Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would be surprised what they think of city people i.e. city people apparently don't know what stress is- once it was explained the issues of city life (traffic, congestion, amounts of people etc) they understood what is like and most agreed city life is equally stressful but for vastly different reasons.

I don't actually know the story other than what was publicly announced but anyone giving up 700k for 1 (might have been 2) year rings serious alarm bells.
Pretty sure it wasn't an issue of money and Boyd was quite correctly just looking after himself. His decisions were largely made long before Fifita was a consideration from what I know. Signings would have meant zero to Boyd.

On the outside you think they have money but the major reality is this
- the kids go to private boarding school because often there is no school within 100kms of the farm for them to attend and thus boarding school is the only option. (farmers get concessions for sending their kids to private boarding schools to help out on the tuition)
- the 60k SR5 Hilux is purchased for a reason. They are solid reliable vehicles and if your farm is remote, you need a good vehicle because if you break down in the every day bomb, 9 times out of 10 there is no reception and you might be lucky to see a car every 6 hours on the rural roads. The 2k gumtree special doesn't cut it in rural Australia. You have to spend money on a good Toyota to ensure you survive out there not just as a matter of convenience
- Farmers are always asset rich, cashflow poor. (even the old generational ones) Sure they might have 25 mill in land and assets, but you don't see the 10 mill overdraft to maintain the asset. The fact that droughts can complete ruin a farm within 3 years (you cant make it rain) is a factor a lot of people never consider and say you got rain now so be quiet when in reality one good season doesn't necessary make up for 5 bad seasons previously. Farming's a lot tougher than what a lot of people think. The fact that the land continually rises is sometimes the only way a lot of them can hold on.
Whilst I don’t think you’re wrong, I also don’t think you’re right. I guess, like parts of my own original post, it’s not fair or accurate to make blanket comments about farmers as a whole. Some are rolling in it, others don’t have 2 pennies to rub together.

But, even though everyone is enjoying the chat 🤣, I’ll leave it at that 👍

Pretty sure it wasn't an issue of money and Boyd was quite correctly just looking after himself. His decisions were largely made long before Fifita was a consideration from what I know. Signings would have meant zero to Boyd.
The titans would have just done some dodgy shit again like the done with Prince and his house. No way does Boyd just walk away from a guaranteed contract without a perk. His family farm in Cowra isn't that big and he has other siblings on the farm helping the parents out.

My original point was the excuse doesn’t pass the sniff test that he walks away from 1.4M to be a farmer, same way as Cartwright’s didn’t. It’s a bullshit and salary cheating just like Prince’s house was but nothing is done about it.

My original point was the excuse doesn’t pass the sniff test that he walks away from 1.4M to be a farmer, same way as Cartwright’s didn’t. It’s a bullshit and salary cheating just like Prince’s house was but nothing is done about it.
Didn’t they have Latu on a big salary as well? It may have finished before but wouldn’t surprise me if the NRL let them have an off the books severance package because the tits had fucked the financial pooch.

South Park Randy Marsh GIF by Much

Wasn't the thing his family farm was worth 100 times his football contract and if he kept getting injured and couldn't help on the farm it was stuffed?
If the farm makes so much money and he gets so badly injured he can't work on......

Couldn't he just pay some people to do the physical work... if this isn't suss then I have a bridge to sell you. Deadset...

If people seriously believe someone gave up $1.4 million without an argument or a penny bcos the family wanted him to work on the farm that makes 100'sx that amount yet they couldn't pay for ectra help yet they wanted him to give up on something he worked to achieve his entire adult life (play nrl) ffs there are people here more gullible and, tbh, more stupid then I thought...

The titans would have just done some dodgy shit again like the done with Prince and his house. No way does Boyd just walk away from a guaranteed contract without a perk. His family farm in Cowra isn't that big and he has other siblings on the farm helping the parents out.
From what I know Boyd left for mental health reasons above all else. I believe it was at his instigation.

Melbourne have apparently tabled a offer to B.Smith of 600k a year.
Be interesting to see if we go in a bidding way
Levi has shown what a good hooker can do in his last 2 games

Melbourne have apparently tabled a offer to B.Smith of 600k a year.
Be interesting to see if we go in a bidding way
Levi has shown what a good hooker can do in his last 2 games
Offering way under what he could get elsewhere to stay and play his non-preferred position..

This will be interesting 😏

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Maddy
  • broncs30
  • Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  • mrslong
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • BruiserMk1
  • mrtij
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.