Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no offence but just use some fucken logic please. In what world is a mid contract Laurie getting released. Not any. Drinkwater is a different story but seriously I hope because we signed Reynolds and Capewell we don’t go back to the unrealistic days when we used to have Smith, Munster and Tuivasa-Sheck in the same predicted line-up for like a 2023 rebuild. Not trying to be a dickhead or a **** even though it probably came across as that way I just don’t see the point in mentioning it let alone indicating the club should act upon it.

a) I had no idea when he was off contract until 10 seconds ago

b) you don't wait until players are off contract to consider them, otherwise a team like the Roosters swoops in under your nose.

c) if Zero tackle is correct and he is on 300k for this season and next he is being under paid

I thought the whole reason drinkwater re-signed at the cows was to play 6?

I thought the whole reason drinkwater re-signed at the cows was to play 6?

it was ... but now it looks like he may not get that opportunity

Dearden played well the other night but I still reckon Drinkwater is their preferred choice next to Townsend

it was ... but now it looks like he may not get that opportunity
The odd thing is Drinkwater re-signed AFTER cows had signed the Chad and Dearden.

He would've known his position in the starting team was questionable moving forward, but happily re-signed.

As soon as they signed Dearden I was hoping we would go hard for Drinkwater, but he re-signed not long later... just seemed odd, or maybe I'm just used to Broncos retention where it's played out in the media for months and the player manager is talking to every club in the NRL.

He's from NSW so has no real ties to North Qld and he had already shown a willingness to move in order to get a shot (Melbourne first and then Cows).

Why are people calling for Mozer, he's at least a couple of seasons away, we cannot ruin the future of our younger players because what we have currently isn't good enough
Regrettably agree. You need a wise head who can tackle hard at hooker. That doesn't usually come straight out of high school no matter how good they were at that level. Let's see how he copes in the QCup.

Who is calling for Mozer right now?

Well no offence but just use some fucken logic please. In what world is a mid contract Laurie getting released. Not any. Drinkwater is a different story but seriously I hope because we signed Reynolds and Capewell we don’t go back to the unrealistic days when we used to have Smith, Munster and Tuivasa-Sheck in the same predicted line-up for like a 2023 rebuild. Not trying to be a dickhead or a **** even though it probably came across as that way I just don’t see the point in mentioning it let alone indicating the club should act upon it.
The Tigers wouldn’t even release an at the time injured and essentially useless to them Billy Walters to us.

On what fucking planet are they going to say “Yeah sure, you guys can have Dane Laurie before his current deal ends. We’ll go and help him pack.”

The Tigers wouldn’t even release an at the time injured and essentially useless to them Billy Walters to us.

On what fucking planet are they going to say “Yeah sure, you guys can have Dane Laurie before his current deal ends. We’ll go and help him pack.”

We'd do that because...well I don't know why we do that.

That's the land of Bronco fans thinking we get whatever we want, when we want it, like it's the mid 90's all over again.

It's not reality, the reality is we came 3rd last in 2021, last in 2020. There's no quick fix here, players don't want to come here for a pie and a coke anymore. We don't have rights to other clubs promising players and if we do, we're paying huge dollars. Anthony Milford comes to mind, Jack Bird, etc.

I think Hynes turns out to be a dud this year. He's definitely better than all of our options at 1 and 6, but I don't think he lives up to his price tag, and glad we didn't try and outbid Sharks. Lockyer was right when he questioned the value of a player leaving the Storm system, one of the very few things he's done well while on the board.
Lol he signed for 400k or something. He’s going to turn out to be the buy of the year you watch.

Lol he signed for 400k or something. He’s going to turn out to be the buy of the year you watch.

All reports I saw, and a quick google search just gave more info to back this up, was 3 years 1.8million.

Yeah @Evander, where did those figure come from? Everything I read was at 600k+ a year.

Think you’ll find it’s quite a bit more than that. The point still stands though that if we’d acted more decisively we could well have paid much closer to what you’re suggesting if we hadn’t waited for him to go on an absolute golden run first.

It’s not even like it was a huge gamble for us at the time because our other Fullback options were and largely still are precisely **** all.

$400k is what we apparently offered him from memory. Which would’ve been huge if it worked out.
Unless I’m hugely mistaken we didn’t even offer that until he’d already exploded and was fielding offers miles above that mark.

Think you’ll find it’s quite a bit more than that. The point still stands though that if we’d acted more decisively we could well have paid much closer to what you’re suggesting if we hadn’t waited for him to go on an absolute golden run first.

It’s not even like it was a huge gamble for us at the time because our other Fullback options were and largely still are precisely **** all.

There was of course the "small" hurdle in the fact that he had little to no interest in moving to QLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Culhwch
  • Dexter
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • Griffo
  • Lurker
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.