Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard he bought a place in crestmead, maybe he was was the origin player QLD JANE was referring to. Apparently was going to be announced at seasons end.
Do we need anymore middles though?

If we get Fotuaika for 2023 I’m more than happy to have James/Napa as a stop gap for 2022.

Yeah, I don't think we do. Not someone like Moe where he'd be here long term. We need a suitable solution like Dunamis Lui where we don't feel obligated to put him ahead of our young guys.

I'm now reading that we are looking at bringing back Josh McGuire. lol

I also haven't forgotten our need for a genuine fullback either. Interesting to see how it plays out at Parra with Gutherson. I'd definitely put him ahead of Manu and surely we'd have the $1M available in 2023...

That's so gross. 1M for Gutho is how Paul White does business.

Let's throw in some Player Options too..

8. Haas
9. ?
10. Napa
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. McGuire
17. Flegler

18. Carrigan
19. Bullemor
20. Piakura

Haha... At least we could have depth next year?

the media have no idea who we're chasing.

one journo has Ryan James as our top priority
another says we're going hard at Dylan Napa
and yet another says we're chasing McGuire

throwing darts at a dartboard hoping something sticks, so they they can focus on that and forget all the darts that missed

I’m fine with one more decent forward over the age of 25 but on a salary under 300k. After that, definitely don’t need more forwards. We need a hooker, and probably a better fullback unless Niu / Cobbo develop into something better, and fast. I’d also argue we need a better winger. Brian To’o is huge in the modern game. A powerful pocket dynamo is needed for strong returns. No coincidence the panthers form drop when he was out.

the media have no idea who we're chasing.

one journo has Ryan James as our top priority
another says we're going hard at Dylan Napa
and yet another says we're chasing McGuire

throwing darts at a dartboard hoping something sticks, so they they can focus on that and forget all the darts that missed
We're obviously looking for an experienced middle at a cheap price. I'm sure we're considering all of those options.. The question is how many experienced middles are we looking to buy? Just one? or a couple of those names?

We're obviously looking for an experienced middle at a cheap price. I'm sure we're considering all of those options.. The question is how many experienced middles are we looking to buy? Just one? or a couple of those names?

they know that much ... since i'm pretty sure we've revealed that.

know they are throwing out the name of the experienced middles we could possibly get for the right price and 🙏

know they are throwing out the name of the experienced middles we could possibly get for the right price and 🙏
But I'm asking how many are we looking at buying? Just one?

This goes straight into the broncos positivity thread!

There are some great young players tied up early on fairly small deals. This the storm system. Sign them all early before they cost too much, hold on to the stand outs and let the rest walk. Rinse and repeat. Eventually you’ll find players that are quality and will be worth holding onto for a long duration and keep cycling through new cheap young talent and overlooked journeymen to pad out the squad. Hopefully we can start doing this in the spine and backs though.

2024:
Haas (500k)
Capewell (600k)
Piakura (400k)
Riki
TC Robati

2023:
Flegler
Hetherington
Willison

2022:
Carrigan
Kennedy
Bullemor
Palasia

So many young players battling it out and all of them locked up before being too expensive. Surely Haas and Capewell are the most expensive names in that list, with Piakura being the most expensive of the younger guys (Haas excluded).

This goes straight into the broncos positivity thread!

There are some great young players tied up early on fairly small deals. This the storm system. Sign them all early before they cost too much, hold on to the stand outs and let the rest walk. Rinse and repeat. Eventually you’ll find players that are quality and will be worth holding onto for a long duration and keep cycling through new cheap young talent and overlooked journeymen to pad out the squad. Hopefully we can start doing this in the spine and backs though.
And once your squad is stacked to the brim with a good balance and variety of talents... Keep it that way! Always have a plan B, C and D.. Bellamy always knows what to do.. He's like an advanced AI coach.. If this, then that.. Has an answer for everything.

2024:
Haas (500k)
Capewell (600k)
Piakura (400k)
Riki
TC Robati

2023:
Flegler
Hetherington
Willison

2022:
Carrigan
Kennedy
Bullemor
Palasia

So many young players battling it out and all of them locked up before being too expensive. Surely Haas and Capewell are the most expensive names in that list, with Piakura being the most expensive of the younger guys (Haas excluded).

We will surely have to decide who we want to keep out of the bunch at some point.

Do we need to decide who to keep between Bullemor and Carrigan? Maybe

All depends on what the plan is with Carrigan if we plays 13 or up front.
A Haas Mo combo would be like a Petero webeke combo.
Its a long term solution and a ready made solution your not waiting on a player to hit their straps like a Flegler

Listen to Dobbo's question at 6:47 and Kevvie's response:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Browny
  • The Don
  • Organix
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Astro
  • simplythebest
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • davidp
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wolfie
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.