Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this news? He's been on the 2022 roster since I started the thread.
And yet I go to other websites(zerotackle for example still has him listed as off contract) and haven't seen it mentioned at all till now. Personally I like to wait till it's actually signed sealed and delivered before locking it in, right Inglis?

And yet I go to other websites(zerotackle for example still has him listed as off contract) and haven't seen it mentioned at all till now. Personally I like to wait till it's actually signed sealed and delivered before locking it in, right Inglis?
BHQ is a brand you can trust.

Fifita has scored 14 tries this season. That's more than Herbie Farnworth, Jamayne Isaako and Tesi Niu combined. More than Xavier Coates in his entire NRL career. More than Kotoni Staggs has ever scored in a season. More than Justin Hodges when he won Dally M Centre. And this is a bad year, one that's not even over yet?
He started off the season well but has fallen into a massive hole since. No matter what way you spin it, he is not worth the money he's on.

Not really fussed about these kids anymore.

The Broncos conveyor belt moves on and the next Va'a brothers come through to head off to roosters, fail and get done for drugs. Rinse and repeat.
There’s no shortage of giant islander kids coming through every year.

Roosters have poached standout Langer Cup props Xavier and De La Salle Va’a, after meeting with Trent Robinson:

Player agent Shaun Pyne:

“It’s a great coup for the Roosters. They are guns on the football field and in the boxing ring. Xavier and De La Salle both qualified for the World Youth Championships in boxing last year, but they are keen to make it in the NRL."

“Xavier has sparred Paul Gallen and would fight him in a heartbeat. He would be happy to fight Payne Haas or Josh Papali. They are enormous boys and very good front-rowers. Brisbane wanted to keep them, but their offer couldn’t compete with the Roosters."

“Brisbane have some good young forwards coming through in Payne Haas, Tom Flegler and Xavier Willison, so the Va’a boys were excited about the opportunity to learn in the Roosters system.”

“The boys were blown away by having dinner with Trent and Daniel Anderson was the one at the Roosters who scouted them. They come from a great family. Their mum is a doctor and both boys want to go to university. Xavier wants to study psychology and De La Salle wants to become a doctor."

“The opportunity to be mentored by Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (veteran Roosters prop) was a huge factor. Xavier and De La Salle also hope to work with Sonny Bill Williams (Roosters legend), not only with their football but their boxing careers."

“Xavier is a very good prop. He has good leg speed and runs hard, he is a no-frills front-rower and he has the ability to offload. He will get a great education at the Roosters.”

McHunt
And Alex Leapai Jnr.

Roosters can, and do, sign anyone they want and, even more annoyingly, it’s clear they are free to do so.

There is potential there because they're physically immaculate but I still think they're better boxers than footballers.

I know nothing about boxing but I think that their size has got them this far.

Having said that playing A grade at 17 is impressive and he played well.

They'd certainly have the Roosters' S and C staff salivating at getting two specimens like that.
Appreciate the response

Why don’t you ask the Broncos why it took them so long to confirm it?
BHQ beats the Broncos to the punch every time. If you want up to date roster, judiciary and injury news, check our threads first.

You guys may wanna be careful what you disagree with me on. Maybe think it through a bit longer.

So we could be losing Bullemor and we just announced we re-signed Arthars for two years.. Horrible salary cap management.

I'd rather keep Bullemor and play next year with a 29 man squad.

Here is an interesting question because I am trying to be pragmatic about it all, which one would you lose instead of Bullemor:

1. Haas
2. Flegler
3. Carrigan
4. Robati
5. Riki
6. Piakura
7. Willison
8. Hetherington

It is a shame because we always had to lose one I suppose (remember, we need experience and there are more kids coming through, even with the Vaas being poached). I think Bullemor looks as talented as anyone but one or two won't make it in our squad of kids because of how deep they bat. Who of the above would you lose instead of Ethan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.