Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly's play to swoop in and collect that kick on from Niu actually had me hollering at the TV. It was like a hungry seagull stealing a chip from a five year old.

It was this try that did the mental damage to the Warriors too. That one really hurt them. Get a real tough off-season into Kelly and he'll challenge the Gambler all season. Can't be bad for us.
I absolutely love Kelly and it is great to see him do well. He competes on everything and just has those footy instincts that cannot be coached. I saw it live and three times already on replay and I still cannot understand how he grabbed that ball.

I absolutely love Kelly and it is great to see him do well. He competes on everything and just has those footy instincts that cannot be coached. I saw it live and three times already on replay and I still cannot understand how he grabbed that ball.
And he wants to be here. That's my favourite thing about the players we have at the moment

If Milf plays every game like he did last night there might not be a better partner for Reynolds in the comp. that ship has rightfully sailed though.

Reynolds is a great halfback but to fully make use of his skills you need a 5/8 who is a running threat and can ice the correct passes to finish off a play. Taylor isn’t that, and as much as I like Gamble I don’t think he’s ideal either. Hopefully Ezra Mam explodes next season and forces a first grade debut because he would compliment Reynolds well. Kelly probably is the most suitable partner for Adam currently at the club. Good instincts and nice passing ability

I feel sorry for Adam coming into this spine - it would have been nice to have Levi stick around so Adam can get good service for at least 20 minutes a game.

The hooker and fullback dilemma was as apparent as ever yesterday.
Give Kelly a proper Pre season and he'll be so much better.
If we could sort a Hooker out that could go 80 and be effective Kelly would be a good option at 14.. play him in a similar role to Peachey just let him float around the ball nearly play him like a second Fullback in attack get him running those sweep plays and supporting looking for offloads, the very little I've seen of Mam he looks similar just instinctive players that know where to be or as Kevvie said backyard footy players

My recollection on Kelly was that he mostly played halfback for the Titans but was definitely more of a 6. Running over passing was his strength. I remember the intercepts and the speed/evasiveness. But I thought he was mostly highlights and not a huge amount of substance. Whether it was because I didn't pay enough attention, or whether he has matured as a player, but I never really noticed the ultra-competitive aspect which has been great. Nor the huge efforts and putting his body on the line in defence (his added... size is helping in this aspect). He made a few mistakes on the weekend but overall I thought they were at least positive mistakes, made while trying to create, as opposed to just cold drops or lazy efforts. His try was well deserved.

Did you see where Kelly came from to be part of that play? He knew something was on and ran a long way to be involved. He had a bit of a shocker yesterday but he's just a footballer who knows where to be.
When he first came into the squad from ISC he was always pushing around the ruck looking for the offload as well.

I think he's got a bit of ring rust after the injury and then lack of ISC to get back up to speed.

He also played halfback yesterday which reduces his ability to be in support, etc. as he's having to provide direction and plan for the kick. In his previous stint Gamble was assisting a fair bit in the direction of play and kicking allowing Albert to chime in when he wanted to or support the forwards for an offload.

Milf was doing a fair bit of kicking yesterday, which I think was just circumstance more than anything... 5th tackle at the 50m is always a good time to throw up one of those torp bombs. Albert being the 7 allowed Milf to chime in when he wanted to.

Next year with Reynolds at 7 Albert would be the natural 6 and I think it would work well

My recollection on Kelly was that he mostly played halfback for the Titans but was definitely more of a 6. Running over passing was his strength. I remember the intercepts and the speed/evasiveness. But I thought he was mostly highlights and not a huge amount of substance. Whether it was because I didn't pay enough attention, or whether he has matured as a player, but I never really noticed the ultra-competitive aspect which has been great. Nor the huge efforts and putting his body on the line in defence (his added... size is helping in this aspect). He made a few mistakes on the weekend but overall I thought they were at least positive mistakes, made while trying to create, as opposed to just cold drops or lazy efforts. His try was well deserved.
I'm pretty sure he was predominantly a 7 over in ESL. Can recall games where he was the game manager and primary attacker, basically just give it to him at first receiver and he will dictate from there.

I think the experience he has gained from those years has made him a decent halfback

I'm pretty sure he was predominantly a 7 over in ESL. Can recall games where he was the game manager and primary attacker, basically just give it to him at first receiver and he will dictate from there.

I think the experience he has gained from those years has made him a decent halfback

I've never watched a single ESL game so I'll take your word for it. Whatever he did over there, regardless of it being an inferior competition, has definitely helped him to become a more complete player.

With Reynolds locking up the 7, I'd be very happy to see Gamble in the 6 with Kelly as injury cover, but if Kelly deserves the 6 over Gamble, I want/hope for Gamble to find a spot elsewhere in the 17.
I just think the Broncos are a better team with him in it.
He's a competitor, a winner, with infectious energy.
He's a rugby league player, not an athlete, if you follow my meaning.

I think Kelly's problems back at the Titans were mostly immaturity on and off the field. I dont know what he is like off the field but he has clearly matured on the field as a playmaker. I am glad we are keeping him

It's a good problem to have - both Gamble and Kelly are competitors and are putting in 100%. Kelly is far more talented but getting older and is more error prone. Gamble has a lower ceiling but is more consistent and has a better effect on his team-mates. Neither are perfect, but if both are pushing for the #6 by doing the right thing (as opposed to us having to pick the best of two less desirable halves), we're in a good place.

Heard gould is looking at the roster at the bulldogs to address cap issues.

Although I am not particularly a fan of his, it could be an opportunity to look at corey allan on a largely subsidised cost (I would not pay over 250k for him), if we were looking for an interim fullback option until cobbo or nui are ready.

F49BADC1 455A 427C AC14 7DF142077361
It’s beginning

Although I am not particularly a fan of his, it could be an opportunity to look at corey allan on a largely subsidised cost (I would not pay over 250k for him), if we were looking for an interim fullback option until cobbo or nui are ready.
Na Allan has gone on a landslide to nowhere, Niu is the better of the two.

Nope, Allan is rubbish and always has been. Much like Michael Morgan a purple patch of form has fooled a lot of people.

Listening to Denan Kemps podcast should we make enquirys about Jayden Campbell i know he's signed on at the titans for a year or 2 but believe its only a development contract and he's stuck behind Brimson if possible offer him 300k even if we don't land him it could make the titans upgrade his contract giving them less money to keep Mo and chase B.Smith

Listening to Denan Kemps podcast should we make enquirys about Jayden Campbell i know he's signed on at the titans for a year or 2 but believe its only a development contract and he's stuck behind Brimson if possible offer him 300k even if we don't land him it could make the titans upgrade his contract giving them less money to keep Mo and chase B.Smith
Pretty sure Titian’s upgraded/extended him last week

Earliest we could sign him for would be 2024. Hopefully we've produce our own star fullback by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Ondi
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Jedhead
  • theshed
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.