Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was of course the "small" hurdle in the fact that he had little to no interest in moving to QLD.
That’s not entirely true. He was desperate for a starting spot and would’ve taken the broncos offer. We only missed out because Cronulla joined the race late on and it was then an obvious choice for him.

As @Kooly87 said, had we acted earlier we likely could’ve got him for far less than then the Sharks offered. All the reporting at the time was that Hynes to the broncos was a done deal until the Sharks came to the table.

That’s not entirely true. He was desperate for a starting spot and would’ve taken the broncos offer. We only missed out because Cronulla joined the race late on and it was then an obvious choice for him.

As @Kooly87 said, had we acted earlier we likely could’ve got him for far less than then the Sharks offered. All the reporting at the time was that Hynes to the broncos was a done deal until the Sharks came to the table.

Pretty hard for it to be a done deal when we never made him an official offer.

Pretty sure DD Said at the time that while we had discussions Hynes made it clear his preference was to move to Sydney to be near his family.

Now, if no Sydney club came to the table, of course he would have come back to us but he is too talented to have no offers from Sydney.

And this is why the reporting is that, precisely the way that people always react. Even if there is slight interest they will always report ‘it is a done deal’ because it’s a win win. If the player actually does sign they were right, if they don’t it’s ‘another fuckup by the Broncos’ so they can write more articles for people to lap up.

I don’t think I ever read Hynes was basically a done deal. It was always that the Broncs’ are interested.

I do remember reading Smith was a done deal to Brisbane before he retired despite him never actually even receiving an offer.

You might aspire to be more like me, imperfect and able to accept it.
Ha, ha and ha
It would be great if you were able to accept others for being imperfect.
I would call that a Huge improvement. 🙂

I don’t think I ever read Hynes was basically a done deal. It was always that the Broncs’ are interested.

I do remember reading Smith was a done deal to Brisbane before he retired despite him never actually even receiving an offer.
We were always in the running for Hynes, but once the Sharks came in and we found out he’s a surfer, it was all over.

Everyone got trolled by Smith. The Broncos played dumb insisting he wasn’t returning their calls. He was more linked to the Gold Coast, iirc.

19. Scott Drinkwater

Time for Kevvie to pick up the phone ... would be a good fullback for us IMO
I still cannot understand why he re-signed with them after they bought Townsend & Dearden. There were other clubs chasing him.

Drinkwater is the type of player we need at 1.

I believe the issue was that Drinkwater didn't want to play fullback, he wanted to play in the halves and the Broncos couldn't offer that.

I believe the issue was that Drinkwater didn't want to play fullback, he wanted to play in the halves and the Broncos couldn't offer that.
Neither can the Cowboys. If the choice is between fullback and Q Cup, maybe he'll reconsider.

Why not? He’s far better than our current 6 options outside of Mam’s yet to be fulfilled potential.

I think Drinkwater would likely take a season at 6 and a season at fullback and reassess his career options from there rather than a season in cup and possibly either career wasted spending to much time establishing yourself at different clubs or your playing super league. He is an established nrl player and has to move and play in a team that represents it.

19. Scott Drinkwater

Time for Kevvie to pick up the phone ... would be a good fullback for us IMO

Kevvie: “G’day Scotty how’s it going?”

Drinkwater: “I’m under contract”

End of conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• teampjta
  • Mr Fourex
  • heartly87
  • Tristan1990
  • eggstar10
  • mitch222
  • davidp
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Jason Simmons
  • Bucking Beads
  • maddo
  • Dexter
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Swordfish
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.