Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill have to check Zero tackle shortly, as im now intrigued what their take is on the freight we are paying this year?

And as BroncosFan said, how that affects the 2023 cap for us?
Zero tackle are pathetic with the cap numbers and years. Always totally wrong

I'm still not sure why Drinkwater re-signed with them... I'd be giving him a tap on the shoulder to see if he's interested in either the 6 or 1.

I'm pretty sure he's even a left footer so would work on that left side with Reynolds on the right
Yeah it's a really strange one by which he has to wait 3 years to crack the halves because I think once you pick Dearden for Rd.1 you have to stick otherwise you start making the same mistakes we did with his development. Following that they have finally reverted back to Hamiso at fullback. Really leaving Drinkwater with no entry into that side any time soon. His form and his reputation as such a dangerous player this should not be the case. I see why Cowboys have done it for the long term but you can't expect a comfortable NRL starter to stick around with 15 minutes off the bench likely out of position or worse q-cup. He has earned the right to say get fucked you led me on and I'm of NRL quality. I'd be trying to get rid of Isaako to the Eels and at worst striking a loan deal for him. Regardless of whether he comes to us or not he well and truly should be trying to find another club. Why re-sign him knowing his quality if your intentions were to go and sign two halves. One who is now your marquee spine player and the other who is a 20 year old who won't tolerate playing reserve grade. 100% need to get him here or even somewhere else as a big Drinkwater fan. Hopefully he doesn't see this as an I'm not good enough thing and runs off to Super League. His defence is a little scratchy but so is just about everyones halves and about 50% of fullbacks. His attack is amazing and needs to be ELSEWHERE.

We do need more talent - especially in the spine (as many have pointed out), but I think the bigger issue is that we can't rely on big signings to come in and improve this team.

We need to improve the team as a whole - improve the systems, the structure we play with, the strategies the squad understands and implements effectively. Even good players look like rubbish in a team which lacks structure and cohesiveness, and on the flip side, average players not only look good but also develop into great players by being elevated by the play of those around them and the success of the team system.

We could sign Ponga tomorrow, but he cannot change the trajectory of this team alone. All 13 players on the field have to be doing their part and working together to guarantee success and while elite spine players may cover for a lot of deficiencies, there's others that they cannot.

The disparity in talent across the teams isn't nearly as big as many believe - it's about putting what talent you have in a position to succeed and creating an effective team system / dynamic. There's a reason the Storm and Roosters can pick up off-casts from other teams (Brenko Lee, Morris twins etc etc) and they look instantly better than previously - it's not that their squad has more talent, it's just they're putting their players in a position to use their talent to benefit the team.

I honestly believe we need a new coach who can achieve this far more desperately than we need any more marquee signings.
who's this magical unicorn coach you speak of ?

who's this magical unicorn coach you speak of ?

For the sake of privacy let's call him Anthony S... No that's too obvious, let's say A. Seibold.

... but actually, I don't know.

I am not a huge ponga fan. Would cost an absolute tonne and would throw out any sort of cap balance. I think he is icing on a cake, when we are looking for the flour for it at a reasonable rate

They are under contract but I would be interested either drinkwater (but I dont see that happening) or CNK. Canberra appear really into xavier savage so it may be possible to offer to buy out CNK'S contract. He is only reportedly on 330k. He runs the hard yards, has high involvement, defends well but can also finish the backline movements.

Canberra may be interested in a swap for one of our back-up halves.

Thoughts on blake taafe? He may fill our fullback problem, as I believe nui is not our long-term option and Cobbo is more of a centre

Thoughts on blake taafe? He may fill our fullback problem, as I believe nui is not our long-term option and Cobbo is more of a centre

What makes you think Souths would let him go?

That's not how I remember it. I recall us making an offer, but it was about the 300k mark, and then the Sharks went ape shit with a huge offer and he took it up immediately. Could be way off, but that's how I think it happened.
From what I recall his asking price was about 300k what we offered him when he was playing off the bench then Pap's got injured and he hit a real purple patch of form

If we lose cobbo after 2023 (hopefully not) and nui isnt cutting it at fullback, I would also look at dane laurie.

The kid was a gun in a shit team and would be awesome in a team where he had some other players to work with and would not break the bank. He is reportedly on 300k now and contract ends at the end of 2023.

If we lose cobbo after 2023 (hopefully not) and nui isnt cutting it at fullback, I would also look at dane laurie.

The kid was a gun in a shit team and would be awesome in a team where he had some other players to work with and would not break the bank. He is reportedly on 300k now and contract ends at the end of 2023.
If Cobbo doesnt re-sign by halfway this year, I'm ringing Walsh and saying welcome back

If Cobbo doesnt re-sign by halfway this year, I'm ringing Walsh and saying welcome back

I would be asking the question to Walsh regardless. After all, he'll be either at us or the Dolphins in '23, so why not just put in an enquiry.

Why are people calling for Mozer, he's at least a couple of seasons away, we cannot ruin the future of our younger players because what we have currently isn't good enough

I'd be considering Laurie now ...

I'd also be on the phone to Scott Drinkwater when he loses out to Dearden for the 6 jumper. I think he'd look good wearing a Broncos jumper with the number 1 on it

I'd also be on the phone to Scott Drinkwater when he loses out to Dearden for the 6 jumper. I think he'd look good wearing a Broncos jumper with the number 1 on it
I agree though he also had the most missed tackles last season

We should have signed Drinkwater when they signed Dearden and done an immediate swap. He is an NRL quality 1.

Well no offence but just use some fucken logic please. In what world is a mid contract Laurie getting released. Not any. Drinkwater is a different story but seriously I hope because we signed Reynolds and Capewell we don’t go back to the unrealistic days when we used to have Smith, Munster and Tuivasa-Sheck in the same predicted line-up for like a 2023 rebuild. Not trying to be a dickhead or a **** even though it probably came across as that way I just don’t see the point in mentioning it let alone indicating the club should act upon it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • levikaden
  • broncsgoat
  • ezpz
  • Culhwch
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Dexter
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.