Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Let him go. 350 Max. He is not in the elite centres in the comp. We keep giving these young players opportunities before they are at the level of performing week in week out and they turn around and cash in when they finally bear fruit. Let him walk
My logic is, Oates was on $500-600k. I’d let him leave before herbie and Herbie can go to that wing if need be. Isaako was also on $450k+ I believe. So surely they can balance it out to get it to work.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Herbie is worth 450k easily. He's a solid all rounder and a 7-8/10 every week.

You don't let players like that go, they're the foundation of successful teams.

I'd go anywhere up to 500k gladly, above that would sadly be a walk away.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Herbie’s biggest concern is how much we paid Staggs. Hard to justify another fat wage centre
I get that, and there is an argument against paying your centre pairing 1.2m, but Herbie could potentially (and I maintain should) transition to fullback where he'd be a bargain at 500k or less.

I tend to look at salary cap as an average, 10m/30 players = 333k each. Is he worth more than 1/30th? Absolutely.

If we need to cut wages, Oates is a good start, do a Melbourne and find a budget winger and bench player or two to balance the cap every year.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Too much too soon. Prime Corey Oates was 500k. He’s not prime Corey Oates. 300 for another yr.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I get that, and there is an argument against paying your centre pairing 1.2m, but Herbie could potentially (and I maintain should) transition to fullback where he'd be a bargain at 500k or less.

I tend to look at salary cap as an average, 10m/30 players = 333k each. Is he worth more than 1/30th? Absolutely.

If we need to cut wages, Oates is a good start, do a Melbourne and find a budget winger and bench player or two to balance the cap every year.
Josh Ado Carr is on $500k and Herbie isn’t JAC. He may definitely be worth $500k but doesn’t mean paying him that much is best for the team. Hope he stays though, I’m a big fan.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Josh Ado Carr is on $500k and Herbie isn’t JAC. He may definitely be worth $500k but doesn’t mean paying him that much is best for the team. Hope he stays though, I’m a big fan.
Only argument against JAC is he isn't versatile, he's just a winger and is fairly low-ish workrate.

Herbie can play anywhere 1-5.

But it's a fair point. Is JAC the ceiling for a winger, or did the Dogs simply score a good deal?

I wonder what To'o is on. He'd be the closest to Herbie in terms of playstylr, high workrate, strong all rounder, no ballplaying skills.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021

I think even cutting Oateys wage but keeping him, I think Oates himself would admit he's not his former self and pricetag.
If he was a fullback he would be racking up 200m+ he would be up in the top tier in that department, even at centre I believe his metres are above average for a centre.

Only argument against JAC is he isn't versatile, he's just a winger and is fairly low-ish workrate.

But it's a fair point. Is JAC the ceiling for a winger, or did the Dogs simply score a good deal?

I wonder what To'o is on. He'd be the closest to Herbie in terms of playstylr, high workrate, strong all rounder, no ballplaying skills.
To'o also I couldn't see him anywhere other than the wing tbh, Herbie is also a great goal kicker.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I've never heard of a winger being paid more than JAC

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
400k, get it done. Manu probably re-signed at Sydney for the same.

Manu is on 400k on the cap 320k in brown paper bags so 720k total

In 2021 Manu played 23 games in a winning side, 84.76% tackle efficiency, 10 tries 40 points in total, 7 try assists, 12 line breaks, 3253 running metres averaging 141m a game.

Herbie played 20 games in a loosing side, 84.62% tackle efficiency, 3 tries 11 goals 34 points in total, 7 try assists, 11 line breaks, 2906 running metres averaging 145 a game.

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
My logic is, Oates was on $500-600k. I’d let him leave before herbie and Herbie can go to that wing if need be. Isaako was also on $450k+ I believe. So surely they can balance it out to get it to work.
I'd let all three go. If they want 450+

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013

JAC might not play multiple positions but he does his job at an elite level and can win games with his speed that others cant

Blindside Bronco

Blindside Bronco

Broncos Fanboy
Oct 17, 2019
Farnworth for 3 years
$550k -$500k -$450k

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
With Turpin on the outer could we see Walters at 9 with Mozer off the bench next year, which would swap and Mozer at 9 and Walters at 14 when Mozer finds his feet? Mozer would have a full QRL season under his belt and having him start from the bench would ease him into first grade

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
With Turpin on the outer could we see Walters at 9 with Mozer off the bench next year, which would swap and Mozer at 9 and Walters at 14 when Mozer finds his feet? Mozer would have a full QRL season under his belt and having him start from the bench would ease him into first grade
Paix will be next man up. Mozer shouldn’t be rushed in. If he is playing well he may get the odd call up late in the year. Would be good to get Mozer and Mam in the same Cup team.

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
Well as clearly set out on the weekend, Herbie can win games with his speed as well?
He's not as fast nor as consistent as Addo Carr. In saying that he doesn't play on the wing, which I agree with others is his better position.

I also think his steal was a penalty but he got away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Stix
  • Rowdy124
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Xzei
  • Dexter
  • Harry Sack
  • Bronco bob
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Mighty Bronx
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jeza23
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Seibs
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.