Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I am also not really all the keen on Drinkwater and I am also really happy to persist with Niu. I just fee like he has a lot of tools (like Isaako did), the issue will be whether it can all click for him (like Isaako didn't).

I like Drinkwater at 1, i think he is a better fullback than 6 but he seems to want that 6 shirt.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Would you rather him or Drinkwater at fullback ?
that's dependent on what it would cost , but I believe Drinkwater sees himself as a half anyway so it maybe a non-event.
either way I'd prefer walsh than Drinkwater and tesi has only played 22 games so he definitely deserves more time.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
I don't think Niu is our long term fullback, he is just all over the place under the high ball, his best games in attack for us were at centre, but he was also woeful in defense.

I think Drinkwater is a step up on both Niu and Isaako.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
According to NRL on Foxtel they spoke to the Broncos who said "he wasn't first choice in any position he plays" and the Broncos are saving some 5% which we can spend next year, in essence 105% .

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
According to NRL on Foxtel they spoke to the Broncos who said "he wasn't first choice in any position he plays" and the Broncos are saving some 5% which we can spend next year, in essence 105% .
Saving 5%?

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Dobbo has come out and said Herbie wants to remain a Bronco and reckons he is worth $700000-$800000..
What's the price you pay for Herbie?
Not 700-800k…I would think half that based on our needs.

unfortunately for Herbie one of our highest paid players is also a centre and we would be better off having a Brenko Lee in the centres and put the other 500k that Herbie wants into a fullback or hooker.

I like him though and hope we find a way to keep him…just not at 800k

MrRobot

MrRobot

NYC Player
Jul 21, 2017
Saving 5%?
They stated that the Broncos (probably Ikin) told Kent we are only required to spend 95% of our cap. As long as we do that, anything we don't spend we can add to next year's cap.

They also said we don't need to replace him in the top 30 if we don't want to because of the timing of him leaving.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Staggs is on about $700-750k a year and he isnt worth that, so i cant see Herbie getting that even at the Phins. I'd be looking at no more than $400k. We really have to stop handing these younger players who have achieved very little in the scheme of things big contracts. Its not like he has been constantly excelling week in week out. He's potentially a good player, he isnt there yet. I'd hope we let him walk if he is chasing huge money. We cant carry 2 centers that take up around $1.4-1.5 million a year of our cap. Thats just madness.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021

and i am probably Herbies biggest fan in here ...
Not 700-800k…I would think half that based on our needs.

unfortunately for Herbie one of our highest paid players is also a centre and we would be better off having a Brenko Lee in the centres and put the other 500k that Herbie wants into a fullback or hooker.

I like him though and hope we find a way to keep him…just not at 800k
I think it's a tough one I definitely wouldn't go 700-800k for another centre but if he's dishing out what he done against the dogs week in week out how can you pay him any less than Staggs who has half the input but can create a highlight every couple of weeks on his day and are you going to get the same input as Herbie from another 400k centre or a centre like Brenko on say 150k less.
700-800k would be for a decent fullback Herbie has probably everything apart from ball playing to be that decent fullback.. sign him for 1 year at 500k get some dedicated fullback coaching into him and see If he's that 700k fullback maybe

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
They stated that the Broncos (probably Ikin) told Kent we are only required to spend 95% of our cap. As long as we do that, anything we don't spend we can add to next year's cap.

They also said we don't need to replace him in the top 30 if we don't want to because of the timing of him leaving.
The relationship between Isaako and the club must be pretty bad if they’re willing to move him on to get $50k extra on the cap next year and play with 1 less top 30 players this year.

Equally for Isaako, to go to a titans team with stacked backline depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • thenry
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.