aren't offering Napa a cheap contract but we're interested in Woods at one point..
As much as I dont like Woods he'd bring more to the team then Napa

Well there really isn't much wiggle room in the line up.. It's fairly predictable how it will be.. Can't get it too wrong at this point. The only changes can be through personal preference or if you felt like a punt.
I'm surprised you didn't find room for Rhyse Martin!

The QCup Player I'd be interested in is Luke Polselli at the Sunshine Coast Falcons. He's a fullback who came through the Manly and Cronulla Sharks junior system, has some pace about him and knows how to position himself. If you want the next Nicho Hynes/Jahrome Hughes prospect, he's it and actually has a similar pedigree as he's played some five-eighth as well.

I think he had some injury set-backs this year, but has otherwise been in fine touch. I haven't heard about any NRL interest but again it would not shock me to see him offered a train and trial deal from Melbourne and to slot right in.

I actually literally face palmed when i saw a 30 year old Linc Port in the list!
ehh this was a no judgement hypothetical. as i said his 1-17 isn't too far off most peoples so the depth is really open to interpretation.

ehh this was a no judgement hypothetical. as i said his 1-17 isn't too far off most peoples so the depth is really open to interpretation.

What can i say, i'm judgemental 😂

I think with what we have at the club as things stand i'd be picking a 17 of

1 Issako/Niu
2 Farnworth
3 Staggs
4 Lee
5 Oates
6 Gamble
7 Reynolds
8 Haas
9 Turpin
10 Carrigan
11 Capewell
12 Riki
13 Hetherington

14 Paix/Walters
15 Flegler
16 Bullemor
17 Robati/Piakura/Jensen

Hooker and fullback are still major problems. Ours arent even close to being good enough. The market is pretty poor right now and i cant really think of many viable current options. We should probably fill the squad with some budget, 1 year options and save our money for a crack at some real stars like Manu and Smith.

I dunno mate, when I was writing this I kinda wanted to detonate the squad and start again. It's probably how Kev is feeling. Who knows what combination of these 30 players could be best. Hard to know who we can recruit without knowing how much salary cap we have to work with.

* = not signed but I would like it if they were

1. Herbie Farnworth
2. Corey Oates
3. Brenko Lee
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Albert Kelly
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Cory Paix
10. Dunamis Lui*
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jordan Riki
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Thomas Flegler

18. Brendan Piakura
19. Tesi Niu
20. Xavier Willison
21. Keenan Palasia
22. Tyson Gamble
23. Billy Walters
24. Selwyn Cobbo
25. Wiremu Greig*
26. Darryn Schonig*
27. Jordan Grant*
28. Dylan Napa*
29. Linc Port*
30. Michael Purcell*
31. Edene Gebbie*
Napa couldn’t even manage a bench spot?

"going hard" is a subjective phrase that the media can use for sensationalist purposes. for example, going hard for someone like Harry Grant, probably means your offer starts at $1 million and goes up.

going hard for someone like Napa could mean you've offered a 200k take it or leave it contract.

on the possible Napa signing, i'm not against it at the right price. our pack for next year doesn't really have that fear factor, which is what Napa would bring. if we could get those brain snaps out of his game then he could be a value buy for us. I'd have him working with Petero, he seems to have done a decent job with TPJ, maybe he could do the same for Napa.

Napa is only 28 as well, so we could get several good years out of him

I don't think going hard is that subjective. You go hard when you compete with someone, like to get a good job or first place in a race. You don't "go hard" to get a newspaper from a driveway. If the Broncos are competing with someone for Napa's signature, its probably not worth it.

I think with what we have at the club as things stand i'd be picking a 17 of

1 Issako/Niu
2 Farnworth
3 Staggs
4 Lee
5 Oates
6 Gamble
7 Reynolds
8 Haas
9 Turpin
10 Carrigan
11 Capewell
12 Riki
13 Hetherington

14 Paix/Walters
15 Flegler
16 Bullemor
17 Robati/Piakura/Jensen

Hooker and fullback are still major problems. Ours arent even close to being good enough. The market is pretty poor right now and i cant really think of many viable current options. We should probably fill the squad with some budget, 1 year options and save our money for a crack at some real stars like Manu and Smith.
Id also be having some talks with Mo Fotuaika.

I'm surprised you didn't find room for Rhyse Martin!
I didn’t leave Rhyse out, I forgot him! 😆

I’m sure Pauli Pauli could find a spot in my 30 too.

Was in a bit of a rush and the squad could do with a bit of revision.

I kind of didn’t worry too much about who made the best 17 because that would really depend on who impressed me in the pre season.

Have we all decided we don’t want B Smith? Haven’t heard much chat on him in here lately.

Most people have realised he isn't leaving and it's just Melbourne BS again.
Hmm okay. I thought maybe Kev could work his charm and promise him some decent minutes at 9 and a form of leadership role.

Adam Reynolds and Brendan Smith would be HUGE additions to the spine as a combination and sides would take us seriously from round 1.

I have no idea what kind of cap position we are in so wouldn’t know what it’d take to sign Smith. The longer time goes on it seems like the more cap we free up.. So who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • maddo
  • Lurker
  • Bish
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.