Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
E2EED98B AA44 46A5 86CB 2E725DB436DD

The problem with Dearden is he’s doing exactly what Fifita did and dragging out these contract negotiations, getting distracted for months on end and wasting our chances of signing other players who decide to sign elsewhere. We need to start telling players they either sign with us by this date or they can spend the year in Q Cup trying to drag out contract negotiations while beating part timers every week.

If Adam Reynolds is at all a possibility to play for the Broncos , what an opportunity. KW should seriously consider going balls out after him , an experienced pivot , is exactly what our shitshow needs right now. Pair him with a good 5/8 and we 've got a running game again and Reynolds is a great kicker . We're absolutely desperate for an experienced half , and if he's even half a chance I say chase it down now . Or we could just keep on believing in Croft and Milford ?

The problem with Dearden is he’s doing exactly what Fifita did and dragging out these contract negotiations, getting distracted for months on end and wasting our chances of signing other players who decide to sign elsewhere. We need to start telling players they either sign with us by this date or they can spend the year in Q Cup trying to drag out contract negotiations while beating part timers every week.
I thought I heard on 360 the other night that the club was yet to make an offer

Correction - 'a reason'
Were you watching last year, Croft played 14 games last year and played in each of the 3 solitary wins and had 11 losses then got dropped altogether.

Boy wonder finished the year at halfback for 12 games with zero wins, cannot say that as 'barely playing'.
Super stat that. 3 from 14 **** he's a must pick. Clearly has a big influence on games.
Croft has found his ceiling.

I have worries about Dearden (and a few others). Talent wise, you can see he has something but between the ears, I'm not sure he has the competitive edge you need to succeed at this level. It is not always something you can teach either. Case in point is last game, he laid on a beautiful pass for Coates early and then for some reason, spent the rest of the game in his shell.

I'm worried I've seen this before. The Lions drafted a kid who had all the talent in the world and even had a connection to the club through his late father in Josh Schache, so they draft him in the top three of that year. Fast forward a few years later, he is now at another club and is barely getting a game. The issue? He never had any semblance of a competitive attitude, so he's never made it, despite all the talent in the world.

I hope I'm wrong.

Super stat that. 3 from 14 **** he's a must pick. Clearly has a big influence on games.
Croft has found his ceiling.
Picking apart sentences without stating a solid counter argument...you got nothing mate

Anyway, the coach wants us to suffer through Dearden's learning curve again...as if we didn't suffer that through Seibold already.

I have worries about Dearden (and a few others). Talent wise, you can see he has something but between the ears, I'm not sure he has the competitive edge you need to succeed at this level. It is not always something you can teach either. Case in point is last game, he laid on a beautiful pass for Coates early and then for some reason, spent the rest of the game in his shell.

I'm worried I've seen this before. The Lions drafted a kid who had all the talent in the world and even had a connection to the club through his late father in Josh Schache, so they draft him in the top three of that year. Fast forward a few years later, he is now at another club and is barely getting a game. The issue? He never had any semblance of a competitive attitude, so he's never made it, despite all the talent in the world.

I hope I'm wrong.
I may be a bad judge of talent but I've just yet to see anything about Dearden that screams must keep. I'd be making him a one year offer only, 300-400k, take it or leave it.

By that time it might be more clear what he can offer long term. Staggs is being difficult too but it's at least crystal clear how talented he is, with Dearden, what is it really that people see in him?

I haven't seen him direct any plays, barely seen any nice passes, he's devoid of a good kicking game, so I don't know, I just don't see what it is. His best attribute is probably his support play, but Croft does that better.

I may be a bad judge of talent but I've just yet to see anything about Dearden that screams must keep. I'd be making him a one year offer only, 300-400k, take it or leave it.

By that time it might be more clear what he can offer long term. Staggs is being difficult too but it's at least crystal clear how talented he is, with Dearden, what is it really that people see in him?

I haven't seen him direct any plays, barely seen any nice passes, he's devoid of a good kicking game, so I don't know, I just don't see what it is. His best attribute is probably his support play, but Croft does that better.

It is the flashes of class, albeit few and far between. He runs like Lockyer, that is the main thing for me anyway, it is the pass to Coates last game, it is the willingness to be last man back defending, it is the dummy he sometimes pulls out but he is just so timid.

It is the flashes of class, albeit few and far between. He runs like Lockyer, that is the main thing for me anyway, it is the pass to Coates last game, it is the willingness to be last man back defending, it is the dummy he sometimes pulls out but he is just so timid.
The pass to Coates is really being oversold. Sure it was quick thinking but he passed it like 6 inches.

We should have given Staggs and Dearden deadlines ages ago and then pulled our offers then if they wanted to stay, offer them less. We could and should have been chasing players like Matt Burton.

ITT: People who will have egg on their face when Dearden becomes the next legendary Broncos captain.

Wait till he gets an adults body, he will be out of this world.

BTW, Badel has now linked us to Reynolds.

Saying that our recruitment team has internally discussed the prospect of signing him as we believe he could be a good mentor for Dearden.

Says we have concerns about signing a 30 year old to a 3 year contract.

Then throws in a dig at our cap position saying we would struggle to meet his 700k a year demand (despite Milf being off contract and freeing up the full values of Bird and Macca at a minimum)

Agreed. Titans did reportedly. Tell Dearden, publicly if necessary, he has til ANZAC day to sign a 2 year contract on good money for a half. If not, in the spirit of that day, we’ll go and look for someone who has some real ticker...

Why is everybody blowing up at Dearden for not re-signing yet, when all the reports are saying we haven't even offered him a contract yet?

I'm of the thinking that nobody will be announced as a signing until next month when DD arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncotville
  • Foordy
  • Socnorb
  • Tim K
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KnToad
  • lynx000
  • Morepudding
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.