Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzz Slothfield reporting that even though Staggs has told his teammates he's staying in Brisbane, that's not actually the case, and he's likely going to sign with the Titans who apparently still have $1m in the salary cap for next year. 🤣
Staggs isn't worth anything above 700k, and that is the absolute max we should go. He is an amazing attacking centre, but his defence needs a lot of work.

Buzz Slothfield reporting that even though Staggs has told his teammates he's staying in Brisbane, that's not actually the case, and he's likely going to sign with the Titans who apparently still have $1m in the salary cap for next year. 🤣
Rothfield is close with frizelle. The whole thing is sounding more & more like the Fifita saga, out injured, stringing the club along with the titans paying overs to sign him - LET THEM!

If we lose him it’s a blessing in disguise imo. He will be a disaster at 5/8, particularly if it’s with Dearden at 7. If losing him means we invest in an actual experienced half we will be far better off.

I have maintained from the beginning that if you look at our roster it’s very hard to make a case for Staggs being a priority re-signing. He is not a 6 and we have cover at centre, we don’t need him at the expense of an genuine playmaker.

Of course don’t want him to go, especially to the Gold Coast Broncos but same time we all agree he isn’t worth more than what we have supposedly offered him.

If he goes well than give his money to Gagai and let him and Coates carry on their origin combo at club level

Anyway...time to put a deadline on Staggs. If he has his heart set on being a 5/8th, then he would surely see the benefit of playing that role in ISC for the rest of the year upon his return.

He would unless he was an ego freak. Which I think he is.

If the Coast are stupid enough to do that fine, they will not be able to sign anyone else though and we keep Cotes who is far more important. We’d get Gagai and Opacic for his money anyway and that would be far more beneficial.

We’d likely keep Dearden with a clear pathway too. If we keep its good if he leaves, there’s benefits. Either way, put a deadline on him.

Again, where did I say I was against it on a minimum wage? I clearly said that he is a decent addition as a min wage player. I don't consider squad filler players a priority, when our top 17 has so many problems. The fact you are so upset about someone not considering him a priority shows my original post was spot on. Nobody cares you know him personally.

I also don't care about what a player did at the club, when he has since been to 2 different clubs. I'd have the same opinion on Moose and Norman, anything they did at the club previously doesn't mean shit when discussing a new deal.

Gonna is a word, and also an extremely common abbreviation. And I didn't claim to have the best grammar or spelling, I simply said he should look at it when calling someone a kid and trying to act superior. Doesn't have the same impact when you misspell simple words. I guess mine is doing pretty well if all you got me on was 'gonna'

It's adorable you think I'm upset. Made my day that has.

I think I won't bother taking the opinion of somebody who has been telling us on here Turpin is an elite number 9 who will be fighting it out with Grant for the QLD and Australia hooker spot ( actually things you have said!) I like to get my advice from knowledgeable sources .

I'll be genuinely shocked if that happens, but these days you never know.

It got reported they pulled the offer. He shouldn't go around telling his team mates he is staying if he is doing this. Won't go down too well I wouldn't think
Wouldn’t be the first time the titans bid against themselves, money talks Kotoni walks...

It could have also been said in relation to offers from Sydney & him wanting to stay close to his Mum in Brisbane? In Brisbane rather than at Brisbane?

It could have also been said in relation to offers from Sydney & him wanting to stay close to his Mum in Brisbane? In Brisbane rather than at Brisbane?
So you’re saying he told his team mates “I’m staying IN Brisbane”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Bronx48
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • kiwi2
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • Lazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Galah
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.