Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not really keen. Doesn’t offer anything different to the team in terms of playing style. We already have Carrigan, Flegler and Jensen.. I would have preferred a bit of variation.. Someone like Leeson Ah Mau or Dunamis Lui.
I agree to an extent. I definitely think Jensen was a dumb signing and makes what should be a decent signing in Ryan James into an average one.

I’m not really keen. Doesn’t offer anything different to the team in terms of playing style. We already have Carrigan, Flegler and Jensen.. I would have preferred a bit of variation.. Someone like Leeson Ah Mau or Dunamis Lui.
Canberra want to hang onto Dunamis Lui but are prepared to let James go if he can secure a longer deal than he has with them.

Length of contract is the only sticking point with us. He would like 3 years but we are offering 2 years only. I think for that $250-300k mark James is a sensible and good buy for us for a couple of seasons.

Look, I would love to spend money instead on a gun fullback or hooker, but there is nobody left on the market really in those positions. And if we supposedly only have around $300k left in the kitty to spend for next year (and the money has to be spent), we may as well snap up an experienced, tough forward like James to at least instill some toughness around the joint and help mentor the young fellas. Payne can't carry this team on his back by himself forever.

If our squad was Melbourne, South’s or Parra sure but we don’t need anymore inexperienced project players in the forwards

no to mention that Beasts for the most part are becoming obsolete under Vlandysball ... unless you have a motor like Payne Haas (but that is rare in players of his size)

Canberra want to hang onto Dunamis Lui but are prepared to let James go if he can secure a longer deal than he has with them.

Length of contract is the only sticking point with us. He would like 3 years but we are offering 2 years only. I think for that $250-300k mark James is a sensible and good buy for us for a couple of seasons.

Look, I would love to spend money instead on a gun fullback or hooker, but there is nobody left on the market really in those positions. And if we supposedly only have around $300k left in the kitty to spend for next year (and the money has to be spent), we may as well snap up an experienced, tough forward like James to at least instill some toughness around the joint and help mentor the young fellas. Payne can't carry this team on his back by himself forever.
3 years is a bad deal for us.

3 years is a bad deal for us.
I'd say yes it is for 300,000, but if it means we save even 50,000 each year on that per annum wage then it wouldn't be bad

I'd certainly prefer Ryan James to someone like Aaron Woods. I think James still has fuel in the tank.

Zerotackle says Wiremu Greig is only signed for this year at Eels. Should we sign him? He looks like a beast. Josh Papalii and Sam Kasiano’s love child.
View attachment 14281

He's about good for 10 or 15 mins tops a game. He's 3 or 4 years away from making a serious impact imo.

He's about good for 10 or 15 mins tops a game. He's 3 or 4 years away from making a serious impact imo.
His potential makes it worth signing him in my opinion. Him and Haas up front in a few years time is premiership winning stuff. We can still recruit your Ryan James types but it’d be good to bring in someone that could possibly replace Pangai’s presence on the field.

Any update on how that Xavier Willison kid is going?

His potential makes it worth signing him in my opinion. Him and Haas up front in a few years time is premiership winning stuff. We can still recruit your Ryan James types but it’d be good to bring in someone that could possibly replace Pangai’s presence on the field.

Dont know a lot about Xavier tbh.

1. Herbie Farnworth
2. Corey Oates
3. Brenko Lee
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Selwyn Cobbo
6. Cory Paix
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Kobe Hetherington
10. Dunamis Lui
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jordan Riki
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Ethan Bullemor

18. Corey Jensen
19. Keenan Palasia
20. Billy Walters
21. Brendan Piakura
22. Tesi Niu
You couldn't find a spot for Kennedy, contracted until end of 22? 23 players ahead of him!

Anyone wanting a glimpse of the superstar winger we have apparently purchased can tune in to Dragons v Titans as he’s named on the wing.

Absolute spud of a player and not first grade standard. I hope we haven’t actually signed him, he’s an outside back version of Jensen. Shit and too old to stop being shit.

Anyone wanting a glimpse of the superstar winger we have apparently purchased can tune in to Dragons v Titans as he’s named on the wing.

Absolute spud of a player and not first grade standard. I hope we haven’t actually signed him, he’s an outside back version of Jensen. Shit and too old to stop being shit.
Yep, so far it’s not a good advertisement for him

He's getting a run shortly. Won't be long before we get a look. Last 2 or 3 games of the season.

According to Fox Sports, the lock will join the Sharks on a deal worth $2.5 million over four years — about $600,000 per season. Dale Finucane.

On that kind of money, with that kind of record, Why didn't we seal the deal?? If we are talking about transplanting a culture, Capwell, Finucane, would have been tremendous.

According to Fox Sports, the lock will join the Sharks on a deal worth $2.5 million over four years — about $600,000 per season. Dale Finucane.

On that kind of money, with that kind of record, Why didn't we seal the deal?? If we are talking about transplanting a culture, Capwell, Finucane, would have been tremendous.
4 years is a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • something
  • Sproj
  • Bronx48
  • Nerd
  • Brocko
  • eggstar10
  • mystico
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • dirtyharry
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosgirl
  • TonyTheJugoslav
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.