Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else thinking Cameron Smith will play for a club in 2021 and that he’s just waiting until close to season kick off, or possibly even later in the season to sign the deal so it’s less under the cap?

Anyone else thinking Cameron Smith will play for a club in 2021 and that he’s just waiting until close to season kick off, or possibly even later in the season to sign the deal so it’s less under the cap?
One thing I would be supremely confident of Cameron Smith giving zero ***** about is whatever team he played for and their salary cap position.

Last edited:
One thing I would be supremely confident of Cameron Smith giving zero ***** about is whatever team he played for and their salary cap position.

He is a greedy **** for sure. But I reckon he will get like $500k for 3-4 months work.

If he does play it will be the storm and no one else.
As for only playing part of the season to lessen the deal under the cap that is a novel idea but I wouldn’t put anything past that mob.

He will play ISC this year, he will make an impact too, such a great little chaser of kicks and dummy half scoots.
Watching some keebra park videos, he also seems pretty competent with the second-man sweep play.

Kobe Hetherington and Richie Kennar are still listed on the Broncos website, so if you combine the NRL.com list and the Broncos list, we've got 1 spot left. Tyson Gamble is the one missing from both, although there is an article from last year that said his future was secured with the club pending paperwork. Who knows if this is still the case though with the coaching change and all.

I imagine those guys on the fringe like Kobe, Richie and Tyson accept that they may not be signed until late into the pre-season as the Broncos keep their options open.

Macca? Him?

Doc Rivers Reaction GIF

Kobe Hetherington and Richie Kennar are still listed on the Broncos website, so if you combine the NRL.com list and the Broncos list, we've got 1 spot left. Tyson Gamble is the one missing from both, although there is an article from last year that said his future was secured with the club pending paperwork. Who knows if this is still the case though with the coaching change and all.

I imagine those guys on the fringe like Kobe, Richie and Tyson accept that they may not be signed until late into the pre-season as the Broncos keep their options open.
Possibly still waiting on Mann

McCullough has finally become a dynamic dummy-half by going to newcastle, turning 30 & ripping his hamstring off the bone. Let's make him captain!

Seibs moving him on was one of the few things he actually did right - something fans & experts alike had been calling for for years, and the moment he goes, & turps goes down, it's captain hindsight "why would you get rid of McCullough?!"

The reasons for not wanting him now are the same for not wanting him then, hes a slow one-dimensional player that hinders everything we do with the ball.

I would hope Kevvie is not making some decsions just to be contrary to those made by Seibs, not everything he did was wrong.

McCullough has finally become a dynamic dummy-half by going to newcastle, turning 30 & ripping his hamstring off the bone. Let's make him captain!

Seibs moving him on was one of the few things he actually did right - something fans & experts alike had been calling for for years, and the moment he goes, & turps goes down, it's captain hindsight "why would you get rid of McCullough?!"

The reasons for not wanting him now are the same for not wanting him then, hes a slow one-dimensional player that hinders everything we do with the ball.

I would hope Kevvie is not making some decsions just to be contrary to those made by Seibs, not everything he did was wrong.
I hope for your sake, our new leader is kind to those who doubted him.

I think being objective here that it's probably fair enough for Glenn to ask for another year to prove himself. It's not his fault that injury kept him sidelined basically most of 2020, and even when he was on field he endured the most abjectly horrendous team environment the club has ever seen (which granted, he's a part of contributing to as well).

I think on balance right now I'd be more prepared to give him another year to see how he goes than going for the kneejerk reaction of installing Macca who, being kind here, would be lucky to hold down a spot in the 17 all year, let alone be an on field leader.

I don't see either bloke playing for us again in 2022 so perhaps if they really don't trust Glenn then the best thing to do is bite the bullet early and just install Carrigan now for the long term and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.