Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a transcript of the conversation that took place? Standard police procedure to threaten people with arrest/pepper spray/taser. I would class that as a physical threat.

Is there a transcript of the conversation that took place? Standard police procedure to threaten people with arrest/pepper spray/taser. I would class that as a physical threat.
I love Payne the player, and he seems like a decent bloke off the field for the most part.

But unless he is protecting against violence or threats of violence from a female toward him or someone else, I can’t think of a time when it is acceptable that a 120kg giant (or any male for that matter really) physically threatens a female. Police officer or not.

If anyone disagrees; imagine she was your sister, girlfriend, wife or whatever and then ask yourself how you feel about it.
I find it difficult to comprehend people threatening the cops like that tbh. There are obviously some bad ones same as in any walk of life, but the majority are ok. Let's face it, there are many situations in life where they would be the first people you call.

I could be a little over-sensitive to it as, like I said before, my wife worked in emergency, just trying to help people and I can't even tell you now the amount of times she has been verbally and physically abused. There is just no need for it.
Didn't we tread this water enough in the off-season? Payne's been raked through the coals over this, gone to court, sanctioned by the NRL, done his dues shadowing cops on the beat, put under the protective custody of Petero Civoniceva and apologized profusely. Let's assume he's not doing it again.

As much as I love beating the cows, as a Queenslander to the core, I would be far happier if all 3 Queensland were up at the top end. Having all three clubs suffering is not a good thing as far as our Qld squad is concerned.

Having a better preforming team means they can take more risks on juniors coming through and they join a winning culture. None of them are really getting that in the current environment.

I love Payne the player, and he seems like a decent bloke off the field for the most part.

But unless he is protecting against violence or threats of violence from a female toward him or someone else, I can’t think of a time when it is acceptable that a 120kg giant (or any male for that matter really) physically threatens a female. Police officer or not.

If anyone disagrees; imagine she was your sister, girlfriend, wife or whatever and then ask yourself how you feel about it.
I have an issue with use of gender in such discussions. We should be saying it's not ok for Payne to physically threaten a person, not just a female.

Didn't we tread this water enough in the off-season? Payne's been raked through the coals over this, gone to court, sanctioned by the NRL, done his dues shadowing cops on the beat, put under the protective custody of Petero Civoniceva and apologized profusely. Let's assume he's not doing it again.
EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-max-1mb.gif

My sincere apology.

I simply forgot that unless it’s bleating about how good Pete Badel / journalism as a career is, the rest of the forum must never discuss things that have already been discussed.

No, no we didn't!

I have an issue with use of gender in such discussions. We should be saying it's not ok for Payne to physically threaten a person, not just a female.
Probably right, and I like I said before, maybe it's a bit old fashioned of me, but I do think that you just don't do those sort of things towards a woman.

I find it difficult to comprehend people threatening the cops like that tbh. There are obviously some bad ones same as in any walk of life, but the majority are ok. Let's face it, there are many situations in life where they would be the first people you call.

I could be a little over-sensitive to it as, like I said before, my wife worked in emergency, just trying to help people and I can't even tell you now the amount of times she has been verbally and physically abused. There is just no need for it.
Out of the cops that rocked up atleast 1 of them you would think would of known who Payne Haas was so its highly doubtful they would of been giving him a hard time for him to throw threats about.
The way he acted with the threats towards police is exactly how those 15 years olds that steal cars act.

I liked the 'Farming' segue. That was interesting. This one....wasn't going to drink but now...

No more talk about Haas' previous off-field incidents in this thread. If you want to keep kicking a person for their mistakes even though this has been done to death open another thread about this and leave this thread to discussions around Payne's potential re-signing or the signing/re-signing of any other players.

Mbye released to Dragons immediately. Will Isaako now join Tigers??

Well, it's certainly a possibilty. I couldn't see Isaako's name anywhere in the first 21 players. I thought he was pretty damn good game before last.

No more talk about Haas' previous off-field incidents in this thread. If you want to keep kicking a person for their mistakes even though this has been done to death open another thread about this and leave this thread to discussions around Payne's potential re-signing or the signing/re-signing of any other players.
Totally accept and agree with the suggestion to take this topic of conversation elsewhere, but am just as happy to stop discussing it altogether 👍

But I’m also not sure what value the bolded part adds. In fact, I’m sure it doesn’t add any value.

John Asiata to the Bulldogs.

Shame he never had a chance to play here uninjured as i think he coukd have been a great ballplaying lock
Short stay! I thought he had a few moments but didn't really amaze. I think he must have had a more severe injury than reported.

Mbye has been named at fullback for the Tigpies.

he also can't be released immediately, the deadline was August 1 ... not that the rules mean much to the NRL hierarchy.

I think you'll find it is just an early release from the final year of his contract next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Battler
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Painin the Haas
  • Financeguy
  • Bronx48
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Scorchie
  • Allo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Horseheadsup
  • broncsgoat
  • Fatboy
  • The Don
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.