Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok surely it’s presumed our next fullback is Herbie (possibly Cobbo) but if that’s the case we probably need a new centre cause I can’t see the bronx not playing Staggs at 6 after that was promised. So what centre’s would you all be interested in if we were needed to sign one. The only real internal options are Tesi and Arthars but I think we possibly need someone slightly better.

Haven't they signed Brenco Lee as a centre option for next year or am i missing something.
Yes but we currently have Arthars and Copley as our centre’s and as much as we don’t like it Staggs is our 6 next year and Herbie likely to be fullback. Arthars and Copley would have to be the shittest centre pairing of all time after gutherson and wighton in origin last year. Therefore we now need a second centre in order to replace Farnworth

Yes but we currently have Arthars and Copley as our centre’s and as much as we don’t like it Staggs is our 6 next year and Herbie likely to be fullback. Arthars and Copley would have to be the shittest centre pairing of all time after gutherson and wighton in origin last year. Therefore we now need a second centre in order to replace Farnworth
We also have Tass in ISC and Brenko Lee coming.

So far so good with letting dearden go. He sucks
That's because he plays more like a 5/8th than a halfback. Everything about him reminded me more of Lockyer more than Shane Perry. We also thought Sam Walker was a Fullback. So we have a history of trying to make players something they aren't .
You just have to look at how bare the centre options are for Qld right now. If Cobbo moved there now, and proved he could play there before seasons end, the Origin jersey is probably his long term as well. That could be extra incentive he would need to lock that spot down.

I don't know if Mariner is a Queenslander, but I would be looking at developing the long term Queensland centre combo.

We also thought Sam Walker was a Fullback.

I doubt we did ... that was a story the media made up to call into question our judgement.

which actually shows how bad the media's judgement can be given the real story would have been better to call into question our judgement/decision making/competence

I doubt we did ... that was a story the media made up to call into question our judgement.

which actually shows how bad the media's judgement can be given the real story would have been better to call into question our judgement/decision making/competence

I thought Chris Walker said it though I could well be wrong.

Just no chance. He’s well looked after where he is and he knows it.

He’s exactly the type of player we need.
I’ve completely put the mock on him too. He’s got the yips hard since I made that posts

Yeah sorry the story I saw was Seibold, not us directly. But the real question now is What do the Broncos think makes a you a Broncos player today?

Because we used to be loaded with origin players. But we can't have the bulk of the Queensland team anymore, but we didn't adapt either. Nothing is stoping us from thinking outside the Origin box.

Currently we have Wiki, Glenn, Isaako, Robati and Arthars who are eligible for NZ. And the world cup is coming up, so could Kevie's potential masterstroke be putting the Kiwi players together on the same edge for now?

Would love to get Manu because if Herbie/Cobbo/whoever start to knock the door down, easy to switch him back to centre.

100% true but it wasn’t Seibold.

Ok take Gagai take Capewell to play centre or any backs who just know how to tackle and defend in line, that's all the Broncos need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Justwin
  • Mustafur
  • Footy Fanatic
  • kman
  • kiwi2
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manifesto
  • Organix
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Porthoz
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • leon.bott
  • sooticus
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.