Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing rewarding about this signing is that he has stated that he wants to remain loyal... would much rather be throwing money and investing in players that want to stay here and be here long time instead of the fifitas who chase the money
Thing is he supposedly knocked back more money at the Bulldogs to remain with the reigning wooden spooners. Not a good look Mr Barrett.

Asiata would be a good signing if used right. He could really work at Lock as large ball player, but he needs to be at the right price. Pat is a FR going off last year, If he could put on a bit more muscle he could be a very well rounded prop. But he lacks a passing game to be a high level lock in the current game.

The way I see it, we do have a team that can be improved on, with good coaching and game plans. But the massive hole is a capable fullback, its the one area I can not see being fixed within our current roster. I had hope for Bird but that is not to be. otherwise the rest of the spine is capable when healthy and there is plenty of talent that Kev can pull out of players there. Our forward pack also can do better without much investment. We have a winger/fullback/centre problem that needs fixing. Three spots as I see it, Coats can stay, Staggs when he returns keeps his spot. That leaves Oats, Isaako and whoever else left to fight it out or bring somebody in.

I'm just glad I don't have kids yet. I grew up with the Broncos being a power house with Lockyer, Tallis, webcke, Petro etc. Some of those teams from the 90s -2010 had more stars than we have had in the team in a decade. Tell me that the 2009 Broncos team wouldn't beat the best Broncos team of 2010-2020.
I live in Melbourne and my 5 year old is a storm supporter. You are lucky.

I can not rap my head around our situation. How can you have people on big money leave and not have a cent to get anyone to replace them. Our club has fallen so far. We literately have nothing to get excited about or discuss, except losing players. Kev said we would be on the market making big moves. What moves? one name is being rumored.. Asiata, ok but what exactly does he bring to this side, and how much would you be paying because he is a 400k player max.

The glaring issue is our total lack of a quality Fullback. This is the main issue the club should be going above and beyond to fix. How they have not gone out hard for one is beyond me.
The haven’t gone after a fullback cause they must believe the solution is within the junior ranks already... whether that’s Walsh, Niu, Staggs, Cobbo who knows but at this stage they may be better off developing one of them instead of spending overs on a shit fullback for the next 3 seasons

With that news, I'd be more inclined to release Lodge.

I think Lodge is a better player currently, but you'd like to assume that Flegler will be the better player in a couple of years time. We can't afford to be paying 3 props that sort of money.
Agree. Someone has to go. I guess Offa looks like going but Haas, Lodge, TPJ, Flegler is too many on that kind of money

The way I see it, we do have a team that can be improved on, with good coaching and game plans. But the massive hole is a capable fullback, its the one area I can not see being fixed within our current roster. I had hope for Bird but that is not to be. otherwise the rest of the spine is capable when healthy and there is plenty of talent that Kev can pull out of players there. Our forward pack also can do better without much investment. We have a winger/fullback/centre problem that needs fixing. Three spots as I see it, Coats can stay, Staggs when he returns keeps his spot. That leaves Oats, Isaako and whoever else left to fight it out or bring somebody in.

our Fullback options for 2021 IMO should be a battle between Isaako and Nui ... but we'll need to use them more like a fullback of yesteryear... i.e. a ball running fullback that uses speed and footwork rather than play making ability; a fullback that is constantly sniffing around the ruck ready for an sudden offload; the problem with that is it puts more pressure on the halves and a ball playing lock like Asiata to provide the sides play making.

The haven’t gone after a fullback cause they must believe the solution is within the junior ranks already... whether that’s Walsh, Niu, Staggs, Cobbo who knows but at this stage they may be better off developing one of them instead of spending overs on a shit fullback for the next 3 seasons

it could also be that they don't feel a decent fullback (or at least one that meets our needs) is available for 2021

Drinkwater is off contract at the end of next year.

Badel, it's an article in the CM.

$650,000 a year for a bench prop... wow..

Great start Kev...
Some rand who says he is a friend of Oates, told me that the decision on Milford being captain next year has already been made. If true than I am fast losing confidence in our future under Walters.

Some rand who says he is a friend of Oates, told me that the decision on Milford being captain next year has already been made. If true than I am fast losing confidence in our future under Walters.
I can see the idea behind it. It Will either work spectacularly or fail miserably. Maybe Siebold stifled him and this is an attempt to make him responsible and the playmaker he wants to be. That's the optimistic view.

I can see the idea behind it. It Will either work spectacularly or fail miserably. Maybe Siebold stifled him and this is an attempt to make him responsible and the playmaker he wants to be. That's the optimistic view.
Whats the idea behind it? He is the quietest guy on the team, go's missing more often than not.
Refused Lockey's help and its been at least 4 years since he was last in form.
Some of his stats from this season alone would be enough for him to never lace on a boot again.
I see absolutely no reason he would be made captain under any circumstances outside the fact he is no longer a rookie on a team of rookies.

I have a bad bad bad feeling about this coming season, and my gut is telling me Walters is going to crash and burn.
Hope im wrong on all accounts.

Hopefully we do have one ready to go, and we have all the internal talent just waiting. The issue I have with that is the usual, INSERT BRONCOS PLAYER plays a good game and has X amount of clubs circling jacking up his price. I am sick of it.

Jesus i hope thats some bad info.
I dont think Milf should be in first grade, let alone captain.
I hope so too mate. I would rather just stick with Carrigan in the interim.

Whats the idea behind it? He is the quietest guy on the team, go's missing more often than not.
Refused Lockey's help and its been at least 4 years since he was last in form.
Some of his stats from this season alone would be enough for him to never lace on a boot again.
I see absolutely no reason he would be made captain under any circumstances outside the fact he is no longer a rookie on a team of rookies.

I have a bad bad bad feeling about this coming season, and my gut is telling me Walters is going to crash and burn.
Hope im wrong on all accounts.
I guess the idea in making him the captain is that it forces him to be responsible and take control. By being captain he can't coast along and may bring out the best in him. That is what I am suggesting is the idea. I am not saying it will necessarily work. If it does well then it will prove to be a masterstroke. It could easily backfire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.