Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't think Brandon Smith is a good dummy half, some of his passes from dummy half are shockers

I also don't think Brandon Smith is a good dummy half, some of his passes from dummy half are shockers
He's quite comfortably the best available though. If we don't find a way to improve this position one way or another for next year then we're wasting valuable time with Reynolds and only extending our stint as also-rans.

Hynes, Reynolds and Brandon Smith in our side and all of a sudden this team is Finals bound.

He's quite comfortably the best available though. If we don't find a way to improve this position one way or another for next year then we're wasting valuable time with Reynolds and only extending our stint as also-rans.

Hynes, Reynolds and Brandon Smith in our side and all of a sudden this team is Finals bound.
What about Widdop as well?

“There are not any offers on the table at the moment, just discussions with the Storm and the Broncos as well, so I can’t really make a decision,”

“I am seeing on social media that I am going (to the Broncos) but there has been no offer as yet.

“I would rather make a decision sooner rather than later so I can just focus on the rest of the year.

“The Storm have spoken to me. We were meant to have a meeting the other day but the COVID rules came again and they got a bit busy, but I am sure I will sit down with them the next couple of weeks in camp (at Twin Waters).”
Nicho Hynes quotes - surely we have some cash to offer?

“There are not any offers on the table at the moment, just discussions with the Storm and the Broncos as well, so I can’t really make a decision,”

“I am seeing on social media that I am going (to the Broncos) but there has been no offer as yet.

“I would rather make a decision sooner rather than later so I can just focus on the rest of the year.

“The Storm have spoken to me. We were meant to have a meeting the other day but the COVID rules came again and they got a bit busy, but I am sure I will sit down with them the next couple of weeks in camp (at Twin Waters).”
Nicho Hynes quotes - surely we have some cash to offer?

i'm sure we do ... i'm also sure that we're not talking about the latest movies with Hynes manager 😉

This Vunivalu rumour shows all the hallmarks of one reporter starting the rumour, only to be perpetuated by the rest.

p.s. according to the media, first we signed Brenko Lee to replace Coates, now we're looking at Vunivalu to replace Coates
Brenko was obviously never Coates replacement he was staggs

What about Widdop as well?
With Reynolds on board now I'd say he's not likely to be necessary. Especially as we'd really need him to play Fullback and he's probably a bit off the pace for that these days.

Surely the money we had asside for Coates goes to Hynes and Isaako can move back to wing.

Staggs at fullback or at 6 just isnt going to work i dont believe. When he is at his most destructive offensively its running edges. I dont think he has the game at all for fullback. 6 maybe at a pinch, but even then how effective is he going to be when he is getting big forwards running at him all game. I think personally its madness to move him away from the edges. He is center or an edge back rower. Why do we constantly have to look to move players from where they are successful?

Staggs at fullback or at 6 just isnt going to work i dont believe. When he is at his most destructive offensively its running edges. I dont think he has the game at all for fullback. 6 maybe at a pinch, but even then how effective is he going to be when he is getting big forwards running at him all game. I think personally its madness to move him away from the edges. He is center or an edge back rower. Why do we constantly have to look to move players from where they are successful?
Yes, agreed. Why indeed! Our MOST SUCCESSFUL player, Isaako, why would anyone want him shifted to wing? Staggs stays where he is, Isaako stays where he is, Hynes and Reynolds. That's a good squad. Just add a good replacement hooker and we're golden.

Yes, agreed. Why indeed! Our MOST SUCCESSFUL player, Isaako, why would anyone want him shifted to wing? Staggs stays where he is, Isaako stays where he is, Hynes and Reynolds. That's a good squad. Just add a good replacement hooker and we're golden.
I dont particularly rate Isaako as a fullback and i never have, but i think we should leave him there and see what he can do for this year. If he can get the bad defensive reads and errors out of his game we should be fine with him for a few years while we concentrate on other areas. He has been decent enough in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • thenry
  • Organix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.