Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
that was one of the funny things in the Fifita saga ...

watching the Titans effectively bid against themselves. not something a well run club like the Storm or Roosters would do
This was concerning for me, the Titans just start to look good and then they go and do that. With Mal and Tallis as friends who needs enemies huh?

Last edited:
as i've said a million times ... i have no issue with the kid taking the money ... my issue is people pretending he left for reason OTHER than money, he didn't
Maybe he wanted to play for a team that at least competes? I’m in Dave’s corner, I wouldn’t want to play for us.

did Kevie just obtain a list of out's from GC the last few years?
Well the Titans are the No. 1 QLD club now............they are the new benchmark. If you can't beat em.....then 'steal' their 'players'..................well.......... signup their rejects..........almost the same thing! 🤪

Last edited:
Maybe he wanted to play for a team that at least competes? I’m in Dave’s corner, I wouldn’t want to play for us.

Same as Allan, Gagai, Sua, Capewell, Grant - WTF would they leave their top 4 teams to jump onto our sinking ship. wishful thinking or delusions, either one. Has beens and Titans rejects are the more realistic options joining our rabble.

It used to be the other way around. The Titans used to get all of our rejects, as recently as Jarrod Wallace. Amazing how much can change in a couple of years.

I'm pretty worried that we don't have much cap space and what we are using it on are players like Mead and Copley. Not exactly the best or most exciting signings..
A fair chunk will be used I daresay to re-sign Kotoni for an extra 3 years. Souths are making a big play for him but he will extend his contract with us soon, you can take that as fact. Kev knows we need to lock him up. I expect Dearden won't be too far behind in terms of contract extensions.

Dale and Mead will be on peanuts so nothing wasted there really.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure that no one is asking or wanting you to play for us.

on your point about Dave ... he got several million dollar offers, if he was desperate to get away from us after one poor year, then he had several chances.

one of them from Souths.

and if he wanted to stay in QLD for a club that competes, he wouldn't have turned down the Titans first million dollar offer (although, it's still too early to tell if this Titans "resurgence" is for real or just temporary, and they'll go back to the easy beat Titans they've been for the last 5 years).

it is quite simple ... the Titans found the price it would take to get him away from us. 250k a year more than our offer wasn't enough ... they needed to go 500k more than us

A fair chunk will be used I daresay to re-sign Kotoni for an extra 3 years. Souths are making a big play for him but he will extend his contract with us soon, you can take that as fact. Kev knows we need to lock him up. I expect Dearden won't be too far behind in terms of contract extensions.

Dale and Mead will be on peanuts so nothing wasted there really.

in fact Kev has used him to describe what "a real Bronco looks like

this is what Kevvie said about Staggs

“He’ll be a priority for us moving forward,” Walters said.

“He’s been through our system and he’s been here a couple of years now so we want to keep him long term.

“We love what he brings and he’s got the right attitude to me of what a real Bronco looks like.

“He’s got a real desire to win and get better.

“That’s what I like about him.

“He’s always competing and he’s always wanting to win.”

The Broncs are clearing cap space for big offers to key spine players.
Hopefully spine players from elsewhere and not upgrades for the gronks already here....ill leave dearden out of that as he hasnt had time to develop or unravel...yet

Might turn out that all the coin has been saved to retain Staggs and Dearden on 800k each...the centre I can live with but for an unproven halfback thats done f*all, yuck

I'm pretty worried that we don't have much cap space and what we are using it on are players like Mead and Copley. Not exactly the best or most exciting signings..

I'd really like the Broncos to find a Fijian winger like Sivo/Radradra/Vunivalu/Koroibete.. Bring back the days of Lote Tuiqiri on the wing.

If we signed a decent fullback like Allan along with Will Chambers and a big Fijian winger.. Our backline would be fine.

Just look at the Fiji Sevens Rugby team and pick one

1. Corey Allan
2. Aminiasi Tuimaba
3. Will Chambers
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates

In my opinion, this would give fans a lot more hope.

Signing Mead and Copley are defensive moves.. They are not moves that will actually improve our chances of winning a competition..

Wont be winning anything without a decent spine

Same as Allan, Gagai, Sua, Capewell, Grant - WTF would they leave their top 4 teams to jump onto our sinking ship. wishful thinking or delusions, either one. Has beens and Titans rejects are the more realistic options joining our rabble.
Weren’t you the one pretending to have been told by the players themselves they were coming, regarding Gagai etc?

I'm pretty sure that no one is asking or wanting you to play for us.

on your point about Dave ... he got several million dollar offers, if he was desperate to get away from us after one poor year, then he had several chances.

one of them from Souths.

and if he wanted to stay in QLD for a club that competes, he wouldn't have turned down the Titans first million dollar offer (although, it's still too early to tell if this Titans "resurgence" is for real or just temporary, and they'll go back to the easy beat Titans they've been for the last 5 years).

it is quite simple ... the Titans found the price it would take to get him away from us. 250k a year more than our offer wasn't enough ... they needed to go 500k more than us

That first comment is unnecessary and I agree that I wouldn't want to play for the Broncos currently either, though Walters helps with that. At the time, Seibold was still going to be the coach and I definitely wouldn't have wanted to play under him.

Also, you don't know 250k more wasn't enough, he was umming and ahhing and to make sure, the Titans stupidly upped their offer, that was dumb but I suppose in their defense, they wanted to strike while the iron was hot and he was being tempted.

Meanwhile, we have not signed Dave, had Macca return on big money, Boyd retired, Bird and Joffa left (both apparently heavily subsidised) and STILL we have no money according to your beloved board members and the coach.

Who of note would want to come to this basketcase currently unless WE overbid on them like the Titans did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.