Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sanjit Joseph

NYC Player
Oct 21, 2017
EDIT: Please don't copy paste articles for copyright reasons.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Removed copyright quotes.

No way Pete!

Great signing, great bloke.

Kurt is a great trainer, and Penrith credit him with turning around players work ethic. He isn't pampered; he got his shot late in his 'football life' and had to have two goes at ISC- ended on 53 games and 28 NYC games- so isn't part of the childhood prodigy generation.

Our kick offs will improve too. I hope Kevvie lets him take them because he's a great kicker of the ball.

Training will improve. Attitude will improve and football sense will improve- Kurt made his ISC debut on the wing at 18- never played wing before and scored two tries. Ben and Shane sold it to him all week.

Ben and Shane make their first signing through Ikin. Matty Parcell next?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
wouldn't say thats a great highlights package
Better than you'll find for Billy Walters, Corey Paix, Tesi Niu, Herbie Farnworth, Tyson Gamble, Selwyn Cobbo, etc. He's pretty fucking good at try assists.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
His last 2 games for Hull have been really good, but his been a bit dissapointing over the last few years. He started well at Leeds then fell away and got his moved to Hull. He's been decent but not great.

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
His last 2 games for Hull have been really good, but his been a bit dissapointing over the last few years. He started well at Leeds then fell away and got his moved to Hull. He's been decent but not great.
Upgrade on Turnip though?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Better than you'll find for Billy Walters, Corey Paix, Tesi Niu, Herbie Farnworth, Tyson Gamble, Selwyn Cobbo, etc. He's pretty fucking good at try assists.
would cost alot more too and has played plenty more games than all of those players.
I'm not saying that he's bad but are there better options like walsh that would be better to chase , he's been dropped for Dearden so that's a statement in itself.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
would cost alot more too and has played plenty more games than all of those players.
I'm not saying that he's bad but are there better options like walsh that would be better to chase , he's been dropped for Dearden so that's a statement in itself.
I'm just saying he seems to have become the Cowboy's Isaako. I haven't studied his overall form but I've always seen him as a threat in games and he certainly looks like a handy ball player, with a superb passing game. Something our back line lacks. I'd swap Gamble for him in a heartbeat. But maybe I'm missing something Payten can see. Probably.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Wouldn't bother me if they did ... I actually hope they did.

We're better off investing in Paix and Mozer

Pretty close mined opinion especially when you have never watched Mozer and have no idea when he will be ready- Parcell would require little investment and could fill the void between now and Mozer potentially playing which the Broncos need.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I'm just saying he seems to have become the Cowboy's Isaako. I haven't studied his overall form but I've always seen him as a threat in games and he certainly looks like a handy ball player, with a superb passing game. Something our back line lacks. I'd swap Gamble for him in a heartbeat. But maybe I'm missing something Payten can see. Probably.
i guess it depends how Walters goes and how gamble is used, but it's all down to value in these fringe players. unless you bring him in to play fullback (which i don't think he likes) then I think it's a waste of money. but that's just my opinion

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
Pretty close mined opinion especially when you have never watched Mozer and have no idea when he will be ready- Parcell would require little investment and could fill the void between now and Mozer potentially playing which the Broncos need.
Thats how I see it. A modest 2 year deal would be perfect. Mozer is still very young and would benefit greatly from a season or 2 in ISC.

Parcell either plays well enough to warrant a starting role or still be decent enough depth should we require it. He also has experience which neither Paix or Mozer have.

Any chance that's what they freed up the Isaako money for?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Thats how I see it. A modest 2 year deal would be perfect. Mozer is still very young and would benefit greatly from a season or 2 in ISC.

Parcell either plays well enough to warrant a starting role or still be decent enough depth should we require it. He also has experience which neither Paix or Mozer have.

Any chance that's what they freed up the Isaako money for?
If we signed him I wouldn't be handing him a 2 year deal. One year deal is about right then see how he goes. I wouldn't be against it but again, I wonder how many people have actually been watching him play over the last 3 or 4 years or are they basing their opinions on him from when he was here 7 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Maroon4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Santa
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • TimWhatley
  • phoenix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Robboi_321
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.