Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
i think Fifita could be a great lock, but he just needs to be consistent with his efforts and frankly it's to hard to judge if he will ever.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Riki has really improved I thought, this season he's working harder defensively from the inside. Last year a couple of times I watched him give up once the play went passed him but he's working a bit harder this season.

I think there's a really good player there, I definitely think he has a higher work rate than Fifita.
I don't necessarily dislike Riki and don't have a problem with him even if i am not as high on him as some of the forum members but in a straight choice of the 2 i would personally take Fifita.

Fifita signed with the Titans when Seibold was still on deck so i don't hold a grudge against him for that.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
i think Fifita could be a great lock, but he just needs to be consistent with his efforts and frankly it's to hard to judge if he will ever.
He would be a terrible lock. His strongest traits are his speed, size and power to run around halves and brush off centres. It would be wasted in the middle

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
He would be a terrible lock. His strongest traits are his speed, size and power to run around halves and brush off centres. It would be wasted in the middle
I think there's an argument for him to play centre too, if he has the defence for it.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
I think there's an argument for him to play centre too, if he has the defence for it.
I said this three years ago 😂 take one look at maninga and then Fifita makes you wonder.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

His first try in ISC was standing off the scrum 80m out. It was terrifying. It was his second game in 2018.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Fifita is lazier than Milford. No thanks.

At the titans, but can you really blame him for that if his main motivation for going there was the insane amount of cash they threw at him? He might geniunely regret not staying at the Broncos, it seemed as though he loved the club when he was here.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
At the titans, but can you really blame him for that if his main motivation for going there was the insane amount of cash they threw at him? He might geniunely regret not staying at the Broncos, it seemed as though he loved the club when he was here.

Can you really say he was any better for us?

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
should be keeping an eye on radradra,i dont think we could afford him but be silly not to ask a few questions.
Absolutely not. The last position we need to spend money on is a winger, we already have too many.
I'm not saying it's happening, but thoughts on Riki moving to Melbourne and getting Fifita back at 750k next year.
I don't think he is worth 750k on his current form, especially with our spine. I'd absolutely take him back, but I think 600~ is the area I'd be offering.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
He has never been the best second rower in the world ever. He was on a much more higher trajectory at our club than he has been at the titans. The fact that he started last year so well then has regressed only tells you that.
He wasn't, but he should have been on track to be the best 2nd rower. Just like Dave Taylor, he's got all the physical tools to dominate, just needs a tough love sort of coach that demands respect to get the most out of him.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
I feel like the key to Fifita & a lot of other young blokes playing their best football at the Broncos is highly dependant on the coach.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
I feel like the key to Fifita & a lot of other young blokes playing their best football at the Broncos is highly dependant on the coach.

Fixed it for you mate, this isn't a Broncos problem. There's a whole lot of skilled guys across the whole comp who aren't reaching their potential and I'd put a lot of it on the quality of coaching.

Also far easier for the likes of Bellamy who has been with the same club for decades, who has built his own system from the ground up. We had that once upon a time too, and benefited from it just the same.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Fifita can do those solo efforts every few games but he really needs a good combination with his half to get the best out of him every week, like his and Tanner Boyd's combo in their Keebra day.
A edge of Reynolds, Fifita and Staggs would be damaging but so can one with Riki once Reno builds that combination.
When Riki resigned a couple years ago and went public saying “I wanted to be that first person to put my hand up and be like ‘right boys, jump on board, let’s fight’ that will always have him over Fifita for me.
I'd welcome Fifita back not on the money he's on and not at the expense of Jordan.
Riki has the potential of being a future captain of this club.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Look at our right side defence without riki (warriors and cowboys (because he got injured early in the game) and the games with riki. His line speed and lateral movement dramatically improves that whole right side's defence.

Fifita is a very good individual player, but Riki is a player that makes his teammates better.

I think his combo with reynolds will click soon and we will start seeing his attacking game improve too.
BuT dEFenCE doEsNT MaTteR

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Fifita can do those solo efforts every few games but he really needs a good combination with his half to get the best out of him every week, like his and Tanner Boyd's combo in their Keebra day.
A edge of Reynolds, Fifita and Staggs would be damaging but so can one with Riki once Reno builds that combination.
When Riki resigned a couple years ago and went public saying “I wanted to be that first person to put my hand up and be like ‘right boys, jump on board, let’s fight’ that will always have him over Fifita for me.
I'd welcome Fifita back not on the money he's on and not at the expense of Jordan.
Riki has the potential of being a future captain of this club.
You could easily have both, if Fifita wants to come back. I think Capewell moves to lock and tries to become Yeo MkII

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
You could easily have both, if Fifita wants to come back. I think Capewell moves to lock and tries to become Yeo MkII
Yeah I agree, I think Capewell has the ability to be dangerous in the 13 jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Socnorb
  • Swordfish
  • MrMoore
  • levikaden
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fozz
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.