Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
400k for Herbie, maybe max out at 425k. But that’s it imo.
Aren’t we paying Reyno around 700k? So how has Dobbo come to the conclusion we should be paying that or even more for Herbie?
I still think we overpaid for Staggs but in saying that, I didn’t want to see him any other colours.
Cobbo will want 500-600k also.
But, I now have the faith that we won’t be overpaying for blokes moving forward. I think it’ll be a situation where DD & Ikin say we want you to stay so here is our offer, if not, all the best.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
The relationship between Isaako and the club must be pretty bad if they’re willing to move him on to get $50k extra on the cap next year and play with 1 less top 30 players this year.
Equally for Isaako, to go to a titans team with stacked backline depth.
Yeah, you would think that Dave and Ikin have the greater good in mind on this choice.

Hope it is also effectively explained to the player group if they are unsettled by it…last thing we want is some “who’s next” mentality

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Dobbo has come out and said Herbie wants to remain a Bronco and reckons he is worth $700000-$800000..
What's the price you pay for Herbie?

Yeah yeah, Dobbobux again.

I rate Herbie as a winger but not a centre. So I'm valuing him as an elite winger. Better than average. Not far off top 10, maybe even top 10.

Melbourne is paying Xavier Coates, an Origin winger ~ $425k. He's not the very best in comp, but he's firmly in the top ten. Rumour has it Brisbane were willing to pay more, maybe even up to $500k. Is Herbie worth more than Xavier? I don't really think so.

Neither have great ball skills. Xavier is better at scoring tries. Herbie is a better defender, kicks goals, can play centre and might even transition to fullback. Xavier is faster, but Herbie's not far behind.

I'm rating Herbie slightly less than Xavier, but I'm sure many here would rate him higher. I wouldn't bid much more than $400K.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
No club is paying Herbie more than $500-550 at the absolute most imo. Dunno where Dobbo gets this crap from.

It’s laying the ground work to put the boot in once he re-signs and of course we will have cap trouble etc. It’s pathetic journalism.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
On another note, how nice is it to hear from others he wants to stay! This isn’t a Coates situation where he says it himself but it implies Herbie has been saying it privately as others are saying it. We’re definitely on the road back..

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The relationship between Isaako and the club must be pretty bad if they’re willing to move him on to get $50k extra on the cap next year and play with 1 less top 30 players this year.

Yeah, you would think that Dave and Ikin have the greater good in mind on this choice.

Hope it is also effectively explained to the player group if they are unsettled by it…last thing we want is some “who’s next” mentality
5% of 9.6M is 480k not 50k, come on Financeguy this should be your thing lol.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
It’s laying the ground work to put the boot in once he re-signs and of course we will have cap trouble etc. It’s pathetic journalism.
Dobbo has been pretty bankable at repeating whatever Kevvie's been telling him, but walk away when he starts dropping numbers. He's in the clouds.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
On another note, how nice is it to hear from others he wants to stay! This isn’t a Coates situation where he says it himself but it implies Herbie has been saying it privately as others are saying it. We’re definitely on the road back..
I might be wrong about this, but I didn't think Xavier lied about wanting to stay. I thought he got the shits with the way the club undervalued his best buddy Tommy Dearden, and their surrogate family, the McCulloughs.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
400k for herbs, not a penny more. we have mariner already sniffing and you just know some fuckwit of a club will try and offer him heaps to pry him from us.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel is saying 5 other clubs with offers "in excess of $500k" for Herbie.

Newscorp understands:

"NRL suitors are armed with three-year offers worth $500,000 a season"​

Ikin:

“Herbie has advised us he wants to wait until round four to begin negotiations and we have respected that request. It depends how much the other clubs will be prepared to bid for Herbie, but he’s a guy we want to keep. We have a number of good young players coming off-contract and ideally you want to keep all the players you feel are an important part of what you are trying to build."​
“We understand there are market forces out there that impact what you are trying to do. That’s what happens in an industry governed by the salary cap. Herbie is a very good NRL player. He is a terrific ball runner, every week and every season he continues to play, he keeps learning and growing. He is right at the start of his journey and he is showing us a lot of good stuff. I have no doubt there will be a whole host of clubs looking to have a crack at him.”​

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
Badel is saying 5 other clubs with offers "in excess of $500k" for Herbie.

Newscorp understands:

"NRL suitors are armed with three-year offers worth $500,000 a season"​

Ikin:

“Herbie has advised us he wants to wait until round four to begin negotiations and we have respected that request. It depends how much the other clubs will be prepared to bid for Herbie, but he’s a guy we want to keep. We have a number of good young players coming off-contract and ideally you want to keep all the players you feel are an important part of what you are trying to build."​
“We understand there are market forces out there that impact what you are trying to do. That’s what happens in an industry governed by the salary cap. Herbie is a very good NRL player. He is a terrific ball runner, every week and every season he continues to play, he keeps learning and growing. He is right at the start of his journey and he is showing us a lot of good stuff. I have no doubt there will be a whole host of clubs looking to have a crack at him.”​
Let him go. 350 Max. He is not in the elite centres in the comp. We keep giving these young players opportunities before they are at the level of performing week in week out and they turn around and cash in when they finally bear fruit. Let him walk

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016

and i am probably Herbies biggest fan in here ...
Nah I think I've got you convered, my crush for Herbie is only just beaten by love for lane

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I love what herbie brings, and he will keep getting better, but I really think he’s expendable when we have Cobbo who could shift to the centres next year and Mariner who should eventually end up there - both with probably higher ceilings than herbie. I think we let him go & put the money toward retaining the other two long term.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015

Equally for Isaako, to go to a titans team with stacked backline depth.
I mean they are getting more than $50k in the cap. Probably $200k+

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
I might be wrong about this, but I didn't think Xavier lied about wanting to stay. I thought he got the shits with the way the club undervalued his best buddy Tommy Dearden, and their surrogate family, the McCulloughs.
He left for Bellamy. He met him and he wanted an experienced coach who has developed so many greats. That’s why he left and that’s totally fair enough. What rubbed me the wrong way is how a week or so before he signed with storm he’s saying he wants to be a bronco for life and never going anywhere etc. he’s a flip flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
  • Lostboy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.