Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurt Capewell rumour, think $450,000-a-season, maybe more. Hard to resist.

His agent, Clinton Schifcofske (yes that Clinton Schifcofske):

“Kurt has a bit of interest from a few clubs and we are working through things now. We have assured Penrith we will go back to them before we do anything. A return to Queensland definitely appeals to him. He will weigh up all options and see what’s on the table. The Broncos showed some interest in the pre-season. We met with them but unfortunately the deal wasn’t the right deal at the time. Kurt backed himself to start the season well and that’s exactly what he has done off the back of Origin."

“I’m hopeful the Broncos will come back to us. He would be perfect for the Broncos, he is exactly what they need, an edge back-rower who is versatile and a leader. The Broncos have a lot of young forwards so to have an experienced leader who has played Origin and is a Queensland kid, it would be a good fit for the club. He has been playing great footy in the starting back-row for the Panthers five weeks in a row."

“Penrith want to keep him but Kurt isn’t going to get what he is worth. They have to spend a fair bit of their cap to keep (Jarome) Luai, (Stephen) Crichton, Isaah Yeo and Liam Martin, so there mightn’t be much left over for Kurt.”

Scott Sattler:

“I love him, I have always liked him as a player. I watched a lot of him in the Intrust Super Cup when the Ipswich Jets won the national title and he went through a stage where you weren’t quite sure what position he should play. He is still only young in rugby league terms so moving forward I think he is a really good No.13 like Isaah Yeo (Panthers captain). I’m a big fan of his. Watching him play Origin last year was great because he deserved it and watching him play through pain was even better. He is a tremendous player and even better guy from a really good family.”

Sam Thaiday:

“The thing I love about him is he came through the Intrust Super Cup system under the Walker brothers (Shane and Ben). He already had a lot of those skills, but the Walker boys gave him an opportunity to be himself on the footy field. You can see that in his game. Some of his kicks and the things he does are very unorthodox and left-field, but they seem to work out for him because he continues to do them every week. He is a great player and very unpredictable. I love watching him play footy.”

McHunt

Scott Sattler:

“I love him, I have always liked him as a player. I watched a lot of him in the Intrust Super Cup when the Ipswich Jets won the national title and he went through a stage where you weren’t quite sure what position he should play. He is still only young in rugby league terms so moving forward I think he is a really good No.13 like Isaah Yeo (Panthers captain). I’m a big fan of his. Watching him play Origin last year was great because he deserved it and watching him play through pain was even better. He is a tremendous player and even better guy from a really good family.”

McHunt
Look, if Scotty Sattler vouches for him, that's good enough for me! Get on the bell Kevvie, before Petey Nolan signs up Lexxie for another couple of years with a bunch of our spare cash! :noooice:

His agent, Clinton Schifcofske (yes that Clinton Schifcofske):

“Kurt has a bit of interest from a few clubs and we are working through things now. We have assured Penrith we will go back to them before we do anything. A return to Queensland definitely appeals to him. He will weigh up all options and see what’s on the table. The Broncos showed some interest in the pre-season. We met with them but unfortunately the deal wasn’t the right deal at the time. Kurt backed himself to start the season well and that’s exactly what he has done off the back of Origin."

“I’m hopeful the Broncos will come back to us. He would be perfect for the Broncos, he is exactly what they need, an edge back-rower who is versatile and a leader. The Broncos have a lot of young forwards so to have an experienced leader who has played Origin and is a Queensland kid, it would be a good fit for the club. He has been playing great footy in the starting back-row for the Panthers five weeks in a row."

“Penrith want to keep him but Kurt isn’t going to get what he is worth. They have to spend a fair bit of their cap to keep (Jarome) Luai, (Stephen) Crichton, Isaah Yeo and Liam Martin, so there mightn’t be much left over for Kurt.”

Scott Sattler:

Sam Thaiday:

“The thing I love about him is he came through the Intrust Super Cup system under the Walker brothers (Shane and Ben). He already had a lot of those skills, but the Walker boys gave him an opportunity to be himself on the footy field. You can see that in his game. Some of his kicks and the things he does are very unorthodox and left-field, but they seem to work out for him because he continues to do them every week. He is a great player and very unpredictable. I love watching him play footy.”

McHunt
Well there you go, his manager is hinting pretty strongly Capewell wants to be at the Broncos. Titans backrow is locked in, he wants to live in QLD we should take advantage of that and offer him a fair contract.

I think 3 years x400-425K is fair. He'd be 30 going into the third year, so I would say his best 2-3 years should be ahead of him.

Well there you go, his manager is hinting pretty strongly Capewell wants to be at the Broncos. Titans backrow is locked in, he wants to live in QLD we should take advantage of that and offer him a fair contract.

I think 3 years x400-425K is fair. He'd be 30 going into the third year, so I would say his best 2-3 years should be ahead of him.
Complies with my policy: don't poach anyone who hasn't played in a Grand Final. Even better if they've lost one. It'll hurt.

Kev said today in the pre game presser (when asked about Reynolds) that the club is more focusing on securing the futures of the young boys: Staggs, Coates and Dearden.
That there is straight away what is wrong with this club.
Going all out trying to retain 3 youngsters, that have proved nothing, whilst there is a game managing, premiership winning half available and on the market is just crazy.
Kev made it pretty clear that the r&r is solely focusing on trying to get Staggs to stay and build a roster around him. A centre, who they’re going to try and make into a 6, who is coming off an acl, and really done nothing to tell us he is going to win us premierships, and also really just out there chasing the biggest $.
Don’t get me wrong, I like Staggs, Coates and Dearden and I’d like all 3 to stay, but there are others who aren’t at the club, who we should be focusing a whole lot more effort in trying to get to the club.
Has this club not yet learnt that you need experienced players and leaders around the joint?
It’s exactly how we got ourselves into mess, and it seems it’s just going to continue to get worse.

Kev said today in the pre game presser (when asked about Reynolds) that the club is more focusing on securing the futures of the young boys: Staggs, Coates and Dearden.
That there is straight away what is wrong with this club.
Going all out trying to retain 3 youngsters, that have proved nothing, whilst there is a game managing, premiership winning half available and on the market is just crazy.
Kev made it pretty clear that the r&r is solely focusing on trying to get Staggs to stay and build a roster around him. A centre, who they’re going to try and make into a 6, who is coming off an acl, and really done nothing to tell us he is going to win us premierships, and also really just out there chasing the biggest $.
Don’t get me wrong, I like Staggs, Coates and Dearden and I’d like all 3 to stay, but there are others who aren’t at the club, who we should be focusing a whole lot more effort in trying to get to the club.
Has this club not yet learnt that you need experienced players and leaders around the joint?
It’s exactly how we got ourselves into mess, and it seems it’s just going to continue to get worse.

I'd suggest they are trying to play the cards on Reynolds close to their chest, I'd imagine he is very much on the radar, perhaps even being discussed...I sure hope so anyway. Then again, given how bad our management is, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even know who he is.

surely if we sign Reynolds for three years we don’t need to manufacture a 6 out of staggs.

either run with milf on a reduced contract or dearden

His manager can't say it more clearly without saying it that Capewell wants to play for the Broncs and us as supporters want him. Surely the club gets this one right, surely.
All we have to do is write the cheque, literally.

God damn there is some seasoned talent to be had next year and ones that don’t break the bank....

Don’t. ****. This. Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.