Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we didn’t want to cough up that much for him to partner Reynolds? I dunno if that was a smart play, Milford with all responsibilities off him to just play eyes up footy for 300k…
Yeah Milf looked great toward thee end of the year might make a few of us look silly next season. We will see

And we didn’t want to cough up that much for him to partner Reynolds? I dunno if that was a smart play, Milford with all responsibilities off him to just play eyes up footy for 300k…

makes sense considering he didn't even play remotely good footy until the final 3 games of the season (a month or so after he signed with Souths).

after his 0 out of 10 game against Melbourne (and that really is being kind), even his biggest supporters didn't want him to play for us again

I don't see it that clear cut personally, up until he had signed with Souths Milford had not given any solid case to be back in first grade or re-signed and it was only afterwards signing with Souths and some injuries did Milford have any motivation to give a good impression to his new club, I'm not so convinced that if Milford hadn't signed with Souths he would have had the same motivation or drive to reproduce that. As for Milford(and remember he was asking for 600k around at one stage to be re-signed) having all the responsibilities off him that isn't the case, as good as Reynolds is whoever is at 5/8th will have to provide more then just a running game.

That said I can't say Ashley Taylor would be a better choice between the two either. Personally my priority is a fullback or a hooker.

makes sense considering he didn't even play remotely good footy until the final 3 games of the season (a month or so after he signed with Souths).

after his 0 out of 10 game against Melbourne (and that really is being kind), even his biggest supporters didn't want him to play for us again
Yeah that game was so horrible, I was also in the **** him off corner after that effort!

I mean if this rumour is true about Taylor and at base wage I don’t hate it.

Yeah that game was so horrible, I was also in the **** him off corner after that effort!

I mean if this rumour is true about Taylor and at base wage I don’t hate it.

If all it takes to get him back is base wage, then i'm actually surprised the Titans didn't offer him a contract. It's not like they are flush in the halves depth department. I mean they used Peachey at 6 for the last part of the season.

I'm a fan of Taylor, he has a high ceiling under the right environment with the right coach. Kevvie as coach and Reynolds as a mentor could resurrect his career. I personally think he has shown more than Milford over the last couple of years (although Milford didn't set the bar very high)

If all it takes to get him back is base wage, then i'm actually surprised the Titans didn't offer him a contract. It's not like they are flush in the halves depth department. I mean they used Peachey at 6 for the last part of the season.

I'm a fan of Taylor, he has a high ceiling under the right environment with the right coach. Kevvie as coach and Reynolds as a mentor could resurrect his career. I personally think he has shown more than Milford over the last couple of years (although Milford didn't set the bar very high)
My concern is doesn’t he have shot hips or something? He’s another player who suffered from overpayment and the pressure that comes with that crushing them to their knees, much like Milford.

I'm happy with signing Ash on a low price deal for a year.
As he is at the moment if a couple of the halves go down injured or suspended he's a really good depth option.

I'm with you as a fan he has bucket loads of talent just never been in the right environment to kick on with it. Titans put massive pressure on him being as young as he was on that contract with no real high quality person around to mentor or help him to progress his game.
He seemed to play abit more free when Fogarty came and played well with Sexton. Reynolds is levels above them and could teach him alot.

Unless Kevvie bites down and makes Kotoni five-eighth out of the season gate, it looks like 2022 will be another year of musical halves. If Staggs remains in the centres, Gamble with be 6. No question. With Albert next in line. Neither are premiership winning halves, but they can get us into the finals.

If Staggs does play 6, then Gamble will go to the bench, and be fashioned into an impact dummy half. Where he'll be a revelation. I'll be banging on about this a lot more, getting told to shut up, and then it will happen. You heard it here first. Again.

I'll go back to my corner now.
I’ve thought this myself, backing it 100%.

Gamble is a six. He isnt going to be an impact bench player, he isnt a hooker and i doubt at this stage in his career he can be manufactured into one. He's just a player who offered something we didnt have this year in that he was just all effort and did his job just like when Turpin got in people loved him basically because he wasnt Macca but then the more he played the more his deficiencies showed. You can get away with it in some positions, but i dont believe you can in the spine.

I still think if he can fix up his discipline then the 6 shirt is his for the taking next year.

I'm happy with signing Ash on a low price deal for a year.
As he is at the moment if a couple of the halves go down injured or suspended he's a really good depth option.

I'm with you as a fan he has bucket loads of talent just never been in the right environment to kick on with it. Titans put massive pressure on him being as young as he was on that contract with no real high quality person around to mentor or help him to progress his game.
He seemed to play abit more free when Fogarty came and played well with Sexton. Reynolds is levels above them and could teach him alot.

Even when the pressure was off Taylor (by the time he'd been written off as a superstar and people were seeing if he was at least serviceable) he was still shit, and seemed to show a poor attitude. Worse still, he got a fair amount of grub in to his game, not in a Gamble "competitive" way, but a Luai-like arrogant manner. He's wrecked physically and mentally, do not want.

I hope he gets a chance. If his heads in it then I'm on board. What he earns is unimportant to me. Always thought he might fully develop later in his career.

Rather have kept Milford

Yeah, pretty much. Unless Milford already had his mind set on going, why not offer him the 1 year minimum wage deal? For all of his faults, he still shits on Taylor from a great height.

I hope he gets a chance. If his heads in it then I'm on board. What he earns is unimportant to me. Always thought he might fully develop later in his career.
lol.

Lachlan Lewis and Billy Walters should both be given train and trial deals. Let them play Q Cup and earn a spot in the squad. At least then Billy can avoid the nepotism comments

If Taylor was available at base wage or close to, we’d be stupid not to sign him, it’s a risk worth taking at that low a price. Anything over 200k, nope.

I generally agree but..................I'm old and cranky.

We let him go to take up an opportunity, we did him a solid and then asked him to come back and repay the favor and he turned his back on us to fill his pockets with cash..............the footy gods say fark him and no thanks.

Anybody that chooses the Titans over us for cash should never be welcome back.

Can someone confirm that Taylor's major issue is that he has arthritis or is playing without cartilage in his hip joints and is unable to train regularly as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Lurker
  • theshed
  • teampjta
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.