Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bennett plugging Su'a:

“The reality is we can’t keep Jaydn under the salary cap. We can’t fit him into the cap and Jaydn knows that, it’s something he has known for a while now so it’s not a shock to him. He would be a good asset for the Broncos. He has played a lot of NRL now, he is quite a handy forward on that edge position where he could add something to the Broncos."

“The Broncos are an option for him. He is a Queensland kid, he didn’t want to leave Brisbane in the first place, but he did leave Brisbane and I’m sure his heart is still in Brisbane.”

“We had four players out last week and three middles, so Jaydn played, but he was never going to get a chance this week. Jaydn knows why he was dropped. I will keep it between us. He knows what he has to do. He knows what I want. The other guys are doing the job and he has to wait to get an opportunity.”

Su'a:

“It does play on your mind (being off-contract), but I’m hoping it will be sorted out shortly. I know the salary cap is a struggle for Souths at the moment. I’m not sure if I can stay. I know they have a few off-contract and they are talking to Gagai as well."

“The Broncos were a good club to start out with. Wayne gave me my debut and I had a good relationship with him. But then he left and I didn’t want to leave the Broncos, but that’s the way things panned out and I ended up playing Origin at Souths, so I am grateful for that."

“I do know the Broncos well. I don’t know if I will end up there, but in the next few weeks I would definitely like to sort something out. Brisbane is home and always will be, but I’ve found a really good home in South Sydney, too. It‘s a big decision I have to make when the time comes. Hopefully I can sort things out soon.”

McHunt

Gagai is an interesting one, his club form has been quite good over the last 2 seasons, but I'm not sure where he fits in if we've got Staggs, Farnworth, Lee & Niu under contract; all of whom are arguably best suited to centre at the moment, regardless of where they'd like to play.

why is Bennett plugging souths players to come to us? First Reynolds now Su’A. conflict of interest? I still reckon he is coming here to plunge a knife deep into Walters back.

Gagai is an interesting one, his club form has been quite good over the last 2 seasons, but I'm not sure where he fits in if we've got Staggs, Farnworth, Lee & Niu under contract; all of whom are arguably best suited to centre at the moment, regardless of where they'd like to play.

1. Niu/Cobbo
2. Farnworth
3. Gagai
4. Lee
5. Cobbo
6. Staggs

why is Bennett plugging souths players to come to us? First Reynolds now Su’A. conflict of interest? I still reckon he is coming here to plunge a knife deep into Walters back.
Plunge a knife into his back, or try and help him right the ship ?

I reckon Bennett would love to see nothing more than the current Broncos admin fall on their sword, so I'm not trusting any "recommendations" he'd be giving us. Reynolds may about to hit his "played one year too long", and Su'a is quite likely dropped for discipline / effort reasons, that'd be quite the combo to gift-wrap to a team you'd love to sabotage.

I reckon Bennett would love to see nothing more than the current Broncos admin fall on their sword, so I'm not trusting any "recommendations" he'd be giving us. Reynolds may about to hit his "played one year too long", and Su'a is quite likely dropped for discipline / effort reasons, that'd be quite the combo to gift-wrap to a team you'd love to sabotage.
Exactly. No other coach in the comp spruiks their current players for other teams as “great fits”. It stinks to high heaven. He even admits souths Cap is fucked......something that happened under his watch...again.

That said I am excited to see us with Reynolds in the side next year. Will wait and see.

I don’t think what we should have got out of that article is that Gagai is coming here
No I think they were obviously saying that Gagai will be taking up their cap and forcing Sua out. I was just responding to the poster on how Gagai could fit.

I’m not sold on Sua, would far rather Capewell. Su’a is dropped rn and was previously moved on due to attitude, which appears to be happening again here. I’d take him on a low contract but agin, I’d much prefer Capewell.

"We have some guys here that I want to see play first grade before the year is out, some of our younger players, and they will get those opportunities provided that they’re doing everything they can at Intrust Super level.

"We will give them a chance at the next level up to give them a taste of what it’s like to play in the NRL."

Wonder who it could be?. Mam, Piakura and Willison, only ones running around in cup not to play yet.
Mam is one i really want to see come through. I really think he has the type of game that would be complimentary to reynolds in the halves.

Reynolds running the show, mam just following the ball and playing eyes up. He seems to be achieving the basics in ISC and appears to defend pretty well at that level too. Fingers crossed he is a half that achieves his potential but doesnt get away.

Expect Sua to be announced after this weekend apparently

Especially with his talking up the price of a player. That sounds like how we got into the current mess. Overpriced comfortable players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
  • Foordy
  • theshed
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • jd87
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Xzei
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.