Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall people discussing about Marty Taupau when it was reported that he is free to leave, just to bring it back, do you think we might have a play for him. I think him and Hass will be amazing together. Just my thoughts
I don’t think it will happen and it’s probably one of those things that we look back in and feel glad it didn’t but I do like the idea.

Also pick a club that doesn’t have a bunch of back rowers.

no quotes from anyone. like you first i've heard of any rumour about Kikau possibly coming to us.

just says that they can reveal we won't be making a formal play for Kikau when able to in November.

then goes on to say we've already signed Kurt Capewell, for next season and have back-row young guns Brendan Piakura, Jordan Riki and TC Robati coming through, so we can‘t afford Kikau.

this whole portion of the article would have been instigated by Badel to get a story. they would have asked Ikin about an in demand player ... got the response they already knew they would get ... and Bob's your uncle!

Badel reckons Staggs has gone cold on five-eighth - at least for now - with Gamble and Kelly fighting it out to partner Reynolds.

Also the Broncos aren't interested in Kikau.

And Ben Ikin had this to say about Hetherington:

“Kobe reminds me a lot of Jake Trbojevic. I see it in his defensive technique. Like Jake, Kobe has a classic hit-and-drive technique. When Kobe hits, you stay hit and like Jake he has the capacity to play before the line or in the line."

“I love watching Kobe play. He is adaptable, he can play in the middle or dummy half, he has a passing game, skill, brains and he can play as tough as any forward if required. If Kobe is half as committed and driven as his old man (Jason Hetherington), he will go places. From what I have seen so far, he has all those traits, he is setting himself up for a very solid NRL career.”
Kikau? This is an all new level of bullshit from Badel, he has outdone himself. I hear we also aren’t interested in Russell Wilson either, you heard it hear first Pete.

Yeah no thanks to Kikau. If he was worth anything tangible the Panthers wouldn't be letting him go, especially now that Capewell is gone

Thank God we arent interested in Kikau, I personally think he's one of the most overrated players.
I think we've only just scratched the surface with Kobe, I read somewhere he played in the halves abit in his juniors (could be completely wrong) but feel as though he's got a massive ceiling and a player that will really kick on next season.

Be interesting to see how Kelly will go with a proper preseason under his belt alot fitter and trimmed down. Be a good battle with him and Gamble for the 6 both bring something different to the table.
And I'd have Herbie playing outside of Staggs at this stage those 2 could form a lethal combo on that side.
Rather Cobbo outside Staggs and keep Herbie on the other side.

Where did this talk of kikau come from?

no thanks
There’s been speculation the Panthers will have to offload Kikau because he won’t fit under the cap. Badel says you can rule the Broncos out as a candidate. That’s the entire story, which was covered in one sentence.

If cobbo is played as a centre or winger, i think he would be better on the left as he naturally carries the ball in his left hand and has a pretty handy right hand fend.

This would mean he would be better suited to playing on the left. Fending off defenders on the inside with his right and having a flick pass available to the winger (if he were to play centre) using the left hand carry.

Completely agree with Ezra Mam but I think James has become a bit of a bust. We got other halves coming out of school that will drop James down the pecking order big time.

Who's coming though?

Only reason I'd go Cobbo left centre and Herbie right wing is Herbie can still play his same game from the wing and Cobbo playing outside of staggs I just don't think we'll see as much of what he is capable of from the wing. Also Cobbo might be able to set Oates up abit better.
But either way I'm happy.. who knows one might even be the fullback yet.

I've read elsewhere Taylor's hips are shagged out and basically bone on bone, if that's true he's not even worth a minimum wage spot. Save it for a halfback with working legs.

Ah , that explains the weight gain and why he doesn`t threaten the line anymore .

Kikau? This is an all new level of bullshit from Badel, he has outdone himself. I hear we also aren’t interested in Russell Wilson either, you heard it hear first Pete.
It's a hard no from me on Russell Wilson, wait , who's Russell Wilson?

I’m the best around. Nothing's gonna ever keep me down.
LOL

Don't forget to;
Fight ‘til the end
Cause your life will depend
On the strength that you have inside you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Browny
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • phoenix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • bb_gun
  • Painin the Haas
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Jazza
  • Kev_Guz
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.