Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fifita is on a hiding to nothing but he won't give a shit on that salary, he can't win them games of football given that he himself is still trying to find his way in the NRL

It's easy to say it now but we probably made the right call, despite all of our efforts to keep him
Fifita has scored 14 tries this season. That's more than Herbie Farnworth, Jamayne Isaako and Tesi Niu combined. More than Xavier Coates in his entire NRL career. More than Kotoni Staggs has ever scored in a season. More than Justin Hodges when he won Dally M Centre. And this is a bad year, one that's not even over yet?

Roosters have poached standout Langer Cup props Xavier and De La Salle Va’a, after meeting with Trent Robinson:

Player agent Shaun Pyne:

“It’s a great coup for the Roosters. They are guns on the football field and in the boxing ring. Xavier and De La Salle both qualified for the World Youth Championships in boxing last year, but they are keen to make it in the NRL."

“Xavier has sparred Paul Gallen and would fight him in a heartbeat. He would be happy to fight Payne Haas or Josh Papali. They are enormous boys and very good front-rowers. Brisbane wanted to keep them, but their offer couldn’t compete with the Roosters."

“Brisbane have some good young forwards coming through in Payne Haas, Tom Flegler and Xavier Willison, so the Va’a boys were excited about the opportunity to learn in the Roosters system.”

“The boys were blown away by having dinner with Trent and Daniel Anderson was the one at the Roosters who scouted them. They come from a great family. Their mum is a doctor and both boys want to go to university. Xavier wants to study psychology and De La Salle wants to become a doctor."

“The opportunity to be mentored by Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (veteran Roosters prop) was a huge factor. Xavier and De La Salle also hope to work with Sonny Bill Williams (Roosters legend), not only with their football but their boxing careers."

“Xavier is a very good prop. He has good leg speed and runs hard, he is a no-frills front-rower and he has the ability to offload. He will get a great education at the Roosters.”

McHunt
'Sake. For some reason I thought we already had Xavier Va'a signed up. That shits me as he's been known for a while.

I don't get why people are comparing Bullemor to players like Carrigan or even Kennedy. Bullemor can't play the type of role they do, and they can't play the same role Bullemor does. No point having all workhorses, or all explosive impact players. You have to get that blend right. You can't just have Haas as our hard-working prop who makes the meters. That's where you need somebody like Carrigan for example, and then a point of difference coming off the bench in Bullemor.

He might want to leave for all we know. He might be demanding he is a starter and we wont come into it. Who knows.

Fifita has scored 14 tries this season. That's more than Herbie Farnworth, Jamayne Isaako and Tesi Niu combined. More than Xavier Coates in his entire NRL career. More than Kotoni Staggs has ever scored in a season. More than Justin Hodges when he won Dally M Centre. And this is a bad year, one that's not even over yet?
Hes probably being paid more than the three of them combined too.

I love the impact bully brings at the end of halves, but hes probably not in our best side next year, but if hes not on much I don't see the point in releasing him.

I don't get why people are comparing Bullemor to players like Carrigan or even Kennedy. Bullemor can't play the type of role they do, and they can't play the same role Bullemor does. No point having all workhorses, or all explosive impact players. You have to get that blend right. You can't just have Haas as our hard-working prop who makes the meters. That's where you need somebody like Carrigan for example, and then a point of difference coming off the bench in Bullemor.

He might want to leave for all we know. He might be demanding he is a starter and we wont come into it. Who knows.
He has a Bachelor of Advanced Finance and Economics from UQ. Not sure if, or how, he wants to use it, but Sydney would be the natural progression if he has any ambition to ply the markets. And the North Shore or Eastern Surburbs would be the place to live. So Manly or the Roosters would make sense to him, right now. It's all about contacts.

Apparently Mahoney has done a pretty good number on his shoulder, where they have to do the hole bone graft thingy instead of just a labrum fix, Very scientific 😉 My best mate had it done, it was his last choice. After other surgeries.

you have to look wonder if it was worth bringing him back this season, instead of getting surgery as this particular injury only happens after the shoulder is already vulnerable. From what I’m told at least. (I’ve had two myself) I always cringe when I see players come back early from labrum injuries.
Spot on.
I'm 6 months into a labrum injury and still pretty cooked, it's not fun at all.

The worst part is the uncertainty of doing it again with the most innocuous of movements, but I'm sure with the quality of staff and facilitates he'll be right over the off season.

Jesse Arthars extends

Attachments

• C3A898B8-13DF-4899-B256-ADCC7780FFC1.png
    C3A898B8-13DF-4899-B256-ADCC7780FFC1.png
    514.5 KB · Views: 72
Roosters have poached standout Langer Cup props Xavier and De La Salle Va’a, after meeting with Trent Robinson:

Player agent Shaun Pyne:

“It’s a great coup for the Roosters. They are guns on the football field and in the boxing ring. Xavier and De La Salle both qualified for the World Youth Championships in boxing last year, but they are keen to make it in the NRL."

“Xavier has sparred Paul Gallen and would fight him in a heartbeat. He would be happy to fight Payne Haas or Josh Papali. They are enormous boys and very good front-rowers. Brisbane wanted to keep them, but their offer couldn’t compete with the Roosters."

“Brisbane have some good young forwards coming through in Payne Haas, Tom Flegler and Xavier Willison, so the Va’a boys were excited about the opportunity to learn in the Roosters system.”

“The boys were blown away by having dinner with Trent and Daniel Anderson was the one at the Roosters who scouted them. They come from a great family. Their mum is a doctor and both boys want to go to university. Xavier wants to study psychology and De La Salle wants to become a doctor."

“The opportunity to be mentored by Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (veteran Roosters prop) was a huge factor. Xavier and De La Salle also hope to work with Sonny Bill Williams (Roosters legend), not only with their football but their boxing careers."

“Xavier is a very good prop. He has good leg speed and runs hard, he is a no-frills front-rower and he has the ability to offload. He will get a great education at the Roosters.”

McHunt
People in the know…
Did this kid have a big potential / going to sting watching him play for someone else or was he another hyped up Webke / Lazarus / Petro all in one?

It is utter madness. They Titans saved us really because even if he stayed for the reported 900k we went up to before pulling out that would still be crippling to our cap.
The Titans didn't save us. We fucked the Titans.

We'd already fucked ourselves, and our eagerness to dig ourselves even deeper pushed the Titans into a ridiculous bidding war. Which has fucked them. But the amount the paid for Fifita is still better than what we're pissing down the toilet to get out of contracts we had with Lodge, TPJ, Macca and Croft. And the ongoing contracts with Oates, Milford and Flegler (?).

He is on the fast track to becoming Dave Taylor 2.0

When I watch him play now, I think about watching him play MM- red flags were there.

Ethan, Broncos and Norths Under 18 player. Was a standout all MM season. Strong and smart.

Two points down on Saturday Fifta takes a one out end the game hit up. Bullemor steals it and nearly gets Norths a win. Too smart and strong for Fifita.

That play alone says plenty about him; to do that after a game of slogging away in the middle.

State U18 Final v Penrith. That Souths lost after being down 22-0.

Straight past Fifita with ease. He didn't try too hard.

14-0

Sorry but that is terrible football from Souths- why did Fifta pass that?

Selfish football.

People in the know…
Did this kid have a big potential / going to sting watching him play for someone else or was he another hyped up Webke / Lazarus / Petro all in one?

There is potential there because they're physically immaculate but I still think they're better boxers than footballers.

I know nothing about boxing but I think that their size has got them this far.

Having said that playing A grade at 17 is impressive and he played well.
Va’a back from wrist injury, he missed a lot of ALF this season but came back for Valleys U18 then backed up for A grade debut at 17.

i think he will be a better boxer than footballer.

They'd certainly have the Roosters' S and C staff salivating at getting two specimens like that.

That may well be the case, but he'll be doing it very comfortably and him and his ma will thoroughly enjoy the financial stability his over-inflated salary brings for another few years yet. By the time his next contract comes around he will have matured enough to know that he needs to increase his input. Only then might we see development, because up until now I honestly think his development has went bckwards since he moved down there. Which is pretty sad as he was shaping up to be an absolute force in the game.
Isn't his deal only 3yrs??

I mean it's good coin, but it's also his first big contract (so he doesn't have the bank built up yet) and I think it was reported the first year is $1.25m or whatever then it drops to $1m.

If his form drops his next contract becomes a fraction of that and then all of a sudden he's halfway through his career without earning as much as he could've, had he been consistent and performing over 10-15yr.

I think he will keep getting picked up by teams through the potential tag, but Bryce Cartwright went from an $800k second rower to minimum wage pretty quickly and is now starting to get on a bit.

Fox article outlining some classic Moses fuckery that has now attached its parasitic claws into the Knights.

Obrien, Seibold, recruitment staff are all Moses clients and they are getting the broncos treatment. NRL parasites moving from host to host and sucking them dry.

Player agent Shaun Pyne:

McHunt
Not really fussed about these kids anymore.

The Broncos conveyor belt moves on and the next Va'a brothers come through to head off to roosters, fail and get done for drugs. Rinse and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.