Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Lots of plodders in our line up. Need to find a few tough a nails players who are aren't lighting the world on fire offensively but almost never miss a tackle. And fitness. Our boys are way off the mark there, convinced a lot of our problems are due to other teams simply being fitter.
9 Broncos have missed more than 20 tackles so far this season.

The list in order of shame/most misses

Milford
Mead
TPJ
Lodge
Riki
Gamble
Flagler
ISucko
Coates

None of these guys should be back next year, if we are serious.

Milford
Mead
TPJ
Lodge
Riki
Gamble
Flagler
ISucko
Coates

Tpj is one of our best though

'The fire is still burning inside me and I want to be the best player I can be. But as a playmaker, if you aren’t getting good ball, there’s not really much you can do.'

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't he the one dishing out poor passes and shit ball to everyone else last time he put the jersey on. Its fine though cause the fires still burning.

Milford
Mead
TPJ
Lodge
Riki
Gamble
Flagler
ISucko
Coates

None of these guys should be back next year, if we are serious
It's definitely a problem that needs addressing but the stat alone without context can create problems here. If you throw an arm out and tap them on the way through, that's a miss. But the dude who had no line speed or was out of position was the real cause.

Hence me mentioning fitness. If they aren't fit, they don't get where they need to be and the formation breaks down.

We need an organising FB and some hard men like Gillette combined with an entirely new conditioning program to outlast the repeat six agains.

Milford
Mead
TPJ
Lodge
Riki
Gamble
Flagler
ISucko
Coates

🤣 how is it that we have 2 wingers and our fullback on that list? They are asked to do the least tackling on the field and they still miss? My god we are awful.

But the fact there is so many players with that many missed tackles should say that the issue is beyond it being individual players. This is symptomatic of a complete defensive system/structure failure.

I don’t think Dufty is the answer and is being hyped up big time in the media atm, but I wouldn’t mind him on a two year deal until we can sign back Walsh or Ponga. Maybe Boyd can unironically help his defence (at least organising the defence).

Disagree. One of our best for one match out of six or seven matches, and had no issue calling uncle Nick last year. Only tries when called out.

First one I'd let go.

Culturally, tpj is emblematic of everything wrong with the club. Fucl him off to Easts if he loves that club so much.
So it's not his performances you have the issues with, it's the fact he spoke to Politis.

Like him or loathe him, TPJ has clearly been our best this year with Lodge and Haas.

So it's not his performances you have the issues with, it's the fact he spoke to Politis.

Like him or loathe him, TPJ has clearly been our best this year with Lodge and Haas.

NSW Trio - Broncos best.

Darkest timeline indeed.

Literally said it was his performance

Milford
Mead
TPJ
Lodge
Riki
Gamble
Flagler
ISucko
Coates

Is that number per game? That’s really damning and the defensive or should I say non-defensive coach should be flogged repeatedly. And then sacked. In their defence (lol) it doesn’t help that we keep changing the deck chairs. But by now they should all know how to tackle like our Roger Ramjet lookalike Rhys Kennedy or Dick Turpin.

Is that number per game? That’s really damning and the defensive or should I say non-defensive coach should be flogged repeatedly. And then sacked. In their defence (lol) it doesn’t help that we keep changing the deck chairs. But by now they should all know how to tackle like our Roger Ramjet lookalike Rhys Kennedy or Dick Turpin.
It's total, so milf and mead worst offenders (played less) and guys like tpj serial offenders (bookhaki take some notes)

A lot of players in that list have had a shocker here or there with over 5+ in certain games, but I still don’t think it’s necessarily that bad to have played say 10 games and missed 20.

The misses have no context - are they linebreak causing? Or just someone crabbing across field and you’ve missed them but they make no ground or they get tackled immediately by your inside man? Are they desperate dives at players on breakaway runs and you just couldn’t catch them and had an air swing?

I don’t know how stats guys judge them, but I feel this is being used to support some odd agenda against certain players

NSW Trio - Broncos best.

Darkest timeline indeed.
Of course cause that’s where all the talented players are… Qld can’t even get a team of 17 players worth signing for crying out loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • something
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fitzy
  • Fatboy
  • kman
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • Mister Wright
  • Rowdy124
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bish
  • Foordy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.