Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
What date does this new CEO start? Is it generally accepted that Brisbane aren't making any external signings until he starts?
Seems most clubs are in talks or genuinely linked to new players except for us.

Both are still contracted to us though, and it's highly likely Dragons are not paying both wages in full or even 3/5ths

It's easy to look at it and say its free money, but our team is full of young players with contracts expiring that will need top ups as well.
Why would we renew any of our players though? They all fucking suck

What date does this new CEO start? Is it generally accepted that Brisbane aren't making any external signings until he starts?
We can barely manage to even occasionally re-sign the talent we already have, let alone recruiting externally.

His hands may be tied, we apparently somehow still have a totally screwed up cap but then when you consider how much Lodge and Flegler are reportedly on, it isn't hard to see this boat is still going to be burning for some time to come yet.

01 May, 2021. Only a few more weeks...

What I'd do is sign Widdop for the remainder of this year and next ... won't be expensive, also grew up a Broncos fan

Sign Reynolds for next 2 years (3rd as a club option)

Give Isaako the year as fullback to prove himself. Which I believe he'll do with the right halves.

Run with this side remainder of 2021

1. Isaako
2. Mead
3. Nui
4. Farnsworth
5. Coates
6. Widdop
7. Dearden
8. TPJ
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Riki
13. Asiata

14. Croft (exclusively to give turps a rest unless injury)
15. Lodge
16. Flegler
17. Bullemor

Next year run with Reynolds/Dearden in the halves. Where Widdop plays would depend on how Isaako goes for the rest of this season... if he doesn't grab the fullback spot with both hands, Widdop goes to fullback and Isaako moves back to wing.

Both Widdop and Reynolds should be put through extensive medical checks prior to signing

Both Widdop and Reynolds should be put through extensive medical checks prior to signing
And then what? They’re both openly cooked - Widdop especially. I’d sign one of them and hope they can be taped together for their contract duration but both would be risky.

if A Rey has a bad back already just imagine how bad it will be after being expected to carry this mob.

And then what? They’re both openly cooked - Widdop especially. I’d sign one of them and hope they can be taped together for their contract duration but both would be risky.

Widdop is reportedly going strong and killing it in the ESL.... Reynolds and Souths deny this modified training program ... which is why before they sign they should get extensive medical checks done. If 100% fit both will be huge assets for us. Especially with a lack of quality halves on the market

Widdop is reportedly going strong and killing it in the ESL.... Reynolds and Souths deny this modified training program ... which is why before they sign they should get extensive medical checks done. If 100% fit both will be huge assets for us. Especially with a lack of quality halves on the market

I’d happily sign Reynolds and I hope Kev is just being coy and it’s already in process. Tbh I’m just desperate for any signing news.

God this thread is dire. And I have no reason to detract from any of the negativity. It’s a long way until we’re remotely competitive again.

Widdop would be a good get. No he isn't going to change anything on his own and no he isn't a long term plan but he would help shield Dearden and provide at least slightly more than Milford.

God this thread is dire. And I have no reason to detract from any of the negativity. It’s a long way until we’re remotely competitive again.

At this stage should we just go ahead and get the immortal words from Smokin' Joe put into the forum banner? It's almost like a catchy corporate slogan.

Welcome to BHQ! It's going to get worse before it gets better!

What I'd do is sign Widdop for the remainder of this year and next ... won't be expensive, also grew up a Broncos fan

Sign Reynolds for next 2 years (3rd as a club option)

Give Isaako the year as fullback to prove himself. Which I believe he'll do with the right halves.

Run with this side remainder of 2021

1. Isaako
2. Mead
3. Nui
4. Farnsworth
5. Coates
6. Widdop
7. Dearden
8. TPJ
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Riki
13. Asiata

14. Croft (exclusively to give turps a rest unless injury)
15. Lodge
16. Flegler
17. Bullemor

Next year run with Reynolds/Dearden in the halves. Where Widdop plays would depend on how Isaako goes for the rest of this season... if he doesn't grab the fullback spot with both hands, Widdop goes to fullback and Isaako moves back to wing.

I’d have Carrigan instead of flegler

.. Reynolds and Souths deny this modified training program ... which is why before they sign they should get extensive medical checks done.
So now you trust Souths management word on this, I thought you despised them.
Either way, those so called extensive medical checks that Brisbane do are so thorough...just ask Jack Bird

So now you trust Souths management word on this, I thought you despised them.
Either way, those so called extensive medical checks that Brisbane do are so thorough...just ask Jack Bird

All you just proved is you can't read ... if I trusted Souths management, why would I require Reynolds to go through an "extensive medical check"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.