Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see zero signs of Teri having alcohol abuse and mental health issues, shit choice for a comparison. You seem to have missed my point.
Oh sorry, I didn't know you hung out with Tesi to see those signs.

Pat is a prop. Stop this lock nonsense.

I have spoken.
Correct. Look at the top 8 teams’ locks almost none of them are the traditional prop like Patty.

Storm: Smith
Panthers: Yeo
Rabbitohs: Murray
Manly: J Trbo
Roosters: Radley
Eels: Brown (prop)
Knights: Watson
Titans: Tino (prop) Peachy off the bench

I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the bottom 8 is full of teams playing props at lock: Josh Jackson, Jack De Belin, Twal, Flegler, etc

You’d be tempted to throw a cheap 1/2 year deal at Peachy just based how important quick ball playing locks are in the modern game. Even Albert Kelly looks like he’s happy to take hit ups, is it worth the experiment ?

Correct. Look at the top 8 teams’ locks almost none of them are the traditional prop like Patty.

I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the bottom 8 is full of teams playing props at lock: Josh Jackson, Jack De Belin, Twal, Flegler, etc

You’d be tempted to throw a cheap 1/2 year deal at Peachy just based how important quick ball playing locks are in the modern game. Even Albert Kelly looks like he’s happy to take hit ups, is it worth the experiment ?
Hell Taumololo went from best lock in the game to complete garbage with the rule changes too. Definitely want a more playmaker type lock these days.

I said a little while ago about Kelly playing that 14 in the similar way to peachey.. but it would also mean the 9 would be playing 80 or close too but it would add that extra attacking threat so you could nearly go Turpin at 9 and Kobe start at 13 and fill in 9 if Turpin gets gassed.
Kobe could have the ability to be that 13 with Turpin going there when Paix comes on. We've only scratched the surface of Kobe and I think Turpin has played some of his best footy when he was playing in the halves.
There are a few options within the squad that could potentially work.

And I did not realise you are actually Nostradamus, so I guess we are even.
I've commented on his ability as a footballer, after watching him play football.
You've commented on his likelihood of him abusing alcohol and suffering from mental health, by watching him play football.

Notice the difference?

So you believe Kobe is a superior player, not a superior hooker. So picking him at hooker is purely because he is an overall better player? I think that's a really flawed way of picking a side.

And you are worried about making Tesi Niu, who is lucky to be in first grade, happy? You're willing to select an inferior side just to keep a kid happy who arguably shouldn't be in the side? That is such a weak minded way of looking at things.

"well this guy should be in reserve grade, but I think we should pick him anyway just in case it upsets him and he wants to leave the club in 2024"

Sharks have been pretty open in saying McInnes has been signed to play 13, I belive McInnes even said he knows he is playing lock, as they have Brailey. Finucane will play prop when he is fit.
Niu needs to have confidence from the coach.. a lot of things go into making a player "happy" and playing well.

Yucky, I don't like McInnes at lock. Did they say he was 13 for them after they had signed Craig Fitzgibbon and Finucane? Or before?

Is latrell really that good of a fullback though… I think he should be a centre… Two years running he has had a rookie fill in his spot come the end of the season and do just as well as he did… I think the side is way better balanced with him at centre
Latrell is an awesome fullback.. He can shift back to centre in a few years when he's lost some pace / needs to conserve his body.

I think Taaffe will play halves next year. Milford should not be a walk up start.. Especially after his recent mishap

Hell Taumololo went from best lock in the game to complete garbage with the rule changes too. Definitely want a more playmaker type lock these days.

That would more because teams have figured out how to stop him and Payten just isn’t a very good coach.

Big, mobile forwards are valuable with the rule changes but not when they aren’t used the right way.

That would more because teams have figured out how to stop him and Payten just isn’t a very good coach.

Big, mobile forwards are valuable with the rule changes but not when they aren’t used the right way.
Agree. It hasn't been Taumalolo's fault.. The coaching and squad management has been horrible.

To unleash the best in Lolo (and any lock for that matter).. you need a couple of decent props barging up the middle and loosening up the defence.

I'm not a fan of Jordan McLean.. He's been below average since leaving the Storm.

Taumalolo was also unlucky with injury this year, two consecutive broken hands,

Riki reminds me of Tino. Maybe we should turn him into a middle forward soon-ish and start Piakura on the right edge.

Thoughts on this?

Riki reminds me of Tino. Maybe we should turn him into a middle forward soon-ish and start Piakura on the right edge.

Thoughts on this?
I was thinking about this the other day, I see riki far more versatile on the bench, where as everything I’ve read on here about piakura is he’s an out and out edge forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • pennywisealfie
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rah88
  • Financeguy
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.