Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given his self-confessed dislike of us, this smells of an attempt to set up a bidding war.
Mahoney would be an amazing pick up but this absolutely stinks of simply driving prices up.
Not him, but his father, but still, **** it, we don't want this stinking up the shed when it comes time to sing the team song:

Not him, but his father, but still, **** it, we don't want this stinking up the shed when it comes time to sing the team song:

I don’t really care that much. I’ve hated the storm for years but if I had a son who signed there I’d get over it pretty quickly.

it’s far from the same regime that overlooked him as a 15 year old, I’m sure Dave, Ikin, and Kev can sell the club to basically anyone and what hooker wouldn’t want to be the guy playing behind Haas and passing to Reynolds. That’s a pretty sweet gig for a number 9. Easiest job in the world.

Im only concerned about his reoccurring injuries and size.

I don’t really care that much. I’ve hated the storm for years but if I had a son who signed there I’d get over it pretty quickly.

it’s far from the same regime that overlooked him as a 15 year old, I’m sure Dave, Ikin, and Kev can sell the club to basically anyone and what hooker wouldn’t want to be the guy playing behind Haas and passing to Reynolds. That’s a pretty sweet gig for a number 9. Easiest job in the world.

Im only concerned about his reoccurring injuries and size.
Good luck with that theory. His father isn't anti-Bronco because of that. He's a rusted on Broncos hater. If he wants to make his father proud, he won't do it playing for the Broncos. He's a terrific player, but let's find someone who doesn't come with this baggage.

Yeah not sure on where I sit with Mahoney. Has openly said he isn’t a fan of the Broncos. Smells like his manager trying to up his $.
I’d be suprised if he doesn’t end at the expansion club.
I also don’t want to see us lose Mozer. I expect he will be ready to debut in the next couple of years, so if he is seen as our long term, what is the point of Mahoney? the only 9’s I’d 100% happily take right now/2023 is Grant or B.Smith.
Turps/Paix could do until Mozer is ready imo. I think Paix could give 9 a real shake if he has a big pre-season.

Good luck with that theory. His father isn't anti-Bronco because of that. He's a rusted on Broncos hater. If he wants to make his father proud, he won't do it playing for the Broncos. He's a terrific player, but let's find someone who doesn't come with this baggage.
They were 2 seperate points. I was addressing the father hate and the overlook story. Should’ve made that clearer.

Also I hope he is using us to leverage a better contract at the phins. I hope all players do that and their cap is a mess from day 1.

I tend to go against most opinions here and think Reed is a good dummy half but not a great one and since his injury his stocks have fallen even more. I think the likes of Grant, Cheese, Api, and even young Paix offer much more.

That shoulder injury he copped last season will take years to fully heal provided it's left to heal undisturbed. That is not likely to happen as the guy needs to earn a crust so he'll play on busted and the injury will only get worse. Parra know full well that he's now damaged goods and will be looking to replace him in a hurry. It's a shame as he was fast approaching elite level before that horror injury. After it, you could clearly see how his loss impacted Parra's title tilt.

hmmm ... maybe Ikin "leaked" the Mahoney news to Read to try and reverse the trend and put pressure on Grant, so he and his manager know we are considering other options 😛
Really dont have any news on that, but i assume it would be a likely strategy. Its well known HG wasnt too happy with game time last year.

Also dont know if we have the cash - would surely be 750 odd. Paying 750 for Reynolds was a master stroke as it puts the brakes on stupid contract prices with his quality.

Mahoney can **** off, not necessarily because he said he hates the Broncos, but because he's dumb enough to say something like that in a competition with 16 teams where they may be your only choice one day.

Michael Carayannis has taken the Mahoney story and run with it. according to him we are in a 4 way "tug-of-war" with the Eels, Titans and Dolphins for Mahoney.

Carayannis said:

“He (Mahoney) has emerged as the hottest prospect at the Eels,” Carayannis said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“They’ve got a stack of players off-contract (at the end of 2022) and they’re not going to be able to keep able of them, there’s no doubt about that.

“Reed’s already met with the Broncos, that’s interesting, he would’ve played for Queensland this year (barring injury).

“The Dolphins are keen on him as well, the Titans have had informal interest.

“Three of the four Queensland clubs have an interest in Reed for 2023 so I dare say this is his last season at the Eels.”

Really dont have any news on that, but i assume it would be a likely strategy. Its well known HG wasnt too happy with game time last year.

Also dont know if we have the cash - would surely be 750 odd. Paying 750 for Reynolds was a master stroke as it puts the brakes on stupid contract prices with his quality.

We may not have the cash next year but we sure as anything must have it for '23.

hmmm ... maybe Ikin "leaked" the Mahoney news to Read to try and reverse the trend and put pressure on Grant, so he and his manager know we are considering other options 😛
This is what I was getting at.

Michael Carayannis has taken the Mahoney story and run with it. according to him we are in a 4 way "tug-of-war" with the Eels, Titans and Dolphins for Mahoney.

Carayannis said:

“He (Mahoney) has emerged as the hottest prospect at the Eels,” Carayannis said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“They’ve got a stack of players off-contract (at the end of 2022) and they’re not going to be able to keep able of them, there’s no doubt about that.

“Reed’s already met with the Broncos, that’s interesting, he would’ve played for Queensland this year (barring injury).

“The Dolphins are keen on him as well, the Titans have had informal interest.

“Three of the four Queensland clubs have an interest in Reed for 2023 so I dare say this is his last season at the Eels.”
This guy has got the Tom Trbo of player managers. Flawless work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • Mister Wright
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • Shane Tronc
  • lynx000
  • Rookie Alan
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Dash
  • Johnny92
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Alec
  • BroncoFan94
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.