Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt fifita wants to come back, but if he did youd be crazy not to consider it at the right price. 600k would be great value. Yeah hes prob dave taylor v2 but you take a risk on those players. Not like he was shithouse for us when he was here anyway.

I doubt fifita wants to come back, but if he did youd be crazy not to consider it at the right price. 600k would be great value. Yeah hes prob dave taylor v2 but you take a risk on those players. Not like he was shithouse for us when he was here anyway.

Again, it isn't happening but if it did, imagine him back in amongst our amazing pack forming.

Kick returns would be epic - 1. Whoever, 2. Oates, 3. Haas/Flegs, 4. Fifita, 5. grubber into in goal.

You are aware he was like the 4th quickest player across the whole competition just last weekend right and the fastest fullback of everyone? How much faster do you want him to be?
I don’t know if that’s saying much, he’s ran down easily.

Adam Elliott has been sacked by the Dogs.

I know we've spent a lot of time trying to clean up the culture of the club this year, but.. he's a good player, and would be a significant upgrade on Hetherington at lock, if only for a 1-2 year deal on chump change. He may not have the venom that Hetherington has defensively, but he's a good ball-player, has an offload in him and makes far more metres than Hetherington.

I know we've spent a lot of time trying to clean up the culture of the club this year, but.. he's a good player, and would be a significant upgrade on Hetherington at lock, if only for a 1-2 year deal on chump change. He may not have the venom that Hetherington has defensively, but he's a good ball-player, has an offload in him and makes far more metres than Hetherington.
He can then be closer to Millie

Boo!!!

Hetherington has shown quite a bit already and even if he has second year syndrome, there's still Carrigan, Haas, Capewell and even Flegs who can fill the void, why on earth would you want to take a risk on Elliott who is an adequate forward at best? I don't care what stats say here, it would be missing a MASSIVE amount of context.

Hetherington has shown quite a bit already and even if he has second year syndrome, there's still Carrigan, Haas, Capewell and even Flegs who can fill the void, why on earth would you want to take a risk on Elliott who is an adequate forward at best? I don't care what stats say here, it would be missing a MASSIVE amount of context.
No give credit where credit is due Adam Elliot is actually a good footballer. But the reality is that our side isn’t at a stage where we can take dick heads and try to fix them, we’ve worked so hard to clean out dick heads (except Tyson but he is the good kind of dick head). If I’m the storm I’m throwing the chequebook at him since Finucane is leaving, he gets to go to a place where there is a certain amount of fucking around but there is a level of professionalism on the other side of that, which knows how to perform. That environment would suit him perfectly.

No give credit where credit is due Adam Elliot is actually a good footballer. But the reality is that our side isn’t at a stage where we can take dick heads and try to fix them, we’ve worked so hard to clean out dick heads (except Tyson but he is the good kind of dick head). If I’m the storm I’m throwing the chequebook at him since Finucane is leaving, he gets to go to a place where there is a certain amount of fucking around but there is a level of professionalism on the other side of that, which knows how to perform. That environment would suit him perfectly.
Atleast at Melbourne his fuckery wont be reported

Carrigan, Haas & Flegler are props and Capewell is an edge player.

In what world is that adequate depth at lock?

I know Hetherington is the flavour of the month circle jerk, but if you look under the hood at what he's actually providing (aside from the occasional good tackle), it's not a lot. Elliott is leagues ahead in terms of footy ability.

The only questions are A) How much will he cost, and B) Are we willing to bring in a guy with a questionable off-field history after only just getting rid of Lodge & Pangai Jr.

I doubt that Donaghy & Ikin go down that path, but there's some serious value to be had if someone can get him for cheap and keep him off the grog. It'll probably be the Storm or Roosters, as per usual.

Carrigan, Haas & Flegler are props and Capewell is an edge player.

In what world is that adequate depth at lock?

I know Hetherington is the flavour of the month circle jerk, but if you look under the hood at what he's actually providing (aside from the occasional good tackle), it's not a lot. Elliott is leagues ahead in terms of footy ability.

The only questions are A) How much will he cost, and B) Are we willing to bring in a guy with a questionable off-field history after only just getting rid of Lodge & Pangai Jr.

I doubt that Donaghy & Ikin go down that path, but there's some serious value to be had if someone can get him for cheap and keep him off the grog. It'll probably be the Storm or Roosters, as per usual.

Hence the MASSIVE amount of context mentioned - both those questions the answer is easily A. too much (anything above 100k is) and B. How quickly are we going to forget how much of a bad influence Lodge and TPJ were? We finally get a likable team with FAR less idiots and you want to bring a huge one in?

Atleast at Melbourne his fuckery wont be reported
Because no one will know who the mad streaker is running around in Victoria

streaking will ferrell GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BooKhaki
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Spoon
  • bert_lifts
  • mystico
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • The Don
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.