Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dearden isn't worth close to 1mil. Lol at the cows if they are throwing that amount at him, we'll cop it from the media for 'losing' him tho.
Its not 1 million a year, further down it says its probably between 300 and 400K.

Its not 1 million a year, further down it says its probably between 300 and 400K.
OK that's a fairer value, still a bit pricey considering what he's shown to date. Surely the club comes up with a competitive offer.

OK that's a fairer value, still a bit pricey considering what he's shown to date. Surely the club comes up with a competitive offer.
I think if the Broncos are paying Piakura that much, they can at least do the same for Dearden.

I'm really disappointed in that signing.

Danny Levi was somebody who Newcastle groomed for years hoping he would turn out OK and outside of the odd game where he just ran the ball he just constantly struggled at dummy half. He then made the move over to Manly and somehow he was even worse and it got to the point where he was being outplayed by a makeshift dummy half in Lachlan Croker who isn't much chop either.

I kept stressing the importance of the last two squad spots and it looks like they've gone to a player they could have just signed on a train and trial and a development player getting an upgrade because the club got spooked after losing Walsh.

Do you think the club needed a back up hooker?

Did Danny Levi cause us to mis out on Turner?

Lurking on the Cowboys forums, they reckon Dearden will be announced within the week and are 99% certain he is on his way north.
Speculating 300k/py for 3 years.

Im done with Dearden, he can go to the Cowboys, tired of the hype around potential.

Lurking on the Cowboys forums, they reckon Dearden will be announced within the week and are 99% certain he is on his way north.

Im done with Dearden, he can go to the Cowboys, tired of the hype around potential.
**** me, just give him between $300-400K, Broncos. I know he's not a forward, but we kind of need halves too.

Come on Tom, it’s your chance to become a god and get the Cows back for 2015. Ditch the offer and re-sign here

Doesn’t make sense that we wouldn’t at least match that.

geez a lot of people are throwing their toys out based on rumours alone. if he leaves so be it but we should kinda wait you know, before burning dearden at the stake.
My pitchfork is ready to go. My issue is these blokes gave us our first wooden spoon.
There is a handful of players I don't want to leave the club, the rest I would be happy to see KW play hardball with, offer them the absolute minimum till they prove themselves and set a deadline then pull the offer.

Wonder if Asiata will be here beyond this season? Going into the season he was talked up by the club as being the forward leader we had been missing.

Is townsend a definite for the cowboys or should we make an offer?

Time for Kev to Pull out his famous pick-up line..
CFA8FC7B 5A56 4653 9795 817CDF012B97

Well as far as I know we haven’t made him an offer so in the absence of one he doesn’t have much choice.
Can’t blame him at the moment.

Do you think the club needed a back up hooker?

Did Danny Levi cause us to mis out on Turner?
The key word here is back-up. They could have used a genuine #9 because Turpin hasn't sown the position up himself but there were genuine ways they could have circumvent the system and actually made use of their affiliates. Promoting Levi into the NRL squad just seems brain dead and takes up a spot that could have gone to a quality free agent.

I don't think the signing has anything to do with Turner. Brisbane simply didn't want him enough and were only willing to take him to get something out of the Warriors. They thought he was on a development deal so it would have been low risk, as it stood he would have been just another running half taking up space when the options are well and truly covered.

The key word here is back-up. They could have used a genuine #9 because Turpin hasn't sown the position up himself but there were genuine ways they could have circumvent the system and actually made use of their affiliates. Promoting Levi into the NRL squad just seems brain dead and takes up a spot that could have gone to a quality free agent.

I don't think the signing has anything to do with Turner. Brisbane simply didn't want him enough and were only willing to take him to get something out of the Warriors. They thought he was on a development deal so it would have been low risk, as it stood he would have been just another running half taking up space when the options are well and truly covered.

I guess the fact that Levi was named this week shows that someone didnt think Turpin could hold on until round 10 to make use of the loop hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.