Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this doesn’t fit the medias script but I do not believe Tesi will be leaving.

As a long time watcher of the Phins, he is a player i like, but i think physically he isnt up to playing NRL. I cant see anyone in an NRL club taking a risk on him tbh. As i mentioned before, he's a good ISC player who i dont believe has what it takes to step up another level.
Fair call mate ...ive only seen him a couple of times but he struck me as a really instinctive footballer with speed to burn and between the ears as well that could be made more athletic ...thanks for the feedback as i posted about him on here after that game and wondered why no noise about him

I watched him in the intrust cup televised game about 3 weeks ago he carved them up and his defence looked pretty good ...thought he would have a development offer by now ...if we dont someone will

He got two tries in a grand final win three years ago and still no one has taken him. If they were going to they would have then.

He would have gone close to the Hall Medal over Rudolf.

Thurston was too small. Look at the photos and video, he was tiny.

It is however a lesson in not throwing your season on 18 year old halves and letting them develop and have time to do so
Imagine if he never got a shot. With a mindset of he's too small.
100% agree with not putting a season on an 18 year olds shoulders. Ideally they come in and out of firsts to develop.

that said Thurston developed into one of the best players in the game playing firsts.

Imagine if he never got a shot. With a mindset of he's too small.
100% agree with not putting a season on an 18 year olds shoulders. Ideally they come in and out of firsts to develop.

that said Thurston developed into one of the best players in the game playing firsts.

Thurston played Flegg and First Division for the Bulldogs- won the Flegg Grand Final in 2001 over the Sharks coached by Stuart and won the First Divvy in 2002- Thurston kicked the winning goal to win by two over the Dragons.

Thurston played Flegg and First Division for the Bulldogs- won the Flegg Grand Final in 2001 over the Sharks coached by Stuart and won the First Divvy in 2002- Thurston kicked the winning goal to win by two over the Dragons.
I'm hoping the game can find enough money to bring Toyota cup back. Have that stepping stone between school and Intrust.

Roosters are grasping at straws ... they've got a few injuries in the outside backs.

sounds like Copley is a we'll take what we can get scenario ... they want Coates, but we've told them to **** off as it's of no benefit to us
What benefit would releasing Copley give us? Surely he's on basically peanu.... Oh wait, Paul White still worked here when we signed him hey? Sweet, he's probably on a shitload then. Let's **** him off.

What benefit would releasing Copley give us? Surely he's on basically peanu.... Oh wait, Paul White still worked here when we signed him hey? Sweet, he's probably on a shitload then. Let's **** him off.

It’s probably more that because the Roosters are just such a nice club and everyone respects them, if they ask, you just do it and thank them for making you do it.

It’s probably more that because the Roosters are just such a nice club and everyone respects them, if they ask, you just do it and thank them for making you do it.
The top clubs picking thw scraps out of the bottom sides in preparation for the finals is honestly disgraceful. V'Landys is a fucking prize one idiot if he really believes Rugby League fans will embrace this sort of bullshit long term.

The top clubs picking thw scraps out of the bottom sides in preparation for the finals is honestly disgraceful. V'Landys is a fucking prize one idiot if he really believes Rugby League fans will embrace this sort of bullshit long term.
I kind of enjoy the chaos of it all to be honest. The rule changes suck but the scramble to pump up the top 8 roster is fun.

Each top 8 team should get assigned a bottom 8 sister team and be allowed to chose 1 player from their squad lol. That way all the marque players get air time in the finals and players like Haas or Nafauloma may actually see finals footy.

Imagine the scenes:
Storm + whoever bulldogs have
Panthers + Haas
Rabbitohs + JT
Eels + Ponga
Dragons + Walsh
Manly + Fifita
Roosters + Nafoaluma

I kind of enjoy the chaos of it all to be honest. The rule changes suck but the scramble to pump up the top 8 roster is fun.

Each top 8 team should get assigned a bottom 8 sister team and be allowed to chose 1 player from their squad lol. That way all the marque players get air time in the finals and players like Haas or Nafauloma may actually see finals footy.

Imagine the scenes:
Storm + whoever bulldogs have
Panthers + Haas
Rabbitohs + JT
Eels + Ponga
Dragons + Walsh
Manly + Fifita
Roosters + Nafoaluma
Cmon man!................Don't give the NRL ideas.......you just know there is some idiot at the NRL looking for ideas to throw out during their 'brainstorming' sessions.

Dale Copley off to the Roosters effective immediately.

How are we going to get a squad of 30 in the next 2 days, just give all the development guys a pay raise?

Probably just giving him the opportunity to play and try and secure a contract for next year.

If we don't intend to play him he'll just sit off in the background with no form to work into a new contract

At the roosters he might be thrown on the wing or centers show a bit of form and get a contract.

Whatever the case it would seem that we dont intend to re-sign him, which is a good decision I'd say

Even in the most media sport entertainment driven country in the world (USA) they still have a trade deadline in effect about halfway through the year (NBA at least, cant recall for NFL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bronx48
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Boss
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • Stix
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • TimWhatley
  • lynx000
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Culhwch
  • Pablo
  • Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.