Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mum-the-meatloaf

Mum-the-meatloaf

QCup Player
Dec 6, 2019
Do people think we will ever see gamble back in the team bar injuries?
Walters has started great and is a good utility but jeez I was excited to watch Paix a bit more.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
If we signed him I wouldn't be handing him a 2 year deal. One year deal is about right then see how he goes. I wouldn't be against it but again, I wonder how many people have actually been watching him play over the last 3 or 4 years or are they basing their opinions on him from when he was here 7 years ago.

It's the exact type of singing the Broncos haven't been good at for a while and the exact type of signing Ikin loves. If you got an experienced, hooker to play 30 games over the next two years and pay him 200k you'd be a brilliant.

Parcell is low maintenance, intelligent and has a great relationship with Ikin and Capewell and Kevvie.

I'd roll the dice on that everytime.

Tim K

Tim K

QCup Player
Oct 7, 2018
TBH, I was all about Parcell after I saw him play his first few games for the Broncos. I thought he was going to be special. Pretty disappointed how it all turned out and I forget why he actually left Bris. Maybe Macca was just an immovable force. So is till have some feels that would like to see him back on a 12 month contract Judy to see how he can go.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
It's the exact type of singing the Broncos haven't been good at for a while and the exact type of signing Ikin loves. If you got an experienced, hooker to play 30 games over the next two years and pay him 200k you'd be a brilliant.

Parcell is low maintenance, intelligent and has a great relationship with Ikin and Capewell and Kevvie.

He has started this year off a lot better than I have seen him in the past few. He's been very erratic and had no real consistency in his performance. It would be a pretty low risk signing in the scheme of things.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
2 years at a low price like 200k would be a no brainer, unless his form has gone absolutely down the tubes. I can't say I've seen him play in a very long time but presumably the club would be smart enough to get a bead on where he's at now rather than just watching tapes from 2015.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Totally agree but what are the chances he comes for 200k? Surely the Dolphins will outbid as they really need this type of player too.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
He has started this year off a lot better than I have seen him in the past few. He's been very erratic and had no real consistency in his performance. It would be a pretty low risk signing in the scheme of things.

Kelly went over to the UK for five years and came back and got a deal and I am 100% sure that Parcell is more professional than Kelly. No way Parcell comes back over weight, with hamstring problems.

Kelly has turned it around. He's probably a great example- cheap on the cap, needed some work but having an impact and if you get games out of him and he's influencing games then you're laughing.

The Parcells and Kellys are the exact players you need to find and buy to win comps.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Totally agree but what are the chances he comes for 200k? Surely the Dolphins will outbid as they really need this type of player too.

Think you could easily do it, he's an engineer he can work doing something else to make money- if you want to finish in the NRL and come back and end your career with 50 NRL games and answer some questions hey 200k is what we have?

Capes can sell it to him.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Kelly went over to the UK for five years and came back and got a deal and I am 100% sure that Parcell is more professional than Kelly. No way Parcell comes back over weight, with hamstring problems.

Kelly has turned it around. He's probably a great example- cheap on the cap, needed some work but having an impact and if you get games out of him and he's influencing games then you're laughing.

The Parcells and Kellys are the exact players you need to find and buy to win comps.
Kelly's form in Super league was generally better than Parcells form overall tbh. Agree though, I don't see Parcell coming back out of shape. Still not convinced I'd sign him but wouldn't be against it either on the right deal

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I might be going off a wee bit early (*Nothing changes said my missus) but the way Alby Kelly is shaping up it looks like the Broncos management team have pulled off a bit of a Melbourne Storm play. i.e. signing a player on a train and trial deal and getting him back up to speed to produce some fantastic games for us while we search out (Mam) our new spine. Skip Walters is another really good cut-price signing that we are getting quality work from.

With an expected bumper home crowd on Sunday I expect us to finsih over the top of the Cows and as I said earlier I expect Walters to score.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Chinese RSL lunch informant is adamant we are losing Turpin. Same sauce says Haas will go to Roosters by 23 and thinks will be asking for a release end of this season. Sauce has no info on Herbie, apparently North of the border doesn't like talking to him unless its WB.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Do people think we will ever see gamble back in the team bar injuries?
Walters has started great and is a good utility but jeez I was excited to watch Paix a bit more.
Only if there's an injury in the next 6 weeks. Ezra will jump him in the queue after that.

I'd almost be inclined to shop him if there are offers. Same with Paix, to be honest.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Chinese RSL lunch informant is adamant we are losing Turpin. Same sauce says Haas will go to Roosters by 23 and thinks will be asking for a release end of this season. Sauce has no info on Herbie, apparently North of the border doesn't like talking to him unless its WB.

I feel like this is fairly well common knowledge / expectation to be fair to your sauce...he's clearly no soy sauce.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I feel like this is fairly well common knowledge / expectation to be fair to your sauce...he's clearly no soy sauce.
He 100% wouldn't be here if he didn't have that player option

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
so how does he know about Haas and Turpin ? Are they not north of the border 🤔

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Chinese? I though Buzz was more into Thai.

Reactions: 007
the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Tell sauce that Haas can ask for a release tomorrow if he wants as my tomato sauce says there’s no way in hell DD & Ikin would allow Haas to walk until his contract is up.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
If Haas does indeed want to leave, then I hope he does.

We really only want players at the club who want to be there, no matter how good they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • mitch222
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Fozz
  • Alec
  • MasterWright
  • LittleDavey
  • Organix
  • broncos4life
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • BooKhaki
  • Dexter
  • Fatboy
  • Tim K
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Browny
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.