Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
God Milford was good at times… I do wish we had him at 6 with Reynolds.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Why... we have players who can do just as good of a job, but with a much better attitude

And a kid coming through who plays like him but seems to have a much, much better attitude.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015

Surprisingly about 21 tries off a centre or centre play - Reed, Kahu, Moga, Glenn, Farnworth, Bird

But geez Corey has scored some awesome tries over the years.

I know his last years were bad but ffs prime boyd was probably the best ball playing fullback I've ever seen. His pass selection and accuracy of whatever choice he made was almost indefensible in the 20m zone.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I know his last years were bad but ffs prime boyd was probably the best ball playing fullback I've ever seen. His pass selection and accuracy of whatever choice he made was almost indefensible in the 20m zone.
I think a few on here just assumed his last year was bad and really didn't watch his contribution closely. He had a pretty good last year in a team going terribly. It was unfortunate that he was chopped and changed. Of course I know what people will say about his last season but it won't stop them being wrong.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I think a few on here just assumed his last year was bad and really didn't watch his contribution closely. He had a pretty good last year in a team going terribly. It was unfortunate that he was chopped and changed. Of course I know what people will say about his last season but it won't stop them being wrong.
I think he still had good moments, but that doesn't mean you're playing well.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I think he still had good moments, but that doesn't mean you're playing well.
That's fair enough. After all it's just opinions. I just think a lot on here were hurt by his poor form in the previous year and the teams last place on the board. I simply looked at his efforts with a 'new year new day' outlook and discarded all prior efforts. I believe he tried his guts out and had much better form than given credit for.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That's fair enough. After all it's just opinions. I just think a lot on here were hurt by his poor form in the previous year and the teams last place on the board. I simply looked at his efforts with a 'new year new day' outlook and discarded all prior efforts. I believe he tried his guts out and had much better form than given credit for.

I agree with you but as you mentioned, I think some people were just understandably scarred from his previous 2 seasons of absolute trash. He had set the bar so low that anything less than a TTurbo '21 season would never have been enough to change opinion.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Just watching that Oates video again, man so many good memories and really nice to see him with that bounce again after scoring which went missing for a couple of years. I really hope we keep him and he is a one club player, I can't imagine seeing him in another jersey.

But some of the really memorable tries:
- Cape Elgey (my all time favourite)
- The intercepts (all of them)
- Especially the Souths intercept where he carried Walker 20+ metres to the line
- The crashing over tries
- The legendary put downs where he generally slides with his head

He's a true legend. I tell you what, look at the last few minutes of that video, Niu has a LOT to like in attack. Don't give up on him yet.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Just watching that Oates video again, man so many good memories and really nice to see him with that bounce again after scoring which went missing for a couple of years. I really hope we keep him and he is a one club player, I can't imagine seeing him in another jersey.

But some of the really memorable tries:
- Cape Elgey (my all time favourite)
- The intercepts (all of them)
- Especially the Souths intercept where he carried Walker 20+ metres to the line
- The crashing over tries
- The legendary put downs where he generally slides with his head

He's a true legend. I tell you what, look at the last few minutes of that video, Niu has a LOT to like in attack. Don't give up on him yet.
I enjoyed the 4 he got against manly gave Brad Parker nightmares and if I remember correctly he was pretty close to getting 5.
Definitely needs to be a one club player

One thing I did notice about Tesi in the last game is his attack has straightened up alot which creates room for the outside men and makes the defenders have to commit to him.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Kent:

“I spoke to the Broncos today and I asked why they would even let Isaako go and they said, No.1, he wasn’t their first choice in any of the positions that he plays. Second to that, under NRL rules you have to spend 95 per cent of your salary cap. But if you only spent, for example 95 per cent, then that extra five per cent you can spend next year."​
“So it means the Broncos can spend 105 per cent next year in their cap. What that then enables them to do is they have the likes of Selwyn Cobbo and Herbie Farnworth, who are all starting to come off contract again. They can upgrade those blokes and the guys that they have got to prioritise to keep at the club, they have got to have a little bit of cash up their sleeve. Given he has left after Round 1, he doesn’t have to be replaced in their top 30. They don’t have to find a 30th player again so that’s money saved.”​

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Kent:

“I spoke to the Broncos today and I asked why they would even let Isaako go and they said, No.1, he wasn’t their first choice in any of the positions that he plays. Second to that, under NRL rules you have to spend 95 per cent of your salary cap. But if you only spent, for example 95 per cent, then that extra five per cent you can spend next year."​
“So it means the Broncos can spend 105 per cent next year in their cap. What that then enables them to do is they have the likes of Selwyn Cobbo and Herbie Farnworth, who are all starting to come off contract again. They can upgrade those blokes and the guys that they have got to prioritise to keep at the club, they have got to have a little bit of cash up their sleeve. Given he has left after Round 1, he doesn’t have to be replaced in their top 30. They don’t have to find a 30th player again so that’s money saved.”​

if true its very shrewd and smart thinking by ikin and dd especially the part of waiting till after round 1 so they dont have to replace him with any one that would chew up cap space.

the only thing now is there going to look silly and be hammered by media if niu, cobbo (assuming hes second choice)and mead all are out for long periods of time and we have no one to put back there

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
if true its very shrewd and smart thinking by ikin and dd especially the part of waiting till after round 1 so they dont have to replace him with any one that would chew up cap space.

the only thing now is there going to look silly and be hammered by media if niu, cobbo (assuming hes second choice)and mead all are out for long periods of time and we have no one to put back there
Farnworth could give it a crack too, and I reckon Alby would have a dig if worse came to worse. Once you’ve gone through 4 options most clubs would be screwed.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Farnworth could give it a crack too, and I reckon Alby would have a dig if worse came to worse. Once you’ve gone through 4 options most clubs would be screwed.
Also through TMM into the mix, other options that you'd accept for a game back there like Gamble or Mam they wouldn't be great but you know that there not in the position to stay and so you could accept it for a game but that's absolute worse case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • Shane Tronc
  • Old Mate
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Santa
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • TimWhatley
  • phoenix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Robboi_321
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.