Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're right then we're cooked. We can't afford to bide our time any longer. We're staring down the barrel of our second straight spoon with Brisbane 2 bearing down on us and all of the inevitable advantages they will get served to them on a platter from the NRL. We're inviting this club to be sunk for a decade or more with this current crop of muppets in our front office. We're getting belted from pillar to post by everyone with an axe to grind against us and these hacks are rolling over. Lets face it, on greener pastures than these, Adam Reynolds is not a marquee signing. During the Lockyer days, he comes up here on Peter Wallace money. Now we can't even lure him away from Sydney for a million dollars a year.

Once upon a time, the Dragons won 15 premierships in 30 or so years, then never won again until they had merged with a rival and stared oblivion in the face. Do not think for a second that the same fate can't happen to us, because we're practically halfway there already. We haven't crossed the Rubicon, we're drowning in it.
As Midean said, great post.

I just dont think that any of the options that are available are going to leave their successful teams for a drab situation like ours, even if it is for stupid money...only one that may do that is Johnson as it could be his last contract however he is probably the one out of everyone that we would want to offer the least to. Kev supposedly has a grand plan so lets hope he actually does. If hes hinging it on Staggs then I think hes making a big boo boo

DCE
Munster
Hunt this year
Walker
Fogarty
Mann

Yep, they sure do.

i'll rephrase ... the available Qld halves suck right now

I don't actually rate Fogarty ... and i'm still not sure on Hunt (he has played a few good games this year, but after years of sucking hard, i wouldn't go near him)

The Brisbane of old would have told Staggs you got until next week, if not, all the best

really ... because i remember the Brisbane of old allowing Karmichael Hunt to string us along for months, losing several players to afford him only for him to jump ship

i'll rephrase ... the available Qld halves suck right now

I don't actually rate Fogarty ... and i'm still not sure on Hunt (he has played a few good games this year, but after years of sucking hard, i wouldn't go near him)
I guess my point was, when we sourced our playmakers from within, we didn't lose.
It would feel somewhat dirty to see Adam Reynolds in a Broncos jersey, as much as it would probably be good for the results on the field.

At this point I will be more relieved to see Staggs walk away. At least then it guarantees we aren't putting a centre in the halves (because we clearly didn't learn any lessons from Bird) just because we don't have any other choice. I mean are they serious with this shit? Putting our roster in such a precarious position that we have to seriously consider moving Staggs out of the centres?

really ... because i remember the Brisbane of old allowing Karmichael Hunt to string us along for months, losing several players to afford him only for him to jump ship

I actually think Hunt's contract saga was the start of the downward spiral at the club.

Even if he does re-sign, I'm not sure Staggs will have many fans left, has come across as a real jerk this last 12 months.

Even if he does re-sign, I'm not sure Staggs will have many fans left, has come across as a real jerk this last 12 months.

And who knows how long the NRL are going keep him out over this new incident.

We won't be signing Hynes, he comes across as someone way too smart and way too loyal to Melbourne.

And yet again shows how dumb our recruitment team is, we wouldn't know what character and dedication is if it was staring us in the face.

We won't be signing Hynes, he comes across as someone way too smart and way too loyal to Melbourne.

And yet again shows how dumb our recruitment team is, we wouldn't know what character and dedication is if it was staring us in the face.

Only way we get Hynes is if Bellamy comes up here IMO. Or if Bellamy leaves the Storm altogether for next season.

on 360 tonight they were asking some very valid question, the one that stood out to me came from Hooper, "why hasn't Staggs re-signed?", it's a good offer for where he's at coming back from an injury

They started to make mention of Moses and Staggs having the same manager, there could be something to it too

There's every chance we miss out on them both, it would be catastrophic

Only way we get Hynes is if Bellamy comes up here IMO. Or if Bellamy leaves the Storm altogether for next season.

This interview really shows how good Bellamy and the set up in Melbourne really is and how good would it be to have that again, to have that willingness to recruit character first, talent second.

on 360 tonight they were asking some very valid question, the one that stood out to me came from Hooper, "why hasn't Staggs re-signed?", it's a good offer for where he's at coming back from an injury

They started to make mention of Moses and Staggs having the same manager, there could be something to it too

There's every chance we miss out on them both, it would be catastrophic

Not really. Missing out on Reynolds is the real catastrophe, and that ship is leaving harbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.