Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Last year i think Fifita was fairly mediocre and a little lazy and he still had plenty of impact, he just isnt having the impact you would want from a player on his salary. At the same time, it shows what a stupid move it was by the Titans to pay an edge back rower so much money and expect him to be a major influence on them winning games. He's a good player, and he can win a game, but he cant control a game from the back row.

This year i think he has put more effort into his game. Most games i've seen him i wouldnt have said he has played really well, but at least he hasnt been lazy imo. The problem he has is the Titans dont send much ball his way. If he was at the Storm with their structures he would be scoring over 25 tries a year i reckon. I dont really have much sympathy for him though. He chased the big dollars, and once you do that you have to accept the pressure and expectation of whats to come.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Yeah. Fifita apparently has a clause to leave next year if he wants to, and he's not happy at the Tits.
I wouldn’t say no. He can be lazy yes, but if he isn’t happy then that could be more so the problem of his laziness..
Part of me wants to laugh though..he did nothing but chace the money. Brisbane offered him very good coin to stay but he thought the grass was greener. After all the time & development (shout out to Bali..) we put into him and then he shat on the club by walking out.
IF he leaves the tits, I could see Wayne making some phone calls.
But I’d be happy for him to come back, at the right price that is.
If Riki went to Melbourne he would be an absolute gun. I wouldn’t approve of letting him go though.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
You are not on your own by any means. Fafita is a superstar and Riki is a spud. None of this will happen unfortunately.
Why is riki a spud? Genuine question.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Riki is going well but you could potentially work it other ways so you don't lose him. You could ship Carrigan or (sad face) Flegler somewhere and get Fifita in. Or even lose Piakura who has done nothing and get Fifita back with other bits and pieces flowing on.

I am not saying I would or wouldn't do it but I also certainly wouldn't pay Dave $750k. $500k and you would snap him up. He won't come back for that though, so it is all moot.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Fifita is a germ, solid no from me.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Why is riki a spud? Genuine question.
Rarely runs for more than 50 mtrs a game and is basically invisible out there. His tackle efficiency is decent but it needs to be on this team. "Spud" might be an unfair term because of his youth but he will only ever be a middle of the road type player. Comparing him to Fafita is laughable. If he decided to return to Brisbane (he won't), Riki would be quickly forgotten about.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Rarely runs for more than 50 mtrs a game and is basically invisible out there. His tackle efficiency is decent but it needs to be on this team. "Spud" might be an unfair term because of his youth but he will only ever be a middle of the road type player. Comparing him to Fafita is laughable. If he decided to return to Brisbane (he won't), Riki would be quickly forgotten about.

Are you serious? The kid has played 27 games for the club, he's basically a rookie still. Average run metres is 61/game across those 27 games. What's his average minutes been across those games? Who's been the half on his side of the field in that time? How has the team gone in that time?

He's not an out-and-out superstar, but a team cannot have those across all positions. He is a handy player with a great career ahead of him and even better, isn't eligible for Origin. With Reynolds inside him now and Kotoni outside, I'd expect to see him make more breaks this year. He runs some good lines.

I'd 100% rather Riki over Fifita on work ethic and attitude.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If anyone can fix Fifita and get him back on track to be the best 2nd rower, it's not the current Broncos.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I think he has lots of potential and will be a genuine gun in a couple of years. It’d be a shame if he went somewhere else to realise that potential. But just having looked at his stats this year, he’s actually had more metres gained than capewell.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Yesss. Hoeter is getting a shot in the centres. How good.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Riki is going well but you could potentially work it other ways so you don't lose him. You could ship Carrigan or (sad face) Flegler somewhere and get Fifita in. Or even lose Piakura who has done nothing and get Fifita back with other bits and pieces flowing on.

I am not saying I would or wouldn't do it but I also certainly wouldn't pay Dave $750k. $500k and you would snap him up. He won't come back for that though, so it is all moot.
Coffee Cooking GIF by Holly Logan

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Look at our right side defence without riki (warriors and cowboys (because he got injured early in the game) and the games with riki. His line speed and lateral movement dramatically improves that whole right side's defence.

Fifita is a very good individual player, but Riki is a player that makes his teammates better.

I think his combo with reynolds will click soon and we will start seeing his attacking game improve too.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I know its not popular and i might be on my own but i would swap Riki for Fifita.

Riki has really improved I thought, this season he's working harder defensively from the inside. Last year a couple of times I watched him give up once the play went passed him but he's working a bit harder this season.

I think there's a really good player there, I definitely think he has a higher work rate than Fifita.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
If anyone can fix Fifita and get him back on track to be the best 2nd rower, it's not the current Broncos.
He has never been the best second rower in the world ever. He was on a much more higher trajectory at our club than he has been at the titans. The fact that he started last year so well then has regressed only tells you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Cavalo
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Waynesaurus
  • eggstar10
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.