Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure. Brimson never looks as good at 6 imo, and Campbell only has a year left on his contract iirc. You also have Fogarty off contract as well. Be interesting to see what they do.
Looks like Campbell has until 2023... on a development deal... wait 3yrs on a development deal... and with a fucking club option.

Was this kid just complete trash until literally this year??

How does his manager let him sign a 3 year development deal as a young fullback with a prestigious name??

Is Presto his manager and is currently living in a beach side mansion on GC that's "not" being paid for by Frizelle

Looks like Campbell has until 2023... on a development deal... wait 3yrs on a development deal... and with a fucking club option.

Was this kid just complete trash until literally this year??

How does his manager let him sign a 3 year development deal as a young fullback with a prestigious name??

Is Presto his manager and is currently living in a beach side mansion on GC that's "not" being paid for by the Frizelle

View attachment 13697
Ambushed behind the toilet blocks maybe?

So tonight on NRL360 Slothfield has interviewed KW who admitted it was his decision to let Reece Walsh go. Said too many young players blooded and wanted him to play at least 6 more ISC games. Walsh was on 60k at Broncs and moved to Warriors for 100k. Wtf Kevvie you Muppet

So tonight on NRL360 Slothfield has interviewed KW who admitted it was his decision to let Reece Walsh go. Said too many young players blooded and wanted him to play at least 6 more ISC games. Walsh was on 60k at Broncs and moved to Warriors for 100k. Wtf Kevvie you Muppet

Yep if what he said was true, it is pretty damning on Kevvie to make a monumental stuff up so early into his reign.

I’m sure I am probably reading too much into it, but I thought Ikin was conspicuously quiet when they were discussing SJ and his likely destination being the bulldogs.

Well $100k was probably the minimum contract to put him in the top 30 and allow him to play first grade straight away, which is what they promised him (although they're not meant to be talking to players about breaking contracts.... so maybe they just communicated telepathically 🤔🤔🤔).... but he'll be on waaaay more money as of next year.

Also I think development deals are restricted to like $75k or maybe less... is Rothfield going to blow up about Jayden Campbell being on $60k until 2023??

How come players can still get pay bumps when changing clubs??

Didn't they change the rules when Matterson kicked stones to move from the tigers to get a pay bump??

did Walters actually talk about contract values?

Imo the plan that Walters supposedly had for Walsh sounded perfectly sensible - bring him through the lower grades and give him time to develop his game and his body.. unfortunately that plan was ambushed by the Warriors and the broncos or Walters or whoever wasn’t responsive enough to do whatever was reasonable to ensure he didn’t leave.

Didn’t the Storm take a similar approach with Harry Grant? Obviously they had better processes in place to ensure Grant stayed the course, particularly in 2019 when he was there for all to see how good he was in ISC

Well $100k was probably the minimum contract to put him in the top 30 and allow him to play first grade straight away... he'll be on waaaay more as of next year. Also I think development deals are restricted to like $75k or maybe less... is Rothfield going to blow up about Jayden Campbell being on $60k until 2023??

How come players can still get pay bumps when changing clubs??

Didn't they change the rules when Matterson kicked stones to move from the tigers to get a pay bump??

The Titans will likely try to upgrade Campbell before next year ... if he's on a development deal he can't play before round 11

He only moved to the warriors on the 100,000 for this year AFTER he signed for the next 3 year's, justified move. Also, Walter's said he wanted him to play 6 games in QLD cup, again, justified.

Honestly this kid is getting hyped up something crazy and my crystal ball of 100 years of rugby league history tells me it will blow up big time. His defence is worse then duftys, the warriors were winning more games before he started, he goes missing except for big moments, and he makes on average 3 errors a game at senior level so far. I'll happily bet anyone here that his career will not reach the heights people are acting like it will. He may have an unreal game or a terrible one this Wednesday, it won't change the fact that nextyear he will be hunted and his tricks will be known by teams like the storm and roosters and no rts to keep an eye on too with Nathan Brown as your coach, this will not end well. Judging by how he reacts by getting targeted by opposition with rough stuff, I can see the future tactics already lol...If he came from any other club bar us the media wouldn't even know he was at the warriors lol...

The Titans will likely try to upgrade Campbell before next year ... if he's on a development deal he can't play before round 11
100% they will... just flagging the hypocrisy and faux outrage the media like to use.

I have no doubt that Walsh would've been our fullback probably as of Rd 11 this year or maybe earlier if a top 30 spot opened up and we bumped him up.

However warriors have come in over the top and promised him a first grade spot this year even though he was under contract... how did they manage to tell Walsh that he could have a starting spot with them this year without enticing him to break his contract, which is illegal under the salary cap.

He only moved to the warriors on the 100,000 for this year AFTER he signed for the next 3 year's, justified move. Also, Walter's said he wanted him to play 6 games in QLD cup, again, justified.

Honestly this kid is getting hyped up something crazy and my crystal ball of 100 years of rugby league history tells me it will blow up big time. His defence is worse then duftys, the warriors were winning more games before he started, he goes missing except for big moments, and he makes on average 3 errors a game at senior level so far. I'll happily bet anyone here that his career will not reach the heights people are acting like it will. He may have an unreal game or a terrible one this Wednesday, it won't change the fact that nextyear he will be hunted and his tricks will be known by teams like the storm and roosters and no rts to keep an eye on too with Nathan Brown as your coach, this will not end well. Judging by how he reacts by getting targeted by opposition with rough stuff, I can see the future tactics already lol...If he came from any other club bar us the media wouldn't even know he was at the warriors lol...
There’s still an argument that we should have kept him this year, we could have used him, but fans don’t want to continue to develop players that won’t be here next year.

I’m sure I am probably reading too much into it, but I thought Ikin was conspicuously quiet when they were discussing SJ and his likely destination being the bulldogs.
I mentioned sj last week we could be in with a shot.

did Walters actually talk about contract values?
Slothfield mentioned those specific figures which you would assume came from Walters, he wouldn't just pluck them out of the air.

Slothfield mentioned those specific figures which you would assume came from Walters, he wouldn't just pluck them out of the air.

i just read those comments and this was for this season only ... which would be the required pay raise to move into the top 30 from development.

hardly makes Kevvie a muppet for not wanting to develop a player for the Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Inknition
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Galah
  • Bronx48
  • Morkel
  • GCBRONCO
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • westy316
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.