Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m somewhat impartial to Bullemore leaving. I see potential with him definitely, but he hasn’t really been able to lockdown a spot either. I assume he’s been offered a decent upgrade and a longer term deal and we are still somewhat tight cap wise as we are still paying a big portion of lodges deal and probably overpaid on players like Flegler.

it does seem weird how many wingers and other backs we have signed though. Perhaps Isaako will be leaving which would explain his relegation despite decent form. With Mead, Arthur’s, Brenko and Perera as depth, we really don’t need Isaako as well.

I hope we get a decently experienced front rower / lock.

The club must not rate him. There's no other way this makes sense.

unless he basically told them he was gone anyway. who knows what the Manly offer was. maybe it was just way too good for him to refuse and stupid for us to match

The appeal of playing for a coach that's not going to dick him around would be big.

unless he basically told them he was gone anyway. who knows what the Manly offer was. maybe it was just way too good for him to refuse and stupid for us to match
Manly can't afford that with the way they do their cap. They have close to 4m tied up in 4 players.

This is definitely in the bad column for the new management. I don’t get it? If he was going let him go after next season.. unless we’re getting a player in return? I’m scratching my head on this one.

Reckon anyone at the club would have a sniff for Tariq Sims?

I'd assume he is on and would want far more than we can offer, but he is experienced.

We also probably don't need another back rower but just raising it as a topic of discussion.

Sucks about the Bull leaving

Reckon anyone at the club would have a sniff for Tariq Sims?

I'd assume he is on and would want far more than we can offer, but he is experienced.

We also probably don't need another back rower but just raising it as a topic of discussion.

Sucks about the Bull leaving
I shudder at the thought of a Sims in a Broncos jersey tbh. On the fence.

He got offered a good chance and he wants to take it. There is no point keeping a player who wants to take up a better offer than we can afford right now.
Is it a reflection on the club though? Not often a good player wants out of a successful club a year early:

Is it a reflection on the club though? Not often a good player wants out of a successful club a year early:

Bully hasn't been part of a successful era with us. (he's leaving before he gets to experience that in 2022)

but just on the bolded ... The Storm have had 2 players request releases recently, although they weren't granted (JAC and Brandon Smith). the Panthers also released a player a year early this year, Daine Laurie who went to the Tigpies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • The True King
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.