Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh kennedy has only next year left could totally see bull taking his time
Yeah I’d be pretty surprised if we keep Kennedy beyond next year.

I feel like if Bullimor is getting shopped around early it must be because we want another 100k and a top 30 spot for an experienced prop for next year. A swap for Tapau would be pretty handy.

Fifita is on a hiding to nothing but he won't give a shit on that salary, he can't win them games of football given that he himself is still trying to find his way in the NRL

It's easy to say it now but we probably made the right call, despite all of our efforts to keep him
It was totally obvious to most of us at the time :)

Heart not in it?
Wasn't Gordy supposed to personally train him?
Not going to say we dodged a bullet because I believe he would have put in along side his mate Payne.
1.25M Titan nightmare will bite hard. We made the right call, David and Mal didn’t. Lol.

I don't think Gordie ever had any intention of training him, he was just saying all this shit to him to get him across the line for his good mates the Frizelle's but Fifita is a manchild and wouldn't have been able to understand that. I think the extent of any mentoring from Tallis would be answering the phone if Fifita calls and recycling the cliches that he says all the time of "Defence is an attitude" "Bite down on the mouthguard" blah blah blah.

Heart not in it?
Not going to say we dodged a bullet because I believe he would have put in along side his mate Payne.
1.25M Titan nightmare will bite hard. We made the right call, David and Mal didn’t. Lol.

He only shows up against soft teams when his team mates have gotten a role on for him. That’s why his best games have been off the bench before half time, the hard work has been done.

Never see him doing any of the hard stuff. Wouldn’t trade any of our young players for him at this stage.

I don't think Gordie ever had any intention of training him, he was just saying all this shit to him to get him across the line for his good mates the Frizelle's but Fifita is a manchild and wouldn't have been able to understand that. I think the extent of any mentoring from Tallis would be answering the phone if Fifita calls and recycling the cliches that he says all the time of "Defence is an attitude" "Bite down on the mouthguard" blah blah blah.
Totally agree, I meant it to be that way. In fact almost a carbon copy of what he said to Dave Taylor to get him to Souths back in the day. Similar results playing out.

Totally agree, I meant it to be that way. In fact almost a carbon copy of what he said to Dave Taylor to get him to Souths back in the day. Similar results playing out.
It is utter madness. They Titans saved us really because even if he stayed for the reported 900k we went up to before pulling out that would still be crippling to our cap.

He only shows up against soft teams when his team mates have gotten a role on for him. That’s why his best games have been off the bench before half time, the hard work has been done.

Never see him doing any of the hard stuff. Wouldn’t trade any of our young players for him at this stage.
He is on the fast track to becoming Dave Taylor 2.0

He looks way out of shape to me. That comfortable Gold Coast lifestyle is starting to catch up with him.

Reactions: Gaz
He is on the fast track to becoming Dave Taylor 2.0
That may well be the case, but he'll be doing it very comfortably and him and his ma will thoroughly enjoy the financial stability his over-inflated salary brings for another few years yet. By the time his next contract comes around he will have matured enough to know that he needs to increase his input. Only then might we see development, because up until now I honestly think his development has went bckwards since he moved down there. Which is pretty sad as he was shaping up to be an absolute force in the game.

Heart not in it?

I thought he was gonna put in with his bro big Tino ?
I always thought he was lazy and inconsistent .

Roosters have poached standout Langer Cup props Xavier and De La Salle Va’a, after meeting with Trent Robinson:

Player agent Shaun Pyne:

“It’s a great coup for the Roosters. They are guns on the football field and in the boxing ring. Xavier and De La Salle both qualified for the World Youth Championships in boxing last year, but they are keen to make it in the NRL."

“Xavier has sparred Paul Gallen and would fight him in a heartbeat. He would be happy to fight Payne Haas or Josh Papali. They are enormous boys and very good front-rowers. Brisbane wanted to keep them, but their offer couldn’t compete with the Roosters."

“Brisbane have some good young forwards coming through in Payne Haas, Tom Flegler and Xavier Willison, so the Va’a boys were excited about the opportunity to learn in the Roosters system.”

“The boys were blown away by having dinner with Trent and Daniel Anderson was the one at the Roosters who scouted them. They come from a great family. Their mum is a doctor and both boys want to go to university. Xavier wants to study psychology and De La Salle wants to become a doctor."

“The opportunity to be mentored by Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (veteran Roosters prop) was a huge factor. Xavier and De La Salle also hope to work with Sonny Bill Williams (Roosters legend), not only with their football but their boxing careers."

“Xavier is a very good prop. He has good leg speed and runs hard, he is a no-frills front-rower and he has the ability to offload. He will get a great education at the Roosters.”

McHunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.