Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont particularly rate Isaako as a fullback and i never have, but i think we should leave him there and see what he can do for this year. If he can get the bad defensive reads and errors out of his game we should be fine with him for a few years while we concentrate on other areas. He has been decent enough in attack.
He needs to get rid of his little hop and skip when he receives a ball out the back from our halves cause if he does actually throw the ball it gives time for the defence to slide and the winger can’t go anywhere.
Needs to watch what Dufty did yesterday for Ravalawa.

Nicho Hynes says we haven't made an offer:

“There are not any offers on the table at the moment, just discussions with the Storm and the Broncos as well, so I can’t really make a decision. I am seeing on social media that I am going to the Broncos but there has been no offer as yet. I would rather make a decision sooner rather than later so I can just focus on the rest of the year. "

"The Storm have spoken to me. We were meant to have a meeting the other day but the COVID rules came again and they got a bit busy, but I am sure I will sit down with them the next couple of weeks in camp at Twin Waters.”

“It will be hard to leave this club because they gave me everything and made me the player I am but I really do want to test myself and be a starting player and a key member in a spine. I really love making game plans and being a leader in a team, whether it is this club or someone else."

“I will pay my respects to the Storm first and see what they have to offer me and if they want to keep me as well, but if I have to leave to have a starting role then I am probably going to have to."

“Last year when I was going through negotiations I probably wasn’t ready to be a starting player which is why I stayed here to be coached by the best and play with the best. Now I am playing more footy in the key positions I am ready to make that next step.”

“Fortunately I grew up playing six and I was pretty excited to play there this week but Paps went down and I had to go back to fullback. Playing six or one, I enjoy both. I pinch myself every day to be living my dream and playing for this club. Unfortunately sometimes I have to fill in for injury and I have been pretty vocal that I want to be a starter. We’ll have to wait and see.”

Craig Bellamy:

“We want to hang onto him but there will be a few considerations there for us and for him – how much we can afford to pay him and what position he would prefer to play in a footy team. We will do everything in our power to keep him. The good thing about Nicho is that he is heavily involved and he can play a whole heap of positions.”

McHunt

Is SPC available?

Why? Wouldn't Reynolds and Hynes work with Isaako adding his little 50% of our points? Wthy are people suggesting our only attacking player moves to wing ffs? Weird.
This could work as it would provide us with the better balance we need in the spine.

We maintain isaako's running game but provide him with better ball players to optimise it, and maintain staggs strike out wide.

Reynolds to mentor hynes, when reynolds retires, hynes to mentor a younger half etc. This could lead to some better transition planning in the halves.

Why? Wouldn't Reynolds and Hynes work with Isaako adding his little 50% of our points? Wthy are people suggesting our only attacking player moves to wing ffs? Weird.

I think many posters are just assuming based on 1910’s comments and then the more recent “news” about Staggs playing 6, that it’s just a given.

If that’s the case than Hynes to fullback is a good move. However, I tend to agree, I think Hynes at 6 and Isaako at 1 is a decent spine. Reynolds and Hynes would compliment each other well and Staggs getting early ball from TPJ on the right would be deadly. If I remember correctly Hynes was a gun 5/8 at manly before disappearing and reappearing at Melbourne as a fullback.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Lee (🥱)
4. Staggs
5. Farnworth
6. Hynes
7. Reynolds

I think that has decent balance. Not a premiership winner but could make the top 8 with the minimal cost and changes.

I think many posters are just assuming based on 1910’s comments and then the more recent “news” about Staggs playing 6, that it’s just a given.

If that’s the case than Hynes to fullback is a good move. However, I tend to agree, I think Hynes at 6 and Isaako at 1 is a decent spine. Reynolds and Hynes would compliment each other well and Staggs getting early ball from TPJ on the right would be deadly. If I remember correctly Hynes was a gun 5/8 at manly before disappearing and reappearing at Melbourne as a fullback.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Lee (🥱)
4. Staggs
5. Farnworth
6. Hynes
7. Reynolds

I think that has decent balance. Not a premiership winner but could make the top 8 with the minimal cost and changes.
I'd be very happy with that side. I wouldn't think it couldn't make top four provided we still had the forwards we presently have.

I understand everyone is very negative about Vunivalu but really I don’t get that one. Good player and your basing his grubbiness of 2 or 3 isolated incidents really if that’s the case half out team should get the boot... I personally agree with you all that Staggs shouldn’t play 6 but he will, if we are being realistic we know that, that is inevitable... Also 100% with Hynes been on his case for a very long time actually I believe before his debut and there’s always been a couple that have agreed but not until really recently have we all watched closely and taken notice of how good he is
1. Hynes
2. Vunivalu
3. Lee
4. Farnworth
5. Isaako
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Riki (possibly a signing if we got the $)
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan
14. Gamble
15. Flegler
16. Kennedy
17. Bullemor

pretty hard to stand there and say this team isn’t gonna start winning games obviously that’s just off rumours you could easily say Hynes and Suli won’t be here and just as easily you could add capewell and Gagai in instead so you know really depends on how we recruit but I think we can be confident for the years to come with our recruitment prospects without anyone getting their nickers in a knot

I like Hynes, i would be ok with him at FB and he is versatile enough to switch it up with Issako and staggs if needed.

Vunivalu is a grubby prick though, i would feel dirty seeing him in a broncos stripe.

I like Isaako and i think he has improved alot as a player this year. His running game is excellent but he has lacked alot of the fundamentals that make up a good fullback such as positioning and support play.

Hynes is a natural ball playing fullback but lacks the speed/running game of Isaako.

I guess it comes down to personal preference.

Personally I would prefer our 6 to have a kicking game so Reynolds isn't an easy target for kick pressure. I don't know if Hynes has it.

With Coates gone we are short on wingers and I think Isaako can still offer alot from the wing.

Isaako could fix those weak points with another off season and become a good fullback, it's just a bit of a risk in my opinion.

Make Hynes an offer, pronto like. $500,000 or so and a starting role.

I like Isaako and i think he has improved alot as a player this year. His running game is excellent but he has lacked alot of the fundamentals that make up a good fullback such as positioning and support play.

Hynes is a natural ball playing fullback but lacks the speed/running game of Isaako.

I guess it comes down to personal preference.

Personally I would prefer our 6 to have a kicking game so Reynolds isn't an easy target for kick pressure. I don't know if Hynes has it.

With Coates gone we are short on wingers and I think Isaako can still offer alot from the wing.

Isaako could fix those weak points with another off season and become a good fullback, it's just a bit of a risk in my opinion.
Isaako's running game can be good, but that just means he should be able to do the same in other positions. The fundamentals, support play and ball playing are the things the Broncos need from a fullback right now.

Tyrone Peachey has been playing well this year because he's starting not because he is coming off the bench. The Titans have finally worked out that a utility off the bench is not where he is best used at. Peachey despite his improved play admits that his future at the Titans is uncertain. The problem for Peachey is he is finally putting it together in contract year after two years of rubbish. Its likely why the Titans are hesitant of resigning him. It may also indicate that he may have been slacking off in those two years previously. I do know though he wasn't happy in his first year because he didn't see eye to eye with Garth Brennan though.
He has also played some of the best footy in his career from the bench. He is absolutely worth a 1-2 year deal. Best case scenario he is a good starting player for us, worst case utility/ISC. He wouldn't be commanding huge dollars, he could be an absolute value for money signing.

Hynes is a must in my opinion, the kid can play. He is active all the time in support, can ball play on both sides of the ruck and is actually faster then he looks on first glance. Perfect fullback for what Reynolds brings. The best fullbacks need a perfect passing game, he has it in spades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.