Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the **** grows up as a titans fan... is he 12!!
They came into the comp when he was 6, can’t really be too surprised as he grew up there since he could remember

Badel reporting that we have tabled a $1.5 million, 3 year deal to Coates. says the Titans, Storm and a Sydney club are interested in him.

what i want to know is why Badel never names the Sydney club. names every other club interested in our players, except the Sydney club 🤔

the following part of his article annoyed me though.

he talks about the rumour that Coates is waiting for Bellamy to make a decision before deciding his own future ... then goes on to say that Coates camp has denied this ... followed by leaving us (reigning wooden spooners) to go to the Storm (most successful club) would have appeal

Reactions: Gaz
Badel reporting that we have tabled a $1.5 million, 3 year deal to Coates. says the Titans, Storm and a Sydney club are interested in him.

what i want to know is why Badel never names the Sydney club. names every other club interested in our players, except the Sydney club 🤔

the following part of his article annoyed me though.

he talks about the rumour that Coates is waiting for Bellamy to make a decision before deciding his own future ... then goes on to say that Coates camp has denied this ... followed by leaving us (reigning wooden spooners) to go to the Storm (most successful club) would have appeal

Hope he stays....love his passion.

They came into the comp when he was 6, can’t really be too surprised as he grew up there since he could remember
TBF though, they’ve been absolute dog-shit for all but maybe 2 or 3 of the seasons before Coates debuted as a Bronco.

Where is @The Don these days? Thought he’d have been in here crowing a bit more.

Titans are also apparently throwing huge money to try and lure Brandon Smith.
There needs to be an independent investigation into the Titans finances, they seem to have this bottomless pit of money to throw at any and everyone they are interested in.

$500k a year for a rookie winger..............................FMD.

Ahhh, but don't forget, we just paid $400k p/season for a rookie forward who hasn't even played one NRL game yet (has he even played Qld Cup?), based purely on potential.

Am happy to pay Coates $500k per year, it will look like a bargain price in the years to come.

Ahhh, but don't forget, we just paid $400k p/season for a rookie forward who hasn't even played one NRL game yet (has he even played Qld Cup?), based purely on potential.

Am happy to pay Coates $500k per year, it will look like a bargain price in the years to come.
If we pay Coates 500k/yr dearden will want similar or even more.
At this rate we will keep stuffing our cap.
He can have 400k and not a cent more.

The love for Opacic on this forum is weird. He's a below average player. Kinda guy that will notch up 200 games at 5 different clubs and head to England.

Below average players don't play NRL for years, and coaches like Bennett and Bellamy think very highly of him. I think I'll trust their judgement over a kid on a message board. And I'll guarantee you Tommy won't be moving to England.

He's a lot better than a lot of people on here give him credit for. He knows how to organise players and defend at center, he is an excellent communicator, and he does all 1 percenters. If it wasn't for him chasing a lost cause in round 1, we best Parramatta. That's kind of effort we need week in week out and he brings it every week.

He's just one of those players who helps others play better and just does his job, but he won't ever get the credit he deserves from some Just because he isn't a superstar.

Guys, relax a little on what’s being offered to Coates. Basel has no idea whatsoever, he’s making stuff up and pretty much follows the same template for every rumour. ‘The Titans and (insert non-Sydney team by name) plus (insert number) of Sydney teams have made (insert amount but make sure to remember its 5 0s and not 6 to make it believable) to Bronco (insert stereotypical adjective)(insert name). Broncos have upped their offer to (insert amount) over (insert years).’

I'd offer Coates 450kx3. I think he's easily worth it, and he IS a rep winger, a winning rep winger no less.

He, more than any of our hyped up juniors, I think actually has the potential to be one of the best in the game in his position. He's started to add some agro in his runs which was my main negative, he's pretty much a prototype perfect winger IMO. Could be our Daniel Tupou and be on the wing for 10 years.

Below average players don't play NRL for years, and coaches like Bennett and Bellamy think very highly of him. I think I'll trust their judgement over a kid on a message board. And I'll guarantee you Tommy won't be moving to England.

He's a lot better than a lot of people on here give him credit for. He knows how to organise players and defend at center, he is an excellent communicator, and he does all 1 percenters. If it wasn't for him chasing a lost cause in round 1, we best Parramatta. That's kind of effort we need week in week out and he brings it every week.

He's just one of those players who helps others play better and just does his job, but he won't ever get the credit he deserves from some Just because he isn't a superstar.
OK, I understand you're in love with him, and I'm sorry I hurt you. But yes, below average players do play NRL for years. Do you understand what the word average means?

There is a reason he is 26yrs old, onto his 3rd club and hasn't even cracked 50 games yet. Wayne Bennett thought so highly of him he barely picked him.

But I'm sorry I said your love interest isn't a rep player.

OK, I understand you're in love with him, and I'm sorry I hurt you. But yes, below average players do play NRL for years. Do you understand what the word average means?

There is a reason he is 26yrs old, onto his 3rd club and hasn't even cracked 50 games yet. Wayne Bennett thought so highly of him he barely picked him.

But I'm sorry I said your love interest isn't a rep player.
You said below average kid. I never said he was a rep player either. You say some odd things. He'd be happy to know you think he is my love interest as well :rofl

I think you forget, he basically sacrificed a year of his career here playing with 2 very bad shoulder injuries because he's a team player. He could have said no, but he put the team first. He would have had first crack at that left center position when Reed finished. He lost his spot at the Cowboys because he wouldn't sign a contract. He was playing some good footy up there until they did that to him.

I also think you need to understand cap management kid. For probably between $150-200k we could have signed him and would have got a solid, low maintainence NRL player who works and trains hard and who does all the effort plays and 1 percenters and is reliable, He can also cover probably 4 positions ( depending on how you use a lock ). You are clearly one of these people who think we can throw 400k a year contracts at every player and expect superstars.

Opacic would be perfect cheap player to rebuild our culture. You’d chuck him in either centre position and he would help our defence immensely. Especially in a game with a simplified game plan like v Panthers.

He’d offer far more than Arthurs or Kenner without costing a great deal more.

A couple guys like Opacic and Capewell would do wonders for team culture and work ethic.

Opacic would be perfect cheap player to rebuild our culture. You’d chuck him in either centre position and he would help our defence immensely. Especially in a game with a simplified game plan like v Panthers.

A couple guys like Opacic and Capewell would do wonders for team culture and work ethic.
But do you pick him over Staggs or herbie ?

Exactly. We need good value signings. Tom isn't going to be a game breaker, never has been and never will be. He has his flaws, but he's generally solid and reliable. At the moment, that's what we need and it would allow us to develop a better player for the future knowing we have somebody we can rely on in there right now.

Staggs is moving to 6 by all accounts. Herbie has done well in attack and is all effort but I still think dont he isn't a center. His attack is better than Tom, but the rest of his game there isn't. At the moment you would say we would have a player like Tom in at right center . He would help shore up our right side defence. At the price I think we may get him for he is a good squad option

No probably not but I’d pick him over Niu at the moment if Staggs does end up in the halves. I’d pick him at left centre and shift Herbie to the wing if Oates moves on.

Depending on his asking price I would sign him over Kennar/Copley/Arthurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.