Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldnt we all.
christian bale kiss GIF by Hollywood Suite
Wish i could double like

That's because most are led by the nose and don't think for themselves. It's okay though, people are entitled to believe what they wish. I will cite one example of a preconception. Last year you could barely find a poster on here who thought Kennedy was a decent nrl forward. I was one of very very few who watched carefully and formed an opinion on what I saw. I don't listen to football broadcasts, I find the commentary irritating and distracting. I just watch in silence.

Kennedy has not changed one iota or perhaps he's a tad fitter, I don't know. Last year nobody put him down on the team lists they like creating. When I suggested him I was told he was garbage. Now, he features on every proposed list. He hasn't changed, he's still tackling the same, still making the same metres. What's changed? I tell you what's changed. The commentary around his efforts. You ask how I know if I watch in silence?
I watch the replays with the sound on. I've heard complimentary things said and lo and behold, next day or straight after they're said those same comments become many posters own thoughts!

The Anasta Isaako diatribe the other night was a classic example. Any fair minded person watching the game would see Isaako did little wrong. Anasta crucified him, hammering the same line and of course, that became 'the truth'. It wouldn't have mattered who the fullback was, the times when four grubbers are perfectly weighted, the times when those same four grubbers bounce their final bounce perfectly and lob into the arms of an attacker can be counted as 'once in a lifetime'. It doesn't happen but it did on that night.

You can believe it was some masterful plan or that Isaako should have been perfectly positioned but the truth is it was simply a freakishly fortunate sequence that bounced the perfect way. Anyway, you guys keep thinking Isaako is terrible, I choose to believe otherwise. I've blocked Bookhaki and won't be engaging anymore on this subject which will no doubt please many.
Are you trying to push Isaako case in the fact that we should be getting a hooker or do you genuinely believe we should be keeping Isaako at fullback... I without a doubt see him with a spot in our side e.g. wing but I don’t see him as a good enough fullback... the Reynolds signing is a waste of time if we wait for players to continue to develop... we have the roots and players for a premiership side especially if we recruit well over the next 2 off seasons this and next and with Reynolds he would be able to drive that... we are not far off but I don’t see Isaako at fullback putting us anywhere near where we want to be... he has been a respectable stop gap but we all realistically that kotoni will be 6 and hopefully Hynes will be here in the 1 jersey so I can’t see how Isaako at 1 is better

I have a suspicion B.Smith might come too but for who is the question. " Smith puts in each game..every game and isn't injury prone...rather save 6 digits on him"..dont care who it's for

Are you trying to push Isaako case in the fact that we should be getting a hooker or do you genuinely believe we should be keeping Isaako at fullback... I without a doubt see him with a spot in our side e.g. wing but I don’t see him as a good enough fullback... the Reynolds signing is a waste of time if we wait for players to continue to develop... we have the roots and players for a premiership side especially if we recruit well over the next 2 off seasons this and next and with Reynolds he would be able to drive that... we are not far off but I don’t see Isaako at fullback putting us anywhere near where we want to be... he has been a respectable stop gap but we all realistically that kotoni will be 6 and hopefully Hynes will be here in the 1 jersey so I can’t see how Isaako at 1 is better
That's okay, I can respect your view without agreement. Yes, I think going forward Isaako is perfectly acceptable as a fullback in 21, 22 and beyond. I believe the noise around him will diminish to the point it becomes almost non existent WHEN we start consistently winning games. As I said I don't agree with most on here and I believe they are scapegoating or simply are too lazy to pay attention. I haven't seen any criticism of Isaako that is based on fact.

In fact I believe most are herd like, they simply follow the lead of the most strident. Isaako has excellent footwork, a first class pass, a great boot (and I have no doubt he could kick any kind of kick requested with regularity) and I think he could play 5/8 , centre, wing, fullback or even hooker if he set his mind to it. A gifted athlete. Mark my words, if we start consistently winning games we won't hear boo about his fullback play. We might even hear praise.

We do need greater creativity in the halves and Reynolds is a solid start especially if the price is correct. If we could add a quality 5/8 and hooker I think this team would be complete but not perfect. I suppose no team really is. In fact if we add quality in the halves and hooker they will feed Isaako good ball in good positions, Isaako will do the rest.

Lodge rumour is pretty cold with the Penrith guys. If somethings happening the players arent exactly aware of it. Capewell is still available.

Lodge rumour is pretty cold with the Penrith guys. If somethings happening the players arent exactly aware of it. Capewell is still available.

1. Hynes
4. Lee
7. Reynolds
11. Capewell/Su'A
18. Walters

Is this enough for this offseason?

1. Hynes
4. Lee
7. Reynolds
11. Capewell/Su'A
18. Walters

I’m liking the idea of sua more and more. He can continue to be a body guard for Reynolds.

we’re all expecting the broncos to balls up the recruitment of hynes. When does the trauma end 😭

I’m liking the idea of sua more and more. He can continue to be a body guard for Reynolds.

we’re all expecting the broncos to balls up the recruitment of hynes. When does the trauma end 😭

Yeah man, I hear ya. It is absolutely PTSD for all of us. I think some of us still aren't sure Reynolds is actually coming we have so much trauma of the last decade or so.

1. Hynes
4. Lee
7. Reynolds
11. Capewell/Su'A
18. Walters

I'd like to see another center personally, Move Herbie to replace Coates. Still cant make my mind up about Capewell or Sua. I'd like to see us give an opportunity to some ISC players as well.

That's okay, I can respect your view without agreement. Yes, I think going forward Isaako is perfectly acceptable as a fullback in 21, 22 and beyond. I believe the noise around him will diminish to the point it becomes almost non existent WHEN we start consistently winning games. As I said I don't agree with most on here and I believe they are scapegoating or simply are too lazy to pay attention. I haven't seen any criticism of Isaako that is based on fact.

In fact I believe most are herd like, they simply follow the lead of the most strident. Isaako has excellent footwork, a first class pass, a great boot (and I have no doubt he could kick any kind of kick requested with regularity) and I think he could play 5/8 , centre, wing, fullback or even hooker if he set his mind to it. A gifted athlete. Mark my words, if we start consistently winning games we won't hear boo about his fullback play. We might even hear praise.

We do need greater creativity in the halves and Reynolds is a solid start especially if the price is correct. If we could add a quality 5/8 and hooker I think this team would be complete but not perfect. I suppose no team really is. In fact if we add quality in the halves and hooker they will feed Isaako good ball in good positions, Isaako will do the rest.
I completely understand where your coming from and actually I don’t completely disagree with you but really we aren’t in a position to just hand out a exceptional 5/8 and hooker really the 5/8 spot is sold for next year to Staggs like that’s without a doubt happening other option is Hynes at fullback who I think compliments our team in a greater way than Isaako does and I still believe Isaako can provide great quality and contribution out on the wing with his pace, step and athleticism... I completely agree with you if we had a 6 and a 9 that were better than we currently have (you never know Staggs could be amazing) than yes I believe that Isaako would be a quality fullback but the thing is we don’t and therefore I think we should change it because of that

I know it's hard but have faith in KW and DD. Within 2 weeks of DD starting we have had Staggs put pen to paper, Reynolds sign, possibly Brenko Lee, rumors Vunivalu is heading our way, possibly Sua and Hynes has all but publically said to Brisbane "Come and get me boys, paint me like one of your french girls"....

1. Hynes
4. Lee
7. Reynolds
11. Capewell/Su'A
18. Walters

Either needs another centre and Herbie shifts out to the wing or we need a new winger such as Suliasi or Edrick cause Corey as much as I love the bloke is just not up to it anymore, he has lost confidence, athleticism, speed and we just can’t afford to have that spot taken up by him in such a crucial spot if he lacks pace and finishing ability... he’s a great bloke but I just think that he’s done, which is quite sad but he needs to step up or he needs to be replaced

In 8 games hynes is 2nd for LB assists & 10th for TA, he’s also 5th for “player in support”. It’s impressive, but it’s got to be tempered by the fact he’s playing in a very dominant side. I think he’s more suited to 6 than FB, but I think that probably makes him even more valuable to us with Staggs very much a gamble there. If we offer him a fair contract I would be confident we get him, Melbourne can’t offer him a spot & given their roster I can’t see them offering him the money either, especially after signing Coates.

Either needs another centre and Herbie shifts out to the wing or we need a new winger such as Suliasi or Edrick cause Corey as much as I love the bloke is just not up to it anymore, he has lost confidence, athleticism, speed and we just can’t afford to have that spot taken up by him in such a crucial spot if he lacks pace and finishing ability... he’s a great bloke but I just think that he’s done, which is quite sad but he needs to step up or he needs to be replaced

I'd love to add Hammer as that winger, you can't coach speed and I think he could become an Addo-Carr. I also like Vunivalu as he is absolutely elite even though he is a jerk but he would cost way too much. Edrick obviously has a lot of talent but like Corey, has terrible hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Browny
  • RolledOates
  • LittleDavey
  • bert_lifts
  • Jedhead
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • heartly87
  • Waynesaurus
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.