Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy has got the Tom Trbo of player managers. Flawless work

Seriously, we all go on about managers being grubs which they are but man they are all amazing at their jobs, lets be honest.

Except Paps's manager or anyone who 'negotiates' with Uncle Nick, he is deadset useless or corrupt.

Seriously, we all go on about managers being grubs which they are but man they are all amazing at their jobs, lets be honest.

Except Paps's manager or anyone who 'negotiates' with Uncle Nick, he is deadset useless or corrupt.
Storm and Rooster players may just have the best managers of all.

Ikin or Donaghy should come out and tell the players they have one shot to use us as leverage and we will never speak to them again. It's become so obvious that we are the easy target players use to get higher contracts elsewhere. If the meetings are released to the media by their managers we would away from the table straight away.

I don’t really care that much. I’ve hated the storm for years but if I had a son who signed there I’d get over it pretty quickly.

it’s far from the same regime that overlooked him as a 15 year old, I’m sure Dave, Ikin, and Kev can sell the club to basically anyone and what hooker wouldn’t want to be the guy playing behind Haas and passing to Reynolds. That’s a pretty sweet gig for a number 9. Easiest job in the world.

Im only concerned about his reoccurring injuries and size.
I'm with you on this. Likewise I'd get over my distaste for the Cows if my grandson played for them. I'd build a bridge and try my hardest to make them my second team. I feel naseous.

Mahoney can **** off, not necessarily because he said he hates the Broncos, but because he's dumb enough to say something like that in a competition with 16 teams where they may be your only choice one day.
Oh come on, ffs! He's a kid being asked cunty questions!
You want life imprisonment and deportation to the prison colonies for stealing a loaf of bread!!!

Mahoney will go to the highest bidder in SEQ which won't be us.

Ikin or Donaghy should come out and tell the players they have one shot to use us as leverage and we will never speak to them again. It's become so obvious that we are the easy target players use to get higher contracts elsewhere. If the meetings are released to the media by their managers we would away from the table straight away.
Leverage really only works if it's genuine. By that I mean it's based on our need(desire, preferred result) If we have our grownup pants on we know, as my Dad taught me "there's a bargain to be had everyday". Leverage only works when our desire/wants outweighs our brains!

Just another way to squeeze parra for more money. They will be saying their cap is tight with so many to re-sign this year so alot of them will be using other teams to drive their prices up. Hookers will be us, Titans, Dolphins, & Bulldogs

No thanks. Sounds like his heart wouldn't be in it. If he came, he'd be all about the money, which doesn't make a great player.

No thanks.

Considering Mahoney's injury history this is no doubt a cash grab for a big contract. Definitely don't need him on our physio table despite his ability.

Michael Carayannis has taken the Mahoney story and run with it. according to him we are in a 4 way "tug-of-war" with the Eels, Titans and Dolphins for Mahoney.
Tug of ***** more like it.

Oh come on, ffs! He's a kid being asked cunty questions!
You want life imprisonment and deportation to the prison colonies for stealing a loaf of bread!!!
I never want him in Broncos colours. There's no shortage of players to be signing players who've openly said they hate us.

Sports is about passion, I don't want players who hate us to be playing for us. I'm not going to cry if it eventuates, but I sure as **** hope it doesn't.

Interesting that Dobbo has come out and said he was told about Mahoney/Broncos 5wks ago from a source he trusts but didn’t report on it. Didnt think journos held much back anymore when it came to the Broncos, especially if it were to mean potential player unrest.
Either Dobbo is making shit up and is just saying he was told 5wks ago to make it look like he is in the know. Or, the more worrying one is, are the broncos really that worried about the backlash within the group if they were to remove/demote Turpin as the primary 9?
I really hope that player roster decisions aren’t being made on the likability of blokes in the team. If that is the case, we will never get out of the bottom 8.
I would still be holding out for either Grant or B.Smith and if not, keeping Paix/Turpin until Mozer is ready.

Either Dobbo is making shit up and is just saying he was told 5wks ago to make it look like he is in the know. Or, the more worrying one is, are the broncos really that worried about the backlash within the group if they were to remove/demote Turpin as the primary 9?

or the club are wary about being used as a bargaining chip and want to ensure he is serious before committing to full on negotiations with him (especially given his past comments about the club, which Ikin as a former media personality would be well aware of)

I'm not sure what poster it was but I recall back a little while after ikin came on board they posted that someone who had been in origin camp would be announced after Nov 1. Maybe it's mahony, or just another dart at a board. Maybe Dobbo new something as well.

I'm not sure what poster it was but I recall back a little while after ikin came on board they posted that someone who had been in origin camp would be announced after Nov 1. Maybe it's mahony, or just another dart at a board. Maybe Dobbo new something as well.
That would be @QLD JANE

Have a look at what everyone was saying in late April. In particular, laugh at Rothwell:

That would be @QLD JANE

Have a look at what everyone was saying in late April. In particular, laugh at Rothwell:

Walters was the only bloke who got one right.

Walters was the only bloke who got one right.
Not surprising given he's the one giving the thumbs up. I'd forgotten Badel's protege Garry was the one pushing the Shaun Johnson barrow. He's quit the game now:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • MrTickyMcG
  • achievedrap
  • Skyblues87
  • Culhwch
  • RolledOates
  • Sproj
  • mrslong
  • broncotville
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.