Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's pretty useless as a centre. He can't pass and can't find the line. All he does is barge it up like a forward, ignoring everyone else.

2021 Tries and Appearances

Farnworth 2 from 17
Staggs 4 from 3
Arthars 5 from 11
Niu 5 from 13
Isaako 6 from 18
Mead 5 from 11

He’s our weakest outside back.
That’s if tries are the only performance indicator of an outside back.

He's pretty useless as a centre. He can't pass and can't find the line. All he does is barge it up like a forward, ignoring everyone else.

Farnworth 2 from 17
Staggs 4 from 3
Arthars 5 from 11
Niu 5 from 13
Isaako 6 from 18
Mead 5 from 11

Using tries to decide who our best back is? I noticed you conveniently left Coates off the list with 10 tries and he's pretty fucking useless.

That’s if tries are the only performance indicator of an outside back.
Scoring lots of tries is an awesome way to win games. Or putting someone through a gap to score. Oh wait, he'd have to pass.

Using tries to decide who our best back is? I noticed you conveniently left Coates off the list with 10 tries and he's pretty fucking useless.
I didn't comment on our best back. Only our worst back, and that's Farnworth. I know he's everyone's darling, but he's letting the backline down.

Try assists
Isaako 7
Niu 5
Farnworth 4
Arthurs 2
Coates 2

Run metres average per game
Oates 154 m
Farnworth 128 m
Niu 125 m
Mead 117m
Isaako 112 m

Linebreaks
Coates 10
Isaako 10
Farnworth 8
Niu 5
Mead 4
Oates 4

Tackle breaks
Isaako 66
Farnworth 50
Niu 46
Oates 26
Coates 23

Farnworth hardly our worst back

Farnworth 2 from 17
Staggs 4 from 3
Arthars 5 from 11
Niu 5 from 13
Isaako 6 from 18
Mead 5 from 11

I didn't comment on our best back. Only our worst back, and that's Farnworth. I know he's everyone's darling, but he's letting the backline down.

Try assists
Isaako 7
Niu 5
Farnworth 4
Arthurs 2
Coates 2

Oates 154 m
Farnworth 128 m
Niu 125 m
Mead 117m
Isaako 112 m

Linebreaks
Coates 10
Isaako 10
Farnworth 8
Niu 5
Mead 4
Oates 4

Tackle breaks
Isaako 66
Farnworth 50
Niu 46
Oates 26
Coates 23

2 tries the entire season. Latrell has scored 11. He’s not a centre. He’s only good for hit ups.

Cobbo is our future fullback in my eyes.
Looks like a natural footballer, moves well and reads the game nicely.
Much better option than trying to manufacture a fullback.
I think we make a play for Staines while he seems out if favour at Penrith. He is not a winger but an excellent fullback. hammer too could work. I would happily offload isaako, and Oates.

I would also roll the dice with Taylor at 250-300k next to Reynolds. Gamble, Kelly, Walters as back up with Gamble and Walters as extra utility value at 13 and 9.

Brandon Smith would be the best signing but won't happen next year.

Try assists
Isaako 7
Niu 5
Farnworth 4
Arthurs 2
Coates 2

Oates 154 m
Farnworth 128 m
Niu 125 m
Mead 117m
Isaako 112 m

Linebreaks
Coates 10
Isaako 10
Farnworth 8
Niu 5
Mead 4
Oates 4

Tackle breaks
Isaako 66
Farnworth 50
Niu 46
Oates 26
Coates 23

It isn't McBadel's fault, he doesn't understand what he writes.

I think we make a play for Staines while he seems out if favour at Penrith. He is not a winger but an excellent fullback. hammer too could work. I would happily offload isaako, and Oates.

I would also roll the dice with Taylor at 250-300k next to Reynolds. Gamble, Kelly, Walters as back up with Gamble and Walters as extra utility value at 13 and 9.

Brandon Smith would be the best signing but won't happen next year.
I think that's a good buy in regards to Taylor, but I would put Milford in that price bracket too. Who would you prefer? We already have Gamble who isn't as naturally talent but brings something those two will never have. Given the salary cap pressure and our dire need of an established 1 and 9, play Gamble and Reynolds.

If we are offloading players, Isaako to tigers. Herbie to wing. Our backline is terrible. The only bankable player is Staggs. Oates is an over payed meter eater. I can't see Isaako being a Bronco in 2022.

Pretty sure taylors hip is bone on bone or close to it right?

Farnworth 2 from 17
Staggs 4 from 3
Arthars 5 from 11
Niu 5 from 13
Isaako 6 from 18
Mead 5 from 11

That just shows what side the attack goes..
Herbie and Oates side has had Glenn and Croft most recently which haven't created much for the outside men.
TC and Riki have both created tries on their side for the centre and winger plus they've had Gamble.

That just shows what side the attack goes..
Herbie and Oates side has had Glenn and Croft most recently which haven't created much for the outside men.
TC and Riki have both created tries on their side for the centre and winger plus they've had Gamble.
The right has also had TPJ gifting them ball for most the season, and it’s the preferred side for both Isaako and Niu to go to in attack from fullback.

Not sure why people get hung up on trying to bring Taylor back.
IMO he is a backwards option. He walked out on the club, his attitude is the exact opposite of what DD & Ikin are trying to instill into the joint and I don't think he is a better option at all, then those already signed at the club. I think SL is calling.
I'd be consulting Reynolds as to who he thinks will best partner him.
Personally I'd go 6.Gamble 7.Reynolds and if that doesn't work we have Kelly there to trial.

IMO he is a backwards option. He walked out on the club, his attitude is the exact opposite of what DD & Ikin are trying to instill into the joint and I don't think he is a better option at all, then those already signed at the club. I think SL is calling.
Personally I'd go 6.Gamble 7.Reynolds and if that doesn't work we have Kelly there to trial.
Kelly's play to swoop in and collect that kick on from Niu actually had me hollering at the TV. It was like a hungry seagull stealing a chip from a five year old.

It was this try that did the mental damage to the Warriors too. That one really hurt them. Get a real tough off-season into Kelly and he'll challenge the Gambler all season. Can't be bad for us.

If Milf plays every game like he did last night there might not be a better partner for Reynolds in the comp. that ship has rightfully sailed though.

Reynolds is a great halfback but to fully make use of his skills you need a 5/8 who is a running threat and can ice the correct passes to finish off a play. Taylor isn’t that, and as much as I like Gamble I don’t think he’s ideal either. Hopefully Ezra Mam explodes next season and forces a first grade debut because he would compliment Reynolds well. Kelly probably is the most suitable partner for Adam currently at the club. Good instincts and nice passing ability

I feel sorry for Adam coming into this spine - it would have been nice to have Levi stick around so Adam can get good service for at least 20 minutes a game.

The hooker and fullback dilemma was as apparent as ever yesterday.

Kelly's play to swoop in and collect that kick on from Niu actually had me hollering at the TV. It was like a hungry seagull stealing a chip from a five year old.

It was this try that did the mental damage to the Warriors too. That one really hurt them. Get a real tough off-season into Kelly and he'll challenge the Gambler all season. Can't be bad for us.
Did you see where Kelly came from to be part of that play? He knew something was on and ran a long way to be involved. He had a bit of a shocker yesterday but he's just a footballer who knows where to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.