Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who have they been disloyal to? Loyalty is mostly the reason we are in this fucking mess.

I’d say it is more due to bad contracts, incompetence and lack of accountability at all levels that has got us into this mess.

I’d say it is more due to bad contracts, incompetence and lack of accountability at all levels that has got us into this mess.
Spot on👍...i know a lot less than most of you probably but one thing id be confident in saying is we have the worst spine in the game and that dont look like changing anytime soon....i cant recall anyone winning a title with such...

do i really have to fucking go through your list ... ok fine, have it your way:

Wayne - got hired to do a job, didn't fulfil his objectives, got told his contract wouldn't be renewed. absolutely nothing wrong that and the same thing every single rugby league club (and business) in the world for that matter, would act.

Dimitriou - again nothing wrong with how the club acted here. new head coaches, choose their assistants. doesn't matter whether, you're the Storm, Roosters or Broncos. unless you're talking about him missing the head coaching job, in which case being an assistant should NOT guarantee you the head coaching role.

Yow Yeh - sad, but due to COVID couldn't be helped. before COVID, we gave him a job for nearly a decade, to look after him after his career ending injury.

Kahu/Macca - weren't guaranteed first grade spots, but weren't forced out either. They choose to leave for greater opportunity . we even treated them so poorly, that we allowed them to come back on their old contracts, if they couldn't find a new club ... HOW DARE US TREAT THEM THAN BAD.

McGuire - asked for a release to secure his future. we granted it

Glenn - we re-signed him and made him captain, how the **** have we treated him poorly

Roberts/Su’a - thought they were entitled to be in first grade regardless off form, requested releases as soon as they were dropped for poor form

the old boys - the old boys spent the last 2 years doing everything in their power to undermine the club. i don't have a great deal of sympathy for them

Kev - being an old boys also should not guarantee you a job. besides we probably did him a favour not getting him to follow Bennett

Offa - gave him a contract he didn't deserve, allowed him to find a new club, while paying a portion of his contract. (probably better for Ofa than if he sat in reserve grade for the next 2 years)
Well said sir.

ps I love it how the club treated Kahu poorly by standing with him during his injuries (was it three knee reconstructions?) and by agreeing to take Kahu and Macca back if their new clubs didn’t want them after one season.

pps (not for you but for some others on here) you can’t push a player out if they have a contract. If players leave during their contracts it’s because they think there is a better option somewhere else.

Ppps- Fafita is different because of Bali; but I don’t begrudge the bloke taking the dough. He’s got a limited shelf life as a player. That said, given the recent Michael Gordon arrest and the Titans near insolvency on more than one occasion. I’m not sure you can credibly say that the joint is well run.

pps (not for you but for some others on here) you can’t push a player out if they have a contract.

It seems not to be a problem for the Roosters, Rabbits and even Titans these days.

Yep they basically just got an upgrade on Aloiai for free, brilliant move by the Tigers. They also got a gun but risky centre for peanuts.

Meanwhile we get Copley and Macca back likely on inflated contracts.

The Broncs are clearing cap space for big offers to key spine players.

Rikki loo
TPJ looks shredded and Riki also looks like a beast.

I just get a good feeling for 2021 seeing guys like Walters and Cartwright leading. We have went from no-names who were all talk to a coaching team full of experience and prestige. I think we'll look like a drastically different team next year.
Rikki looks a Fifita cross tino body shape, big and lanky with some serious muscle 💪 hope that translates into his abilities aswell.

Gotta say it was good to come on here after a few days and go through page after page of player movement and signing rumours citing legitimate sources rather than trivial back-and-forth opinions on whether Fifita or the Broncos are more loyal / morally corrupt 👎

Last edited:
Something about needing to unite everyone?
Explaining why Offa had to go. What he’s looking for in a Captain. What his plan is for pre-season ie not burn them out. Etc etc. Click the blue link.

Last edited:
Gotta say it was good to come on here after a few days and go through page after page of player movement and signing rumours citing legitimate sources rather than trivial back-and-forth opinions on whether Fifita or the Broncos are more loyal / morally corrupt 👎
QFT, oh by the way, we have signed Copley.

but that's the point we're making ...

let's not pretend he left for any reason other than money ... if the offers were similar, then he likely stays ... but it took making him the highest paid forward in the history of rugby league to pry him away from the club.

I, for one, don't really blame him from taking the offer. who knows how anyone would handle something like that. but he didn't leave because the Titans were a less "toxic" club or because his mate was there (he has a very good mate still playing for us BTW). he left because the Titans offered 500k a year more than us. quite simple really
The length of time Fifita took to accept the Titans offer was a huge 'tell' imo.. I can't remember too many players wrestling with a decision like he did when one offer is half a million dollars a year higher than the other.

The length of time Fifita took to accept the Titans offer was a huge 'tell' imo.. I can't remember too many players wrestling with a decision like he did when one offer is half a million dollars a year higher than the other.

It did probably also help the longer he waited the more the Titans would outbid themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • tajhay
  • Big Del
  • BruiserMk1
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • davidp
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.