Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't be true even if you keep saying it, because statistics exist.

If you want to see average, check out Hetherington's numbers when starting at lock this season. It's been one of my biggest points of confusion this season, the amount of praise and hype that Hetherington gets. He's strong defensively, there's no denying that. He's also good at being in the right place at the right time on occasion. But in terms of every other aspect, he's about as bog average as you can be as a starting 13. Low work rate, terrible post-contact metres, literally didn't throw an offload this season, no ball-playing to speak of, busted 9 tackles in 14 games.

Can one of his fans explain why they think he's so good? Is it simply that he hits hard?
He's not great but we need what he provides far more than what Elliot brings. A hard hitter in defence creates doubt in the opposition.

We don't need a metre eater with a poor attitude off the field, it's as simple as that...

It won't be true even if you keep saying it, because statistics exist.

If you want to see average, check out Hetherington's numbers when starting at lock this season. It's been one of my biggest points of confusion this season, the amount of praise and hype that Hetherington gets. He's strong defensively, there's no denying that. He's also good at being in the right place at the right time on occasion. But in terms of every other aspect, he's about as bog average as you can be as a starting 13. Low work rate, terrible post-contact metres, literally didn't throw an offload this season, no ball-playing to speak of, busted 9 tackles in 14 games.

Can one of his fans explain why they think he's so good? Is it simply that he hits hard?

And statistics dont tell the whole story either lets not forget. Your eyes are a much better judge of a player.

I dont think Elliot is anywhere near as good as you make him out to be, but i dont think he is anywhere near as bad some others are saying he is either. I would still only sign him very, very cheaply on a one year deal with one in our favour and stick him in ISC for 12 months on top of that. He's not worth good money, and he isnt worth the risk.

I'm with UB on this one.
He's not done anything actually illegal, he's just a bit of a bell end. Strict conditions, no drinking, and he'd be a worthwhile risk on a low money short term deal.

Being away from Sydney means he won't have whoever his shit friends and influences are so he has every chance to turn things around.

I don't want to drink at your pub.

Pretty sure walking around the pub nude and putting your nads in a schooner glass is illegal.

I went to school with Curtis Scott and played at endeavour sports high in the rugby league program aswell. Curtis is a good person just has a fiery temper. He was never the most talented but he worked extremely hard. One of the hardest trainers I have ever seen. When he went to storm even Bellamy credited him his debut based on how hard he works. I’d have him at the broncos to be honest.

I don't think anyone questions his work ethic or ability ... it's what happens when he is off the field and on the piss that's the issue.

Him and Staggs going out together could be disastrous for us
I question his ability. He sucks. Look how many defensive games he has where you think he might be hooked. Another bloke living off his time in Melbourne, who has proven to be average outside of their system. Add on top of that, he appears to be a scum bag on the beers.

I don't want to drink at your pub.

Pretty sure walking around the pub nude and putting your nads in a schooner glass is illegal.
It's a while ago but wasnt it a private team only function and some jermalist took photos hiding out in a bush? They weren't even visible to the general public

It's a while ago but wasnt it a private team only function and some jermalist took photos hiding out in a bush? They weren't even visible to the general public

Elliott and then-teammate Asipeli Fine plead guilty in court to charges of wilful and obscene exposure. They had been secretly photographed celebrating Mad Monday at a hotel in The Rocks, and were later charged by police.
The pair appeared at Downing Centre Local Court today, where Deputy Chief Magistrate Jane Mottley said they had suffered enough reputational damage from the highly publicised incident.

"You have exacted enormous reputational harm on yourself, your club and your code," Magistrate Mottley said.

"Fine, you are regarded as a humble, well-mannered man who has clearly made a mistake.

"Adam Elliot, you have a habit of making poor decisions, inflicted by alcohol.

"Adam Elliot, you have a habit of making poor decisions, inflicted by alcohol."

It's pretty sad honestly. He's got the same bug as guys like James Roberts & Ben Barba, as do many other Indigenous Australians. Despite it repeatedly getting them in strife, despite it likely having an extremely detrimental effect on their childhoods and their development, they always end up with a drink in their hand.

Don't really wanna start a psychological debate around nature v.s. nurture, but I dare say the types of environments that these guys grew up in may have been one that involved a lot of heavy drinking and subsequent neglect / abuse.

I hope for his sake that it doesn't go further down the Ben Barba path. Once they're away from footy that's when it can really go downhill. These guys need footy a lot more than they realise.

I don't think any of those guys pashed on with their mates missus at 4:00am whilst drunk. A bit different comparing that to someone who repeatedly beats women, like several of these guys have.

I understand that you're saying there's plenty of repeat offenders out there, but we're sort of comparing apples and oranges in terms of the types of incidents, and therefore character of the blokes involved.
Also, only 2 of those players have DV incidents that are publicly known. The rest are just drunk idiots.

Just a random one, has the club confirmed we signed Billy Walters, don't they have an official announcement, tried looking but couldn't find it

Just a random one, has the club confirmed we signed Billy Walters, don't they have an official announcement, tried looking but couldn't find it
Dunno if there was an official one by the club but there was a quip the other week by Kev that Billy would come in and be captain.

Dunno if there was an official one by the club but there was a quip the other week by Kev that Billy would come in and be captain.
Captain? I read an article the other day that expressed Kevs desire to see Billy become supreme overlord of the Broncos.

I reckon if we have a spare tenner in the bottom drawer, we could do a lot worse than chuck it Benji Marshall's way, knowing full well he'll retire mid-season and join the coaching staff:

“I feel great, my role at South Sydney is one that I really enjoy. Don’t have to play 80 minutes each week, I come on and could be in any position. On the weekend, I came on at centre and that play we put on was a Ben Hornby special, so I can’t claim it, it was something he wanted us to put on. Reno (Adam Reynolds) actually called it so he’s claiming it as well. I just had to kick it.”

“I actually feel okay at the moment but there’s still a few weeks to go and no one’s really rang up and asked me. So when there’s not options, there’s no options. But I feel okay, I’ll probably decide at the end of the season. I don’t think I’ll be on the phone this time. I’ve come to South Sydney this season to hopefully finish on a premiership. If it does go that way that’ll be great but… if the body feels okay I might still play but honestly I don’t know at the moment. I just feel lucky I’m with a good side that’s in a good position to make a good run at the premiership. And there’s still a few weeks to go but we’ll be doing everything we can to get there.”

McHunt

It's been confirmed.

I think they are saying right now that Billy will be seen as a utility option at first. (I think they are only saying this so that it seems like no favouritism is there)

I honestly believe that Billy could be our best option at 6. His passing game and organising looks much more crisp than Gambles.

I'll be happy for Kelly to get first shot at the 6 and let Gamble/Walters battle it out in Q Cup.

If Reynolds and Kelly were down injured I'd be more than happy watching and supporting

6. Gamble
7. Walters

It's been confirmed.

I think they are saying right now that Billy will be seen as a utility option at first. (I think they are only saying this so that it seems like no favouritism is there)

I honestly believe that Billy could be our best option at 6. His passing game and organising looks much more crisp than Gambles.

I'll be happy for Kelly to get first shot at the 6 and let Gamble/Walters battle it out in Q Cup.

If Reynolds and Kelly were down injured I'd be more than happy watching and supporting

6. Gamble
7. Walters
Yeh i think i called it when it was reported that Billy has signed I wouldn't be surprised if we see him start at 6 with Reynolds. Especially since we resigned Paix as well who is also utility.
I guess time will tell

Yeh i think i called it when it was reported that Billy has signed I wouldn't be surprised if we see him start at 6 with Reynolds. Especially since we resigned Paix as well who is also utility.
I guess time will tell
Billy Slater suggested in commentary he would do that so we could keep Staggs in the centres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Culhwch
  • mrslong
  • Broncosgirl
  • cento
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
  • Skathen
  • kman
  • Fozz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.