Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If Haas does indeed want to leave, then I hope he does.

We really only want players at the club who want to be there, no matter how good they are.
Nah screw that. Melbourne doesn't let players leave early, we shouldn't either.

Need to be completely selfish, just like the Roosters and Melbourne. It works for them.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Nah screw that. Melbourne doesn't let players leave early, we shouldn't either.

Need to be completely selfish, just like the Roosters and Melbourne. It works for them.
Good in theory, but they’ve got a couple of things we don’t. Or at least, not anymore.

They’ve been very successful lately so they've got the appeal of winning a premiership before you leave.

They've also got coaches that have built an accountability of never letting your mate down. We had Seibold dribbling shit no one could understand and Boyd, Milford, Glenn and Co. setting examples to our players.

Walters is trying to create something now, but he didn’t get a preseason in 2021 and then spent the first half of the year doing 3 peoples jobs, so he hasn’t really had a chance yet.

It’s always the struggling clubs that fail to recruit or keep the players they want to. Unfortunately, whilst we used to be one of powerhouse clubs, we haven’t been for a number of years, so we’ve got to pay our dues again.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Good in theory, but they’ve got a couple of things we don’t. Or at least, not anymore.

They’ve been very successful lately so they've got the appeal of winning a premiership before you leave.

They've also got coaches that have built an accountability of never letting your mate down. We had Seibold dribbling shit no one could understand and Boyd, Milford, Glenn and Co. setting examples to our players.

Walters is trying to create something now, but he didn’t get a preseason in 2021 and then spent the first half of the year doing 3 peoples jobs, so he hasn’t really had a chance yet.

It’s always the struggling clubs that fail to recruit or keep the players they want to. Unfortunately, whilst we used to be one of powerhouse clubs, we haven’t been for a number of years, so we’ve got to pay our dues again.
Hopefully it doesn't come to him asking for a release.

If he somehow ends up at the Roosters next year I'll just about be fucking done with NRL.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017

If he somehow ends up at the Roosters next year I'll just about be fucking done with NRL.
Oh I totally agree. It’s farcical how easily players can agitate for a release and seemingly end up at the same few clubs 9/10 times.

Outside of extenuating circumstances, I think players should honour their contract, as should clubs.

But unfortunately, that ship has long and truly sailed and we’re left with the musical chairs we’ve got now, with the Roosters in charge of the boom-box.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021

I hope we put 50+ on the roosters in both games this season.
Payne will stay if we are a contender (he's got no excuse not to stay anyway) and flogging the team he's most likely to go to is a start

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I hope we put 50+ on the roosters in both games this season.
Payne will stay if we are a contender (he's got no excuse not to stay anyway) and flogging the team he's most likely to go to is a start

It doesn't matter if he already has a handshake deal with Politis because while an actual written contract wasn't enough for SBW to stay at the Dogs, a handshake deal with Uncle Nick bought him back from rugby. And this is the guy in Haas's ear.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Funny story but I actually met Buzz on Bangla Road in like 2016 when I was living in Thailand. He was there with his family. I asked him to unblock me on Twitter and he did but I only lasted like a month before getting blocked again haha
He loves blocking people lol

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Oh I totally agree. It’s farcical how easily players can agitate for a release and seemingly end up at the same few clubs 9/10 times.

Outside of extenuating circumstances, I think players should honour their contract, as should clubs.

But unfortunately, that ship has long and truly sailed and we’re left with the musical chairs we’ve got now, with the Roosters in charge of the boom-box.

Thats the big thing, getting all parties to do it. We have dumped a heap of under contract players recently. Its hard to complain at players wanting to break their contract if we are going to decide we are going dump players who dont suit us anymore.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Pretty close mined opinion especially when you have never watched Mozer and have no idea when he will be ready- Parcell would require little investment and could fill the void between now and Mozer potentially playing which the Broncos need.

not really.

yeah admittedly I haven't seen a great deal of Mozer.

but i do watch a bit of the Super League and i've also been keeping my eye on Paix. and now we also have Billy Walters who isn't a bad stop-gap back up or utility.

sure, if you could get Parcell for minimum wage, of course you'd take him (maybe a change will do him good and he'll surprise some people) but otherwise we should be looking to the future. unlike the likes of Reynolds, he wouldn't be a massive upgrade on what we've currently got, actually IMO he wouldn't even be an upgrade at all

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
I think mozer is still further away than people think. Hooker is a hard position and he really needs to get used to playing against men on a regular basis before cracking first grade.

Grant debuted when he was 21-22 years old, after a couple seasons in isc (including dominating in 2019).

Reed mahoney debuted younger but we are seeing him still struggling with injury due to the tough week in, week out demands.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I think mozer is still further away than people think. Hooker is a hard position and he really needs to get used to playing against men on a regular basis before cracking first grade.

Grant debuted when he was 21-22 years old, after a couple seasons in isc (including dominating in 2019).

Reed mahoney debuted younger but we are seeing him still struggling with injury due to the tough week in, week out demands.

Oh, I agree and i have no issue developing Mozer in the ISC for a couple of years yet ... the question is would Parcell be an improvement on the likes of Paix and Walters ... I don't think he would be

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Thoughts on drinkwater? He was starting to look good at the back end of last season, once he got past the dropsies.

He was really good on Saturday night for Mackay. Looked fast and had a hand in Mackay's first three tries and scored one- took on their general play kicking both long and short.

He was back to his 2018 ISC form at the back.

Edit- 14 runs, 140m, two try assists, one line break assist, five tackle breaks.

He was sharp.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
He was really good on Saturday night for Mackay. Looked fast and had a hand in Mackay's first three tries and scored one- took on their general play kicking both long and short.

He was back to his 2018 ISC form at the back.

Edit- 14 runs, 140m, two try assists, one line break assist, five tackle breaks.

He was sharp.
So that’s a yes? 😂

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I would swap him for Gamble, Roberts, Mead, James or Niu. Maybe even a combo of two.

He looks exactly what we want.
Shame Ikin has stated we are happy with the guys we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • dasherhalo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • leon.bott
  • Harry Sack
  • Rambstien
  • sooticus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.