Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
youtube highlights packages mean jack shit ...

i can make a highlights package that makes Brodie Croft look like Alfie Langer
Can you get a shot of Brodie dancing on the table in his jocks though?

I'd love to know if Paix sees himself as more of a half or hooker.
Swap Isaako for Simpkin. Better option than the other 9's that have been discussed. Out of mind out of sight for Jakey. Lots of potential
I hope we bring him back in next year a bench forward tbh after his injury. We need a bit more reliability from the bench.
definitely. would add plenty. This year all of the young forwards have improved. If Carrigan hadn't of done his knee he would have played origin. Much better than Flegler, Kennedy and Palasai. Who have all improved this year

I dont think he is and statistically it doesnt show he is, but I think Pat is a bit like Haas in that he has a bad defensive read in him when he gets fatigued.
Carrigan has some putrid defensive reads, that's what I was talking about.

Carrigan gives away too many penalties, zero offloads, zero line breaks....he's not going to trouble the opposition defenders. He's like a wishlist version of Turpin, just a tackling machine.
Who gives a **** about line breaks when talking about props?

Carrigan has no ball skills, but he is a genuinely good young prop with a lot of upside.

Carrigan gives away too many penalties, zero offloads, zero line breaks....he's not going to trouble the opposition defenders. He's like a wishlist version of Turpin, just a tackling machine.
FB IMG 16262592042282

Don't agree. We haven't seen the best of him yet under the bew regime. He was a gun coming through and with the roster next year, with some support around him he will be very good

I liked that try from Riki tonight. One for the highlight reels some might say.

Being that there are no surprise buys before 2022. Are we sending the best hooker in our squad off to England?

Reactions: Gaz
As far as Parcell's past stint goes, it was between him and Kodi. The Broncos ultimately went with Kodi due to his versatility and once Manly came knocking they couldn't compete with their offer.

Parcell wasn't horrible at Manly but with Koroisau also joining he didn't compliment the team. Barrett also didn't like him running out of dummy half which defeated the purpose.

He was a revelation in the Super League during his first season but injuries and the downfall at Leeds saw him struggle. He's been better at a revilitised Hull KR but there's a reason the majority of those highlights are against the bottom placed teams.

In regards to Niu, before the Canberra game I thought the Broncos were content with losing him. However he's one of those players who is actually playing better in the NRL than he was in the QCup (if you can believe that) and seems to be getting better with each game. He reminds me a lot of Will Kennedy and how when it comes to training, he's an absolute superstar. You can see flashes of it, but he hasn't quite put those skills to use just yet.

I think he's more on the ball than Cobbo who physically is more gifted but still very raw when it comes to playing the role. Cobbo is someone I'd like to see play the majority of next season in the NRL, but I'd also be prepared for him to start the year in reggies and have the odd stint back in grade.
Pete as for a 9 i am interested in your opinion on simpkin..from the little i have seen over the last couple of years i reckon he could be good in the right environment. can tackle and runs ok. needs to observe and passmore selectively but seems a good option at the right price

Swap Isaako for Simpkin. Better option than the other 9's that have been discussed. Out of mind out of sight for Jakey. Lots of potential

definitely. would add plenty. This year all of the young forwards have improved. If Carrigan hadn't of done his knee he would have played origin. Much better than Flegler, Kennedy and Palasai. Who have all improved this year
Fleglers stocks went up a bit tonight though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • marw
  • broncos4life
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • Pablo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.